Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

6 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Normally you were to use you ship room key card. So when you leave you would take it with you and the lights would shut off. Now no more. The problem previously. If you walked out and forgot to take you room key. You locked yourself out. I would think the door locks once you enter your room. maybe you need to walk a bit into the room before it will lock. What about late sleepers. Does that info now show on the screen outside of the room?

Yes - BEFORE the Medallion, so, putting it in a spanky new Medallion only ship was just stupid!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

But as Princess keeps repeating - Sky is the first ship built for Medallion from the beginning.  So why would they install card slots at all given the ship was designed and built to NOT use cards ??!!   That is what I'm wondering about.  

Perhaps it’s because of all the old guard who simply refuse to use the Medallion as it tracks their every movement even in the bathroom and so prefer to have a cruise card?

On 11/13/2019 at 7:40 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Hi Caroline...we boarded a week before Colo Cruiser in Civitavecchia & the terminal was quick & efficient.

Overall we’re having a great time...they even have better wine glasses which our waitstaff said was only on the Sky.  Unfortunately no wine packages & it’s very difficult to schedule a Winemakers Dinner.  That’s “forced” us to bring our favorite Tuscan wines to enjoy at dinner plus two bottles of Malbec from our TA. 🍷

4DDA0C5A-EC07-4AA2-9D18-13075F0641EC.jpeg

That looks a very nice drop hoa maikai. I have not seen an Italian Malbec before. I am very partial to a Mendoza Malbec, and we have one or two Malbecs here in the land downunder, but I would love to share one of those with you one day........

Aloha 

On 11/13/2019 at 2:32 AM, Astro Flyer said:

I also liked the revised Trattoria menu...fried calamari & the Burrata with tomatoes are back. 👍

I think there were 7 pasta options (got the 3 pastas sampler) and got the dessert sampler with all 4 options. 

Yum!

15 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

That looks a very nice drop hoa maikai. I have not seen an Italian Malbec before. I am very partial to a Mendoza Malbec, and we have one or two Malbecs here in the land downunder, but I would love to share one of those with you one day........

Aloha 

Aloha Russell...sorry about creating confusion & that $37 bottle of Catena Malbec is from Mendoza Argentina & is rated at 93 points.

Good but for us not as good as the Brunello di Montalcino we’re enjoying at dinner which when purchased in Italy was about half the price as in America. 🍷🍷

Edited by Astro Flyer

On 11/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, Astro Flyer said:

In our interior sideways cabin there are 3 rods of about 24” each...2 stacked over each other for shorter clothing and 1 that’s full length like other Princess closets we’ve had in our cabins.

Thank you, Astro Flyer. We have sideways cabins next year on the Sky, so this is very helpful information. I like the idea of the two stacked rods.

is anyone also able to provide an approximate length for the rod in a regular inside or in a balcony? Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Perhaps it’s because of all the old guard who simply refuse to use the Medallion as it tracks their every movement even in the bathroom and so prefer to have a cruise card?

I would say that's exactly right.  If they allow folks to not use the medallion and instead use a card, they need that feature.

Keith,  I know dress codes are always a "sticky" conversation on here but, I'm wondering what the dress code will be like on the 3 night cruises in December for the MDR or places like the Crown Grill.  Especially the first cruise where boarding is so late and you can't get your bags until long after dinner. They do have the habit of allowing shorts in the first night and last night due to baggage already.

Can you maybe ask the Maitre D their thoughts on this if you have a chance.   

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

A couple of changes from my previous Princess cruises:  no Baked Alaska parade (dessert was available) and no nightly selling of an after dinner alcoholic drink.

So how do you and your wife like the Sky compared to the Royal?  Hope you're having a great cruise!

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Has not let up since Rome

At least the Sky is blue and the sun is out!  😎

Looks like perfect weather to nap in for me. reminds me of all the times I went to the coast of northern california as a kid (and my proposal to my fiancee) and we would swim in the freezing waters with crazy winds. always loved napping in the wind.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

A couple of changes from my previous Princess cruises:  no Baked Alaska parade (dessert was available) and no nightly selling of an after dinner alcoholic drink.

We had the Baked Alaska Parade both weeks of our B2B (27 October and 3 November). Both on the last night of the week. We were in the Cielo dining room on the 7.45 late traditional sitting.