LAX to San Pedro and San Pedro back to LAX

sueandkent

Arriving in to LAX one night prior to cruise. I have looked in to the Super Shuttle (shared) and this seems to be a good option. DH has mobility issues so trying to get to an Uber or Lyft stand not really an option. Does anybody know if the shared Super Shuttle just groups you with folks going nearby your destination?
For our post-cruise return to LAX Princess wants $44 each for transfers. Would an Uber from the port be cheaper? Can I book the Super Shuttle from the port to LAX? We will not be in a huge hurry.

Almost anything is cheaper...and better...than the Princess transfer.

Princess will wait until they've filled up a bus with 40+ people...and $44 pp means an $88 ride each way...

The shuttle companies will charge about $17-20 pp for a shared shuttle.  Generally, from LAX to San Pedro the day prior, they may make other stops at other terminals to pick up others arriving on different flights...and they may make stops at other hotels or addresses in the same area or direction as your hotel.

The new Uber/Lyft/taxi rules--where you need to take a shuttle to the pick-up area does complicate things a bit...and there's been a number of complaints as they figure it out...But, Uber from the port back to LAX is relatively easy--and direct--and cheap--unless the system is overloaded and they go to surge pricing.  Back in April, we did it post-cruise and it cost only around $30...and our ride was there to pick us up in less than 10 minutes...cheaper and better than the shuttles.  And, returning to LAX, they are still allowed to drop off right at the terminals...

3 hours ago, hallux said:

If you're going from the hotel I don't believe you'll need to get to an "Uber or Lyft stand", they should be able to pick you up at the front door of the hotel shouldn't they?

They can always call they hotel and ask them.😃

On 11/11/2019 at 12:19 AM, sueandkent said:

Arriving in to LAX one night prior to cruise. I have looked in to the Super Shuttle (shared) and this seems to be a good option. DH has mobility issues so trying to get to an Uber or Lyft stand not really an option. Does anybody know if the shared Super Shuttle just groups you with folks going nearby your destination?
For our post-cruise return to LAX Princess wants $44 each for transfers. Would an Uber from the port be cheaper? Can I book the Super Shuttle from the port to LAX? We will not be in a huge hurry.

Suggest you Google and research the new policies related to Uber/Lyft/taxis ... I think shared shuttles (like Super Shuttle) are handled in the same manner ... that is, ride a LAX-it bus to the LAX-it lot for pickup.  I don't know how well that would work if your spouse has mobility issues.  You might check on Uber or Lyft Black Car services ... l think they still pick up curbside at the LAX terminal  outside baggage claim.    

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Suggest you Google and research the new policies related to Uber/Lyft/taxis ... I think shared shuttles (like Super Shuttle) are handled in the same manner ... that is, ride a LAX-it bus to the LAX-it lot for pickup.  I don't know how well that would work if your spouse has mobility issues.  You might check on Uber or Lyft Black Car services ... l think they still pick up curbside at the LAX terminal  outside baggage claim.    

Super shuttle is still door service I spoke with them today.