Choosing Cabin Online

15 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

I see  when booking online you can now select your cabin and not before time

Apologies if this is not a new thing but its the first of me noticing

At which stage? I've never seen that option and I booked only a week ago.

Just noticed it today when checking a cruise and stay.After you select hotel,next page select cruise option,then continue,then choose your cabin/deck,then continue.Your then met with reserve your cabin with the option of Let us choose “Free” or You Choose +£50.Once you select that you are taken to deck plan and click on which cabin you want or is available

12 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

I see  when booking online you can now select your cabin and not before time

Apologies if this is not a new thing but its the first of me noticing

Hi jim i to noticed yesterday that booking cabins on line have come into the equation of online booking, i might be old fashioned but still like sitting with the staff at my local TUI travel shop and speak to a person and not my laptop, they said they would waiver any excess and give me the price of booking on line, plus the big factor if it keeps the shop open and the girls in a job i will continue to use this way of booking my holiday, just me.

Hi SS

Yep,i,m one of the old fashioned also.Have never booked a cruise/TUI holiday online

We visit our local Independent TA for that and for the majority of our hols.Not only does it keep the shop open and the staff in a job but we get better deals/prices and been going for that long now we have become friends with the staff.

Great idea to be able to see the cabins available. It’s a pity you can’t change your cabin choice online once you have booked it. It would also be good to see what seats are available on the aircraft.  We paid to upgrade over the phone only to find best seats had been taken!

Yep,only if you opt for premium do you get access to booking seats at time of booking and access to seating plan.However,although you see seating plan for the whole aircraft it will only show what seast are a available in premium,not economy

I sugar,guessing you didnt ask when you phoned to upgrade what seats were available.?I have previously and they were quite happy to tell me before paying

Edited by Jim The Scot

3 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Yep,only if you opt for premium do you get access to booking seats at time of booking and access to seating plan.However,although you see seating plan for the whole aircraft it will only show what seast are a available in premium,not economy

I sugar,guessing you didnt ask when you phoned to upgrade what seats were available.?I have previously and they were quite happy to tell me before paying

I did ask before I paid to upgrade and was told they could only tell me that there were seats available. Probably to ensure I booked them! It would be a good idea to be able to see what’s available on line before you decide. The same new system that’s been made to choose your cabin!

38 minutes ago, I Sugar said:

I did ask before I paid to upgrade and was told they could only tell me that there were seats available. Probably to ensure I booked them! It would be a good idea to be able to see what’s available on line before you decide. The same new system that’s been made to choose your cabin!

Kinda the usual when its a call centre I suppose,depends who takes your call but as you say reason for not telling you is to ensure you book them

I agree,it would be good to be able to see PE seats on line before you decide

TUI/Marella are a slow burner.It took them long enough to actually get round to putting pre booked cabin on any booking paperwork.Its now taken years for them to offer cabin choice on line

Edited by Jim The Scot

1 hour ago, suekay said:

Thanks to Jim the Scot for posting this info. I just did a dummy booking on the cruise we've booked and saw that 8086 was now available, so I called Marella and changed to that cabin. Feeling very happy😁

Nice one suekay

This is what this forum is all about,sharing info and helping fellow cruise critics

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

Suekay - did they allow you to change without any charge?

Yes, the rep just checked the cabin was available for both cruises then changed our cabin number without charge.  A confirmatory email followed very quickly.  I was half expecting a further charge so was happy with the result