Should I tell X about our anniversary during the cruise?

barric

12 minutes ago, barric said:

We are doing Equinox in January 2020 and will be celebrating our 50th anniversary.  Will Celebrity do anything about this?  If so, how should I inform them?

Bill B

We usually cruise on our wedding anniversary as if falls in our holiday period.  We just add the occasion in the "Manage Reservation" section where is says:

ADD-ONS

Celebrations Add Special Occasion Details

They usually give you a Anniversary card, some special discount offers and at dinner, we had a special, (small but yummy), chocolate cake brought out to us.  The waiters also sung "Happy Anniversary".

I believe you can also order flowers etc but at a cost.

Enjoy your cruise.  It's a lovely way to celebrate such an important occasion.

You can order a Special Celebration package, candy, flowers or  make Specialty Dining, photo sitting or Anniv portrait.    All for an.upcharge..

Maybe order room service  breakfast  to start the day!

Let the Cap Club rep know early  on and you might get a special invite or photo op..

5 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

We have never gotten anything but a cake - and I don’t care for cake. So I stopped telling them about birthdays etc. 

Same with us, we always are on a cruise for our anniversary and we don’t like the cake or the fuss, so we don’t mention our anniversary.

• Like 2

An annual November cruise is a given for us in celebration of our anniversary.  This year will be number 15.  We usually note this in the reservation details and sometimes it is recognized and other times it is not.  Like another said, once we received an invite to the helipad for embarkation day departure but I associated that invite with our suite level (RS) and didn't even think about it being tied to our anniversary.  The invitation didn't indicate an occasion.  

The 50th wedding anniversary is so special.  I wouldn't wait around hoping for Celebrity to acknowledge it, because they might not.  Instead, I would make sure you already have something special set up for that day...roses in your stateroom, champagne on ice, reservations at a specialty dining venue, breakfast in bed, etc.  I'll bet you'll be able to come up with something far more meaningful and creative than Celebrity.  I hope you enjoy this wonderful milestone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you are in a non-suite cabin, Celebrity might offer a token acknowledgement or might not unless you specifically pay for something in advance.  Is that what you are looking for or do you want something a lot nicer on your anniversary?  If you are celebrating a special occasion by sailing in a suite then just tell your butler.  If you are in a CS suite or above you can make arrangements in advance with the shore side concierge when they contact you.  Or if you plan specialty dining on the big day- tell the restaurant the day before.  Or  you can also make arrangements with Guest Services when you board for whatever paid celebration you desire.  But I would not count on much of anything for free.  But a token acknowledgement is very nice too.

We were on the Summit this summer and our travel agent had noted in our file that we were celebrating our anniversary. We had reservations at Tuscan that night and they made it very special for us with not only the cake, but a nice card and the waiter and maitre' d fussed over us. I think it's always worth letting them know! No, it's not a huge party, but considering how many people they have on board celebrating birthdays and anniversaries they did a very nice job of making it special.

• Thanks 1

Tell (24 hours prior) whoever is in charge of the dining venue you will be in on your anniversary.   Also tell your room steward.  

Don't expect much and you might be pleasantly surprised by some extra attention.

BTW, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Told Celebrity of my 60th birthday and was invited to a sail a way, received a cake at dinner and received a bottle of wine with a birthday card in our stateroom on on the same day. My wife's birthday basically got the same thing when we traveled. We received the sail a way on the following day which was unexpected. we always tell them about special occasions. We will be doing our wedding anniversary next year while on board the solstice for 58 days.

17 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

They usually give you a Anniversary card, some special discount offers and at dinner, we had a special, (small but yummy), chocolate cake brought out to us.  The waiters also sung "Happy Anniversary".

I believe you can also order flowers etc but at a cost.

Enjoy your cruise.  It's a lovely way to celebrate such an important occasion.

The Equinox did exactly this on our last cruise.  We had dinner first night in Tuscan, was our 30th...it was a nice touch.  

There are people who turn down cake? Mind blown. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

We have celebrated 3 events on Celebrity, a birthday  and 2 anniversaries, on the two anniversaries we purchased a Premium Celebration Package which included a mimosa in room breakfast, decorated cabin door, a towel animal on the bed with rose petals, a bottle of Dom Perignon, a large cake presented to us at dinner in the Tuscan Grille, which we shared with others nearby us at the restaurant, all for $249.00, which in my opinion was very reasonable if you want to make sure you celebrate your special occasion in high style I would highly reccommend this package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I sailed on our 10th Anniversary on a western med cruise and I did let Celebrity know about our anniversary in advance (every time I call customer service they ask if it's a special occasion and I finally had one to disclose).

I hoped that they would acknowledge it - we were in a sky suite on the Reflection, we're elite members and we were dining in Tuscan Grille.  Not only did they not acknowledge it, it was probably the worst meal and service we've ever had on Celebrity.

My husband had bought me an anniversary gift which wiped out much of the disappointment.  After this experience, I will never tell Celebrity again.

One year on an Alaska cruise they came with cake for my wife's birthday....but it was not quite her birthday. We never said anything to anyone but the cake came to our table and the waiter even offered to box it for later since it was already after desert.  No, we enjoyed a bit of cake and then another cake showed up in our cabin later....We gave that one to the family in the cabin next to us.

Last year on a Bermuda cruise it WAS her birthday and we were in Aqua. I mentioned it to the maitre'di and cake and song arrived at the end of dinner.  It was a nice touch. 

In 2020r we are marking our 50th with a cruise to Iceland and Ireland in May and a family cruise to Alaska in July....with the actually anniversary in between so we won't bo asking for cake on either one.... 😉

There will be dozens of people celebrating birthdays and anniversaries on your cruise.  You can indicate on the reservation but it means nothing.  Some people report ship staff going out of their way to make it special, many report simply getting a nice dessert at dinner one night, and quite a few report getting absolutely nothing.  Much probably depends on the individual staff members on your particular cruise, and how busy they are with celebrations and other things on your particular sailing.  Expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if they do something.

We were in a Sky Suite on Connie and mentioned to our butler that the next day was my dw's birthday.  On that day when we returned from our day long excursion the cabin had balloons hanging everywhere and a bottle of bubbly on ice.  Very nice!

Last year we sailed on the Silhouette 6 days after my birthday.   We did not notify Celebrity but when we got to our RS it was covered in streamers and balloons.   This  included the door.   It really took away from the beauty of the suite.   We took the decorations off the door ASAP but left the rest in the cabin for a few days so the Butler did not know we did not appreciate the clutter..    

I was born in late November and often sail during my birthday.    I've received Flowers, Door Decorations and ALWAYS a cake.   One cruise ended up with 4 cakes and had to send some of them back with a gracious thank you. 

We celebrated our 50th anniversary on Eclipse last month. We were greeted on board when we first dinged in with, enjoy your anniversary! We got a lovely bottle of nice champagne from the Hotel Director, flowers & a nice bottle of red wine from the Chief housekeeper, chocolate covered strawberries & a poster & balloons from the concierge, two cakes, one in MDR & one in Murano. We were flabbergasted & very pleased. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 2:20 PM, barric said:

We are doing Equinox in January 2020 and will be celebrating our 50th anniversary.  Will Celebrity do anything about this?  If so, how should I inform them?

Bill B

Hello Bill

We usually get an email about 60:days prior to sailing asking a few questions. Among them is special dates, extra hangars, choice of bottle of alcohol, extra blankets. I am not sure if they do it formal rooms or just because ours is a suite.

Bill