Unwanted room "upgrade"

bwilso06

Hi All,

I booked an Obstructed Oceanview quad share room as part of one of P&O's flash sales. Cruise is return Sydney to Moreton Island departing Nov 18.

I purposely booked this category as looking at the deck plans, these rooms were located Midship-Aft and I am prone to motion sickness. The category location was also confirm by a Customer Service Agent.

I received an email on Friday with an Upgrade Notice and room allocation. I have been "upgraded" to a non-obstructed oceanview cabin at the front of the ship.

I am concerned about the location of this room being at the front of the ship.

I spoke with a Customer Service Agent along with a supervisor and was advised that P&O are entitled to "upgrade" my room category and once a room is allocated, there is nothing that can be done. I am also waiting for a return call from a Manager but am not holding my breath.

In my opinion, I have not received an upgrade, being moved from Deck 8 Midship-Aft to Deck 6 Forward.

Has anyone had any luck in

1. Disputing and declining an "upgrade"
  2. Having a room allocation changed in a similar circumstance

Is there anything I can do to be reallocated to an Obstructed oceanview room or do I just need to cop it?

Cheers,

Brett

Hi Brett

They have given you the standard response and it seems like a bit of "luck of the draw" if you can get your cabin back.  Sometimes they just cant - e.g. it has been allocated already or it might be taken out due to repairs / maintenance etc. 

Bottom line is even if you have your profile marked no upgrade they can still move you for operational reasons.  The contract always covers them to do let them have the final say on cabin allocation.  

On the positive side moving down two decks is a positive - the lower the better for sea sickness.  

I do wish you all the best in getting the cabin changed, and if not smooth sailing.  My sea sickness tip is to take sea legs at bed time - you get a great nights sleep and by the time you wake up the drowsiness has passed.  For this to work you might need to start the night before your cruise so that it is in your system for sailaway....