Power of the Blue Pool Towel

Sail2k

7 hours ago, SherieW321 said:

Does this work in "real life" - not just vacation mode? For instance, can I put a blue towel in my chair at work so whenever I need to endure another meeting that should have been an email, I can just throw my magic blue towel down and I'll be excused? How far does this magic extend? That is worth it's weight in gold!

This might revive the DS fans😱

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

No need to even get towels from pool attendant on Oasis,  just grab them up on 17

I think on Allure they were on the loungers also or was that Oasis?  On Ovation we also just grabbed them from the suite sun area above the bumper cars. 

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

I think on Allure they were on the loungers also or was that Oasis?  On Ovation we also just grabbed them from the suite sun area above the bumper cars. 

I don't recall Allure. Symphony made us check out towels if we were on 15. But there were plenty on 17.

You can also get towels in the spa.  

Edited by John&LaLa

10 hours ago, frank808 said:

On some ships.  Just off Liberty and suites get scanned for the pool towels.  Did not scan on Oasis and Ovation for towels.  

Really

Consistently 

Inconsistent 

Yup, RCI for sure!  😄  

At least for now anyway, it's nice to pick up a towel without the 25.00 leash on it...on the suites deck of Oasis class.  

On our last cruise, I got a bit miffed at seeing this - also got a bit tipsy and decided to snatch 3 or 4 towels from "reserved" seats and just threw them into the dirty towel bin telling the guy I found them lying about unattended.

• Like 5

On 11/12/2019 at 6:38 AM, Sail2k said:

...a blue towel held spots for everyone!! 

There are the Blues Brothers

And the song Blue Moon

Blue Man Group and Moody Blues

And a Folsom Prison tune

The blue whale appears port side

Breaching the blue ocean calm

Blue eyed lady in the morning

And a blue curacao in her palm

And then.....

The blue towel curses the deck

A sudden blur of blue motion

Sonic Hedgehog on each chair

And a wicked blue potion

Blue balls of fury finding a chair

Blue blistering barnacle nightmare

What sayeth you to this condition?

Is it permitted?  Is it FAIR!?

“We’re on a mission from God”

“You say me standing alone”

Like “(K)nights in white satin”

“Blow my blues away!”

• Like 4

Little off topic, but I should have taken photo of the suites pool seating on Liberty.  On the second week of b2b with 2 sea days going south, both sides of suites reserved seating section had towels on the chairs "reserving" them.  This was the first 2 sea days going south bound.  Walked to windjammer for breakfast and then at 4pm going to lounge, the chairs had the same towels still on them. The previous week there was no chair hogging in the suites section.  Find that amazing that there would be chair hogs in the reserved section also. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes i have experienced towels in the "reserved area"  And I sat my butt down on them. Used the padded seat til my hearts content. Never saw any one. I was one of those children, always testing the boundaries. 

Well i can only hope that who ever placed the towels on said seat wiped their sweaty brow with the towel. Cause i fluffed it with extra special gas. 

• Like 1

Sometimes a bottle of lotion or sunblock will work also....maybe even a magazine from the early 90's...

I need to find someone on Harmony of the Seas Thanksgiving week so they can put a few towels down before I board on the 1st of December...just need 6 on the pool deck, by the beach pool, 6 in Aqua Theater...maybe 6 in the theater and a couple on the promenade.  I can handle the rest I think. 

I will be happy to pay whoever can do this for me with diamond plus republic credits, which are good for 4 free front of the line passes at customer service. 

LOL!  No, I don't believe in going on vacation just so I can get up as early as if I was going to work just to hog a chair.  I could save money by staying home if I want to set an alarm to get up early and get stressed out about stupid stuff!🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knighton said:

LOL!  No, I don't believe in going on vacation just so I can get up as early as if I was going to work just to hog a chair.  I could save money by staying home if I want to set an alarm to get up early and get stressed out about stupid stuff!🤣

Thanks for the clarification. 👍