Port Canaveral Disney transportation?

mskaufman

18 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

If you buy Disney transportation, where do they let you off?  Can you get to Downtown Disney, which you don't need a ticket to get into?

Are you talking about if you purchase an excursion that would go to Disney?  I would guess it would let you off at the Ticket and Transportation Center which would be the most central hub to get to the other parks or to Disney Springs.  I don't know for sure. 

If you are talking about Magical Express, I don't know how one gets from another line's ship to the Magical Express which I feel certain would be at Disney's terminal.  In that case, it would drop you off  at your hotel?  

If something else like a shuttle, Uber or Lyft, I imagine it would drop you off wherever you wanted it to drop you. Be mindful that if you are trying to plan a "day trip" from the port to Orlando and back, you may find yourself with much less time at Disney than you bargained for.   We stay at Disney fairly regularly and have heard a lot of people complaining about how long it took the buses to leave from Port Canaveral and the traffic getting to Orlando, and then how long it takes to get back to the Port in time to reboard.  

Your question was a little unusual.  To most Disney addicts, "DIsney Transportation" is something run by Disney which would be either Magical Express which does run from the Disney Cruise Line to the resorts or the airport to the resorts, and then once on property, it is the Disney buses and onsite boats and monorails.  Minnie Vans are somewhat "Disney Transportation" even though they are technically Lyft.  

Perhaps if you clarify what you mean by "purchase Disney transportation", someone can give you a more accurate answer.   Also, you may get a better response if you ask on the Disney board. 

• Clarea changed the title to Port Canaveral Disney transportation?

This is what we are thinking of doing. We currently have the Orlando Outlet and Disney Springs excursion booked, but thinking of switching to just the Disney Transportation excursion to get us there. Then we would go to Disney Springs and visit resorts for the day. I started another thread in booking 2 excursions and there have been some great feedback and suggestions in there.

My understanding is the bus drops you off at the TTC.

Edited by LuCruise

On 11/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, mskaufman said:

If you buy Disney transportation, where do they let you off?  Can you get to Downtown Disney, which you don't need a ticket to get into?

TTC.  there are busses that run from there to Disney Springs  and quite honestly the only reason I'd book that excursion.  

We are going to be there on Christmas.  We don't want to stay on the boat all day and can't imagine that admission to the park would be worth it given the crowds and lines.  We were thinking of Disney Springs as a place to wander around for a few hours.  By the way, what does TTC stand for?

12 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

what does TTC stand for

Ticket and Transportation Center.  It's basically a hub where you can catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom, the monorail resorts, EPCOT, or the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom and then they also have the buses to Disney Springs and the other non-monorail resorts and other parks.

Jump on the monorail loop around the monorail resorts and get off and walk through them all.  They decorate for the holidays and there's tons to see.  Then take the monorail loop to EPCOT..it's like a free 20-minute ride roundtrip.

6 hours ago, LuCruise said:

This is what we are thinking of doing. We currently have the Orlando Outlet and Disney Springs excursion booked, but thinking of switching to just the Disney Transportation excursion to get us there. Then we would go to Disney Springs and visit resorts for the day. I started another thread in booking 2 excursions and there have been some great feedback and suggestions in there.

My understanding is the bus drops you off at the TTC.

I don't believe you would have much time if you were on something that would take you to the outlets AND Disney Springs.  Truthfully, you could spend all day for your excursion to Disney Springs. There is so much to look at.   Even when we are on the property,  my husband usually schedules a tee time for around 9:30. I leave then and go to Disney Springs and usually get back after he does.  The Disney Store in Disney Springs alone can take over an hour to look through if you take your time.   There are usually musicians playing at the pavilion.   So many nice shops and restaurants.  Well worth going.

I agree with others who say people there at Christmas should definitely do a resort hop on the MK monorail loop and check out the decorations.  We were there at Thanksgiving last year and I had so much fun looking at all of the Christmas decorations. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Jump on the monorail loop around the monorail resorts and get off and walk through them all.  They decorate for the holidays and there's tons to see.  Then take the monorail loop to EPCOT..it's like a free 20-minute ride roundtrip.

Good point - the Grand Floridian had a full size gingerbread house in the lobby last time we were there for Christmas.

1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

Thanks all, I see  plan coming into place.

When we were on Symphony they ran two.  A excursion that dropped off at TTC, this was a bad choice,  bus waited forever to leave the port, left the park 3 1/2 hours before sail away,  traffic back to port was very light.  The other choice that they did not recommend for people going into the park was a shuttle to Disney springs.  This would have been a much better choice,  Shuttle ran back and forth all day, left the port 2 hours before the bus, last pickup was less then 2 hours before sail away. Uber runs about 100 each way, Lyft a little less.  Royals excursion was about $40 and the shuttle was $ 29.  I think they ran 2 or three shuttles and only 1 bus drop off and pickup. happy cruising.

15 hours ago, mskaufman said:

We are going to be there on Christmas.  We don't want to stay on the boat all day and can't imagine that admission to the park would be worth it given the crowds and lines.  We were thinking of Disney Springs as a place to wander around for a few hours.  By the way, what does TTC stand for?

We did Disney on Christmas Day 2017.   AMAZING crowds.  As in AMAZINGLY HUGE. 😄

But very magical.  We were in the area for 2 weeks and 8 day passes, so did not worry about waits too much.

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

When we were on Symphony they ran two.  A excursion that dropped off at TTC, this was a bad choice,  bus waited forever to leave the port, left the park 3 1/2 hours before sail away,  traffic back to port was very light.  The other choice that they did not recommend for people going into the park was a shuttle to Disney springs.  This would have been a much better choice,  Shuttle ran back and forth all day, left the port 2 hours before the bus, last pickup was less then 2 hours before sail away. Uber runs about 100 each way, Lyft a little less.  Royals excursion was about $40 and the shuttle was $ 29.  I think they ran 2 or three shuttles and only 1 bus drop off and pickup. happy cruising.

Sounds like we need to check at the excursion desk whether or not there are choices.

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not OP but can I ask...For the Disney Springs shuttle, was this the Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs excursion? Or it was a third type of excursion that they offer (e.g. Disney Transportation, Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs, and Disney Springs)?  That is exactly what we need, but we only have the first two offered on our Anthem cruise.  

For us, the Disney Transportation shows as 10 hrs and the Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs excursion shows as 8 hrs with the shopping one costing more. So sounds like there is a third kind that isn't always offered for every Port Canaveral cruise stop?  (But in searching shore excursions, I have yet to see just a Disney Springs excursion - So maybe it's something they used to offer?).

Edited by LuCruise

5 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Not OP but can I ask...For the Disney Springs shuttle, was this the Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs excursion? Or it was a third type of excursion that they offer (e.g. Disney Transportation, Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs, and Disney Springs)?  That is exactly what we need, but we only have the first two offered on our Anthem cruise.  

For us, the Disney Transportation shows as 10 hrs and the Orlando Shopping and Disney Springs excursion shows as 8 hrs with the shopping one costing more. So sounds like there is a third kind that isn't always offered for every Port Canaveral cruise stop?  (But in searching shore excursions, I have yet to see just a Disney Springs excursion - So maybe it's something they used to offer?).

The excursion was a round trip to the Disney ticket and entrance area, one drop off time and one pickup time on a large bus/coach.  The shuttle was to the shopping mall and a Disney springs drop off.  There was more than one shuttle with pick up's and drop off's several times through out the day. The bus excursion was way to short with everyone complaining, after returning and complaining Royal issued everyone a complete refund of the excursion cost as well as a refund for Disney tickets. I think we got about a $325.00 refund in the form of a refundable OBC. This was on the Symphony TA last year, things may have changed.  We made our reservations at the desk up in the photo gallery.  I have heard that many things on the Symphony TA were different then normal. good luck and happy cruising

42 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

The excursion was a round trip to the Disney ticket and entrance area, one drop off time and one pickup time on a large bus/coach.  The shuttle was to the shopping mall and a Disney springs drop off.  There was more than one shuttle with pick up's and drop off's several times through out the day. The bus excursion was way to short with everyone complaining, after returning and complaining Royal issued everyone a complete refund of the excursion cost as well as a refund for Disney tickets. I think we got about a $325.00 refund in the form of a refundable OBC. This was on the Symphony TA last year, things may have changed.  We made our reservations at the desk up in the photo gallery.  I have heard that many things on the Symphony TA were different then normal. good luck and happy cruising

Thanks for replying.  Really annoying with your Disney Transportation excursion.  Glad you at least got your money back.

So we have the shopping mall and Disney Springs excursion currently booked.  But from the description, it sounds like it goes to the outlet for 3 hrs, and then to Disney Springs for 2 hrs.  Are you saying we could skip the outlet mall?  Or go to the mall for say 1hr and spend the rest of the time at Disney Springs?  Then return to the ship when ready (as long as a shuttle was returning then)?  Doesn't sound like it's flexible like that from the description, but would be great if that's how it worked.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for replying.  Really annoying with your Disney Transportation excursion.  Glad you at least got your money back.

So we have the shopping mall and Disney Springs excursion currently booked.  But from the description, it sounds like it goes to the outlet for 3 hrs, and then to Disney Springs for 2 hrs.  Are you saying we could skip the outlet mall?  Or go to the mall for say 1hr and spend the rest of the time at Disney Springs?  Then return to the ship when ready (as long as a shuttle was returning then)?  Doesn't sound like it's flexible like that from the description, but would be great if that's how it worked.

The way it worked last NOV. the shuttle left the port and dropped off and picked up at the mall and then onto Disney where it dropped off and picked up and then returned to the ship.  They ran several shuttles with pick up and drop off 3 or 4 times a day.  I WOULD  assume things have changed as our cruise was heavy loaded with Pinnacles. They demanded and got free shuttle service  to and from the mall and Disney Springs.   Hopefully someone from the TA will respond with their take on the shuttle, we were on the bus.  happy cruising

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

The way it worked last NOV. the shuttle left the port and dropped off and picked up at the mall and then onto Disney where it dropped off and picked up and then returned to the ship.  They ran several shuttles with pick up and drop off 3 or 4 times a day.  I WOULD  assume things have changed as our cruise was heavy loaded with Pinnacles. They demanded and got free shuttle service  to and from the mall and Disney Springs.   Hopefully someone from the TA will respond with their take on the shuttle, we were on the bus.  happy cruising

Appreciate the reply. Am trying to get confirmation from someone who reported on the shopping shuttle excursion recently.  Didn't sound like it went back and forth (but would be nice).  

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I don't know what route the buses and shuttles from the port take to get to Disney.  Presumably the Beachline expressway. 
If they have to do any portion of the trip on I-4, I know why they would allow 3.5 hours to get back.   That traffic can be a disaster, to put it lightly.

If you are going to go to Disney, PLEASE take transportation arranged by Royal.