Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

On 11/15/2019 at 5:13 AM, Fletch1 said:

That looks a very nice drop hoa maikai. I have not seen an Italian Malbec before. I am very partial to a Mendoza Malbec, and we have one or two Malbecs here in the land downunder, but I would love to share one of those with you one day........

Aloha 

Catena Malbec is from Mendoza, Argentina. Had it on our Regal last last week, & thought it was excellent.

3 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Yikes. What kind of issues? We're booked on the 1st (of 2) inaugural cruises out of FLL on the 1st. Gladly, it's only a 3 night cruise so I hope we can manage whatever the issues are. For such a quick cruise, I won't worry about the internet and will simply use our phones!

As I have noted in this thread. Sevice dropping/disconnection multiple times during the day on a couple of occasions. 
Today it has been slow and lagging. 
OM staff say the amount of people online has nothing to do with speed/ connection etc.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Internet today at sea is pretty bad. Slow and lagging.

The fact that many are probably logged on was not supposed to affect it.

Something is.

Really enjoying following along with you.

i did see somewhere on Princess’ site that internet would be slower the further north you are. Also, being at sea sometimes means the satellite reception is diminished, so it may last throughout the crossing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

As I have noted in this thread. Sevice dropping/disconnection multiple times during the day on a couple of occasions. 

Sorry; haven't read the entire thread due to our lousy service ~ just a bit here and there. Thought you were talking about issues other than the internet...

On 11/15/2019 at 10:45 AM, Astro Flyer said:

We prefer the Sky’s changes to the Royal where we cruise with you.  Although we’d happily cruise on both ships & we’re doing the Royal’s MR & CA Coastal again in Spring 2020. 😃

On this cruise we’re seated at your table for all 28 days.

Looking forward to my cruise in March, and am doing the Mexico on the Royal in Nov.  How do you like "my old table"! I liked it a lot, got to see all the comings and goings and liked being at the end.

56 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Keith, would you mind checking to see if the ship is carrying Sprite Zero when you get the chance?  Thanks so much!  Really enjoying your thread!

DH had diet sprite.  I don't know if that is the same thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Beautiful pictures again Keith.  Has the weather and seas gotten better for you?

Thanks Carolyn.

It is still cold but pretty clear and a little less wind.

The best night and sunset yet!

Love that feeling seeing all the luggage out but not mine.   🙏🙏

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

In the fixed dining room Ciello(deck 6 aft)we definetly had the baked Alaska last week(the Nov 3rd cruise). And the parade with it.

No parade in anytime on deck 5 last week or tonight.  Baked Alaska was on the menu.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks Carolyn.

It is still cold but pretty clear and a little less wind.

The best night and sunset yet!

Love that feeling seeing all the luggage out but not mine.   🙏🙏

The wind is back big time. Gusting to 30mph. You can feel it hitting the ship from the side. Howling like crazy! I can’t remember a time on a cruise with this much wind other than the Bosporus on the way to Istanbul once which is known for the wind.

The ships program for weather is saying it’s 60. No way......it is more like high 40’s to 50.

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The wind is back big time. Gusting to 30mph. You can feel it hitting the ship from the side. Howling like crazy! I can’t remember a time on a cruise with this much wind other than the Bosporus on the way to Istanbul once which is known for the wind.

The ships program for weather is saying it’s 60. No way......it is more like high 40’s to 50.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

1 hour ago, caribill said:

The bath towels on the Royal and Regal were extra rough compared to the softer towels on the earlier Princess ships.

How are the bath towels on the Sky?

Thanks

I thought they were nice and plush. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CTGirl said:

No parade in anytime on deck 5 last week or tonight.  Baked Alaska was on the menu.

The parade was back at the early seating in Cielo on Saturday night.

In the buffet’s drink stations they have lemonade dispensers but must request iced tea which is the opposite of my previous experiences on other Princess ships.

Edited by Astro Flyer

55 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

The parade was back at the early seating in Cielo on Saturday night.

In the buffet’s drink stations they have lemonade dispensers but must request iced tea which is the opposite of my previous experiences on other Princess ships.

Frank,
Thanks for the company at lunch!

I really enjoyed it!

• Like 1