SHell beach by foot or other option

ccletzgo

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, ccletzgo said:

A bit discouraged when reading about taxi fares.  The fact that we are there until 8pm means no rush to leave a beach after an hour or two but, by foot, is Shell beach my only choice? 

I'm not saying this to be rude but anything and everything is wildly expensive on St Barths-- we took a taxi from the harbor to Hotel Eden Rock the first time we visited and it was about 65 Euro for about a 12 minute ride (lunch there was an even bigger shock). We visited on a Sunday and no one told us that taxis are 50% higher then (as well as after 8pm all days). 

If you are concerned about cost, staying within walking distance of the harbor is going to be your best bet. You wont see some of the great things that make the island wonderful, but you will be able to contain your costs. A good rule of thumb is take the number you would think something would cost at its very highest and just double it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.  Yep we are there sunday too.  We will just take a walk.  I really want to see and take pictures of the big yachts backed into the piers.  We are a boat family and sending those pictures to the fam will be fun..   I look forward to lights of the city at night.  I look forward to the ship lights in the port while tendering.  I'll take it all in.  Thank you again.