Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

She is in the Vista for PSE.

Told her you guys were coming.

FF4E7727-CE83-401F-B31F-8135048B8352.jpeg

She is also on coffee bar outside Princess live in the mornings.  Keeps

me from having to go to IC and those snarky guys. 
I’ve been on since Nov 3rd.  Not all that impressed.  Same old Princess - right hand  doesn’t know what left hand is doing.  

7 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I forgot you were on this sailing!  Hope you are having the greatest of times and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks for adding to the pictures of the Sky.

Hi Caroline...we boarded a week before Colo Cruiser in Civitavecchia & the terminal was quick & efficient.

Overall we’re having a great time...they even have better wine glasses which our waitstaff said was only on the Sky.  Unfortunately no wine packages & it’s very difficult to schedule a Winemakers Dinner.  That’s “forced” us to bring our favorite Tuscan wines to enjoy at dinner plus two bottles of Malbec from our TA. 🍷

4DDA0C5A-EC07-4AA2-9D18-13075F0641EC.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

Presently on the Sky -- Ship is beautiful -- weather is less than desirable. so far. Princess patter is different in format then other ships -- find it harder to read -- the port guides are one page instead of two. Formal nights are called are now called " dress to impress"  !!!  

ciao for now  

• Like 5

Very impressive ship. The upgraded wine glasses are also available from the steward for your rooms.

The Dress to impress night was interesting. In the patter they asked that during dress to impress night, please observe the suggested dress code for the traditional and anytime dining venues. I guess they are saying on other nights not to worry about the dress code????

We will have a formal night on tomorrows sea day.

In addition to the pump soap and improved shower curtain, I believe the showers themselves are about 35 -50% larger and have hand held shower heads. Big improvement.

No way to measure, but hallways may be a little wider, and I believe a scooter and steward's cart can co-exist.

Jim😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jeanandjim said:

Very impressive ship. The upgraded wine glasses are also available from the steward for your rooms.

The Dress to impress night was interesting. In the patter they asked that during dress to impress night, please observe the suggested dress code for the traditional and anytime dining venues. I guess they are saying on other nights not to worry about the dress code????

We will have a formal night on tomorrows sea day.

In addition to the pump soap and improved shower curtain, I believe the showers themselves are about 35 -50% larger and have hand held shower heads. Big improvement.

No way to measure, but hallways may be a little wider, and I believe a scooter and steward's cart can co-exist.

Jim😎

I agree the hallways seem much wider.  

DC314111-158F-4F6D-9C98-889BFD41B70A.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sweet Dreams said:

Colo Cruiser, thank you so so much for your posts including pics. We are on the sky for New Years. Do you know if the band Static is on the sky now and do you have "Captain Bye Bye" bringing you to Port Everglades? 

I don't see Static listed.

Capriccio String Quartet

Guitar Vocalist Danny Rembadi (he is very good!!)

Progressions and Virtuosity

Solo Pianist Slava

Hot Tonic Trio

Fee Fee and the Sentiments

Tonight Showtime with Princess 2019 Entertainer of the year Phillip Browne.

I believe Captain Tuvo is due to join in Portugal for the TA?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LAS!!1414 said:

Presently on the Sky -- Ship is beautiful -- weather is less than desirable. so far. Princess patter is different in format then other ships -- find it harder to read -- the port guides are one page instead of two. Formal nights are called are now called " dress to impress"  !!!  

ciao for now  

I agree about the Patter. Probably because of the Medallion planner.

I also find the new format deck guides on the wall next to the elevators to be difficult to read as well.

For anyone on board:

Could you tell me if the blow dryer is the same one that has been on every ship forever???  They are not strong enough to dry my hair so I usually bring one, but would love to be able to leave it home!!!

Thanks so much - so glad everyone is having a great time.

12 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree about the Patter. Probably because of the Medallion planner.

I also find the new format deck guides on the wall next to the elevators to be difficult to read as well.

Also the only main dining room menus are at the aft end of the buffet...none at the MDR dining rooms & none at Sabatini’s.  The MDRs change daily & even though the specialty restaurants don’t change not everyone carries their phone to view the menu.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

For anyone on board:

Could you tell me if the blow dryer is the same one that has been on every ship forever???  They are not strong enough to dry my hair so I usually bring one, but would love to be able to leave it home!!!

Thanks so much - so glad everyone is having a great time.

My wife thinks it’s the same as on the Royal/Regal and that it takes about twice as long as at home although it might be slightly better than on pre Royal-class ships.

what time are you taking all these great pictures ! everything is pristine and not a person in sight ??  edit - posted before the Alfredos pics ... our go to for embarkation lunch, but not a real fan of the layout ... at least from the above pics

Edited by voljeep

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what time are you taking all these great pictures ! everything is pristine and not a person in sight ??  edit - posted before the Alfredos pics ... our go to for embarkation lunch, but not a real fan of the layout ... at least from the above pics

Early morning or when everyone’s off in port. (Sanctuary it’s freezing/windy out)

Just ate lunch in Alfredos. Good pizza but don’t care for this new sterile decor in many venues, including Vista/Sabatini/Alfredos etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

FYI

I was supposed to get the coupon books. They were listed in my travel summary.

I found out this morning that on the Sky they are not being used or given out because any deals are now listed on the Medallion.

Were you able to locate it on the Medallion app?  

We didn’t get coupon books with our booking so there’s nothing for me to find.