Signature beverage package $11USD limit question

adelaidefc

Hi,

A really simple question I hope. Does the $11USD limit refer to the on-menu price (i.e. the price listed on very helpful sites such as this https://profcruise.com/holland-america-menus/)?

Or does it refer to the menu price + 15%? ie. I can really only get drinks that are on the menu >$10 because the gratuity brings it above $11?

I'm confused as my cruise confirmation email has the line: includes all beverages priced $11.00USD or lower including service charges

On a similar note, the package was included as perk in the Australian 'summer explorations' promo, but when I manage my booking online I still see the signature beverage package for sale under 'Cruise Actvities'. I booked through a TA for the first time ever and can only trust that I have the package from the confirmation email they sent me from HAL. Is that normal? There seems to be nowhere on the site I can confirm my inclusions or anything else. The site also doesn't include the 'including servicing charges' line on the beverage package description either.

$11.00 on the  Menu price is the upper limit for Signature Beverage Package.  The 15% gratuity has been paid in your package (SBP) price. You can order any drink that is $11.00 or lower on the menu.

Speak with your Travel Agent for clarification.

• Thanks 1

Ask your travel agent for a copy of the HAL booking confirmation as any packages will be shown on it. (well, it is in Europe!).

Don't fret about being able to still book it online as the web offerings are a generic page.  I have a cruise booked with free Signature Beverage Pack, but it is still offered on the personalisation webpage!

Just re-read your post and see you have an email confirmation from HAL, so no worries mate!  Just bring that confirmation with you when you board!

Edited by VMax1700

Thanks once again all for the advice. The HAL confirmation definitely has it on there, and I'll take that with me.

We did have the Explore4 promo, and figured the Internet was nice but not essential (Norwegian fjords with 5 port days and a roaming sim), and $200USD credit each really didn't seem to go far for drinks (the cocktails around $10-12).  And I love the comfort of the cruise being closer to "all-inclusive", so we switched and took the opportunity to request a better room.

Strangely when the agent called HAL even with the better category room the price was dropped about $260AUD (about $180USD), so it was a win all round!