Princess loyalty OBC

6 hours ago, 2CtheC said:

Can confirm it’s the second. Have crossed over the increases a few times, as have some regular travel companions. It’s USD converted to AUD on Princess Au cruises and straight USD elsewhere.

I haven't specifically noticed when it  'clicked over' previously. I will be watching for my next milestone.

Someone else posted a comment on the general Princess board that the OBC was US$ converted to Aussie. I believed her comment, but it is good to have it confirmed. [emoji4]

I have over 52 cruises and I’m pretty sure it kicked in at 52 which is $100 US which works out approximately $140 AUD and you get that for every cruise and even a 2 day cruise

With a couple if you have the same surname you only get it per cabin but if your partner has a different surname you both get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is a bit primitive, if it is per cabin, fair enough but if it is per person but only if they have different names, that is bonkers.

Mic why is it bonkers
2 people with different surnames they both get the loyalty OBC

3 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Mic why is it bonkers
2 people with different surnames they both get the loyalty OBC

Bonkers because if it is supposed to go to each person who has qualified by loyalty, then surnames (different or otherwise) shouldn't have any thing to do with it.

i.e If it is not per cabin, then when my wife (who has 3 more Princess cruises than me), she should get some OBC for the next cruise, and when I qualify for it 3 cruises later, we both should get some OBC, despite having the same name.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Bonkers because if it is supposed to go to each person who has qualified by loyalty, then surnames (different or otherwise) shouldn't have any thing to do with it.

i.e If it is not per cabin, then when my wife (who has 3 more Princess cruises than me), she should get some OBC for the next cruise, and when I qualify for it 3 cruises later, we both should get some OBC, despite having the same name.

I agree with your reasoning, but I suppose it is Princess' ship and they set the rules.🙂

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree with your reasoning, but I suppose it is Princess' ship and they set the rules.🙂

But there can be numerous situations where two people sharing can be related with different names or conversely have the same surname but not be partners.

If the Loyalty OBC is per person, then so be it, if it is per cabin then that is fine too, they shouldn't be doing it on a surname type basis though.

We have just been on Sea Princess. My husband,who has one more cruise than me, was on his 21st cruise. He was given $25 OBC but in AUD, not converted from USD. Staff were unable to explain why this credit was applied to his account so it seems this is the reason. Mystery solved.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...