Vegetarian at a luau

EliseL

Hi. We will be going to a luau. I want to see the dancing and husband will love the pig. Wondering what else they serve for food as they really only mention the pig in the descriptions. I’ll go regardless but was just wondering. 

55 minutes ago, EliseL said:

Hi. We will be going to a luau. I want to see the dancing and husband will love the pig. Wondering what else they serve for food as they really only mention the pig in the descriptions. I’ll go regardless but was just wondering. 

Using Maui as an example, google "Old Lahaina Luau menu" and/or "The Feast At Lele menu" for examples - or google other islands/other luaus too.  Luau food is not spectacular, but the meal and show are interesting (albeit expensive).

3 hours ago, EliseL said:

Look up (Google) the website for the specific luau you are going to.  The website will show the menu they serve.  There will be vegetarian items (some more than others). 

17 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Luau food is not spectacular,

As this poster mentioned-- the food isn't even close to the main attraction-- in some cases its very ok so you really aren't missing a lot. You could always pick at the vegetarian items there and get a snack or light meal of your choosing later as well.