Eurodam Mexican Riviera Cruise Nov 2nd to Nov 9th

mcrcruiser

As usual we enjoyed the smiling faces & gracious attendance from our cabin stewards & dining  waiters .  We attended only 2 of the shows  which were very good ;but ,we did see them on our March Koningsdam Southern Caribbean  cruise  .We also saw a very funny comedian  in the main show lounge .

For the first time we had dinner all 3 specialty  restaurants . Pinnacle & Tamarind were above our expectations ,while Canaletto was not over whelming . Being from a Italian family & 5 star Italian restaurant ,Canaletto was unimpressive 

We found the  New York style pizza to be very good &  the Dive in as good as usual , The buffet was disappointing in that there was ysyally only one carving of meat at one time ;but ,the pasta was delicious

Eurodam sparkled  in all her glory & we never saw any areas of rust or upholstery tears .We did miss the flowers on the  dining rom tables & the yum yum man 

Since we have traveled the Mexican riviera cruise many many times we only went ashore in Mazatlan  .Here we bought some Iron wood carved land animals ,2 T shirts & a Yankees baseball cap  .It was hot & humid & those 2 Corona beers at $3 each tasted so good 

Used the gym ,mens lockers & the pool/jacuzzi on this cruise

All in all we had a wonderful cruise to remember . Now we bought 2 each future cruise credits for  B2B  cruises in April 2021 on Koningsdam ,Mexican Riviera followed by Coastal California cruise  .However ,before April 2021 we are booked on the 18 night Koningsdam from San diego ,R/T Hawaii cruise

20 hours ago, leerathje said:

I'm curious, did you feel safe in Mazatlan?

Was on the same cruise. We went to Pancho's in the Golden Zone.

Mazatlan is my favorite port. I've even walked the Blue Line as a solo. Went to the church and then shopping across the street. Took a pulmonia back to the ship. Felt completely safe. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, leerathje said:

Yes ;but ,we stayed in the in port shopping area  .  There we bought things & had 2 coronas .It was hot & humid

Edited by mcrcruiser

On 11/12/2019 at 11:37 PM, leerathje said:

I was also on this cruise with Dobiemom and Mccruiser, and I also felt safe in all three ports.  I did do a ship's excursion in Mazatlan, but in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta I just went off on my own from the ship and did not feel that I was in danger at anytime.  There were quite a few soldiers with their automatic weapons that were quite visible that helped make me feel safe.

1 hour ago, awhcruiser said:

Why wouldn't she/he feel safe?  We live here six months out of the year and have never felt unsafe.

I only brought up Mazatlan as opposed to PV and Cabo as the OP said they only went ashore in Mazatlan.

On a whole, the Canadian government has advised Canadians to exercise a high degree of caution when travelling anywhere in Mexico, which is why I was asking in the first place.  Don't get me wrong, a travel advisory is not going to make me stop going  somewhere, but it will make me inquire.

48 minutes ago, leerathje said:

I will agree that not all of Mexico is safe for travel given what has been happening lately!  Same advisory for Canadians and us Americans. we even drive down here!

I only brought up Mazatlan as opposed to PV and Cabo as the OP said they only went ashore in Mazatlan.

On a whole, the Canadian government has advised Canadians to exercise a high degree of caution when travelling anywhere in Mexico, which is why I was asking in the first place.  Don't get me wrong, a travel advisory is not going to make me stop going  somewhere, but it will make me inquire.

48 minutes ago, leerathje said:

S

20 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Yes ;but ,we stayed in the in port shopping area  .  There we bought things & had 2 coronas .It was hot & humid

Remaining in the port shopping is pretty close to staying on the boat.  That is not really visiting Mazatlan.

igraf

We have sailed to the Mexican riviera so many times & seen & did it all over the years that we simply like watching the ocean from our veranda  & the ship itself . Mazatlan is easy to shop via port shuttle to the in port shopping area  

Hope this answers your inquiry