Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

Did the 'Photo Gallery' go to the 'face recognition' method for you to find your pics, or are they still printing them all out and you search the racks ?  and it's been a while since we bought one, but may if there is a nice holiday background

Thanks and thanks about the no more champagne splits ... bummer

23 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

In the one photo it shows the medallion logo under the computer monitor. Are your photos now linked via the medallion like they do at Disney?

Marty

I think so. I don't do the photo thing or I should say I have not done it under this new format.

I believe when you sit down at the kiosk monitor and wave your medallion, the screen recognizes your cabin and name and pulls up any and all pics that have been taken of anyone associated with that cabin #

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

I believe when you sit down at the kiosk monitor and wave your medallion, the screen recognizes your cabin and name and pulls up any and all pics that have been taken of anyone associated with that cabin #

that would imply you give your cabin number when your pic is taken ??

Captain just announced in all areas (cabins) rather than just public areas that we will be having some significant movement (4 to 5 meter swells) as we turn north toward Lisbon around 1:00am.

Average of 19 knots en-route to Lisbon.

Turning clocks back 1 hour tonight putting us along side Lisbon at 9:00am in the morning.

22 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Danny Rembadi.

This guy is really good.

Plays in the Piazza, Crown Grill Bar, Vista Lounge.

He also played during the PSE Lounge.

IMG_2426.MOV

Danny's the best solo guitarist performer I ever heard on a ship - and there's been many.

We had Danny aboard the Island a few years ago for a Panama Canal full transit. 

I now "give" solo guitar players on ships the "Danny Rembadi Award" if they're good. Some of the recipients actually knew who I meant when I tell them! Still, there's no one quite like Danny!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Danny's the best solo guitarist performer I ever heard on a ship - and there's been many.

We had Danny aboard the Island a few years ago for a Panama Canal full transit. 

I now "give" solo guitar players on ships the "Danny Rembadi Award" if they're good. Some of the recipients actually knew who I meant when I tell them! Still, there's no one quite like Danny!

I would put Duncan Tuck right up there too. 

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

If you buy a photo package; pictures are tied to your cabin number; and the pictures taken around the ship are sequenced by a  facial recognition program.  It is pretty much the same as before the medallion program started.  We had a photo package on our Alaskan cruise in 2017 and all our photos were tied to our cabin number thru the facial recognition software

Great finding this "live" report on Sky Princess!  I booked us for a 10-day Caribbean on Sky for next November -- just days before departing for our 4th RCI cruise, LOL.  (Disappointed again, even worse than last time.  I'm done with RCCL.)

Love the pics!  Following  . . . been thinking about trying Princess for years, shoulda done it a long time ago.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Captain just announced in all areas (cabins) rather than just public areas that we will be having some significant movement (4 to 5 meter swells) as we turn north toward Lisbon around 1:00am.

Average of 19 knots en-route to Lisbon.

Turning clocks back 1 hour tonight putting us along side Lisbon at 9:00am in the morning.

4-5 meters! Yeehaw!

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

I was on the Oct 20 Sky cruise.  I had taken some pictures on formal night.  You do not give your cabin number.  

You swipe your medallion at a monitor.  It is suppose to recognize you from your embankment picture.  The monitor did not recognize me.  The crew member came over and with his tablet found my pictures.  All your pictures show up and you choose the picture you want and he fills in an order on his tablet, he wrote up a paper receipt that I had to sign.  I had to come back with the receipt the next night after 6pm.  They only print picture that are paid for.

Royal Caribbean newest ship Symphony had monitors with face recognition, when we were on in January 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1