status acquired by living together

My sons girlfriend became diamond when they moved in together. She has only been on two cruises so I was under the assumption that she would be diamond but only have the points for the actual nights she has cruised which would be 14. For some reason my husband got an email today, with her info, and she has 114 points. Is that right?

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

My sons girlfriend became diamond when they moved in together. She has only been on two cruises so I was under the assumption that she would be diamond but only have the points for the actual nights she has cruised which would be 14. For some reason my husband got an email today, with her info, and she has 114 points. Is that right?

Whenever two people are linked, the number of points displayed is based on which person has the highest number of points. 

Once they are unlinked, the displayed points will revert to the actual number of points that person has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

No. A C&A member can be added to the relationship in the same household and receive the equivalent tier level. Cruise points will remain according to actual cruises taken. She will not receive your sons cruise points. Currently she will be diamond with 14 cruise points. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

No. A C&A member can be added to the relationship in the same household and receive the equivalent tier level. Cruise points will remain according to actual cruises taken. She will not receive your sons cruise points. She will be diamond by default with 14 cruise points. 

Maybe read the other responses.

She will have 114 points, as that is what he has.  Until they are unlinked, THEN she will only have 14 points.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Unless the son unlinks her from his account.

Royal does not "demote" people when they unlink.  They revert back to their number of points but keep the C&A level they had.  So someone could be Diamond level with 10 points, but in order to get to Diamond Plus, they would have to work up from the 10 point level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What about a new husband that has never cruised before.  I was married for 25 years and lost my husband.  I am getting remarried and my new guy is brand new to cruising.  I would hate to not be able to share time in the lounges with him, as I have done with my husband in the past.I know people don't technically get any status until after their first cruise.

• Like 1

Just now, TXHappyCruiser said:

What about a new husband that has never cruised before.  I was married for 25 years and lost my husband.  I am getting remarried and my new guy is brand new to cruising.  I would hate to not be able to share time in the lounges with him, as I have done with my husband in the past.I know people don't technically get any status until after their first cruise.

Contact C&A and ask to link to your new "significant other".

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Maybe read the other responses.

She will have 114 points, as that is what he has.  Until they are unlinked, THEN she will only have 14 points.

Thanks for the correction. And I didn't even crawl in a cave. 😜

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TXHappyCruiser said:

This is 100% me.  Widowed years ago, met someone and after some time, decided to link us.  Now he's my status.  If we're ever "unlinked" in life, I can C&A unlink him too.  Literally just finished setting this up like 2 weeks ago so we'd be the same for our 12/1 sailing.  BTW... sorry you lost your person.  It sucks.  A lot.

Edited by LESLIEKURZ
Missed a word
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

that was on my online profile "C&A points / status". Was looking for minimum of Platinum and maximum of Emerald status   

Didn't I see you on Tinder under "Looking for Pinnacle for short term, move-in relationship"?

• Like 8
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

that was on my online profile "C&A points / status". Was looking for minimum of Platinum and maximum of Emerald status   

So I can not to be the first to officially announce I am looking for a Pinnacle level C&A member willing to allow my wife and I to link to their account.   What we offer:

Pay for half their cruise fare on cruises which I am on too (Balcony or below / Provided I get the Pinnacle Member Discount).  Dog or Cat sit for free when I am not on their cruise, Give them any drink credits (I don't drink, sorry you can't have my wife's), hand over my upgraded bathroom amenities, and hand over any Pinnacle Gifts or give the money I get selling them on Ebay.  If they need, they could also stuff things in my one bag of laundry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Domino D said:

So I can not to be the first to officially announce I am looking for a Pinnacle level C&A member willing to allow my wife and I to link to their account.   ...

You can only link one significant other and only significant other linkages will confer Pinnancle level.  Children linkages are limited to Diamond Plus level.

So one of you would have to link with a Pinnacle,then unlink, then link with the other.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

You can only link one significant other and only significant other linkages will confer Pinnancle level.  Children linkages are limited to Diamond Plus level.

So one of you would have to link with a Pinnacle,then unlink, then link with the other.

Thank you, as always Bob.  I will adjust my plan accordingly.

• Haha 1

My wife and I were born in 1957 and 1956, respectively. But we are still only 10 and 11 years old. We are both orphaned, and we think we would be perfect for some D+ couple to adopt. We promise to behave and not sneak out too often.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Unless the son unlinks her from his account.

Incorrect.

She will still keep the Diamond status.  And if she finds a new boyfriend and moves in with him, HE can become Diamond without cruising.  And so forth.

A BIG hole in the system.

• Like 3