Dream refurbishment

Marella Dream is due out for refurbishment Jan/Feb/Mar and it seems likely she'll be sticking around longer than the Celebration. 

Last thing I've read from tui was several months ago stating that they had draft plans for the refit but nothing concrete - does anyone know any more? 

9 hours ago, mart901 said:

Marella Dream is due out for refurbishment Jan/Feb/Mar and it seems likely she'll be sticking around longer than the Celebration. 

Last thing I've read from tui was several months ago stating that they had draft plans for the refit but nothing concrete - does anyone know any more? 

Hi Mart your guess is as good as mine three months for a refit is a long time, unless she is under supervision from another party to come out of dock with a new hair do i don,t know, she has already been stretched, balconies to deck seven, might be to low to the water line, have had three cruise on the old girl, if it ain,t broke don,t fix it

Dont think its actually getting a refit as such ,most of what ive heard points towards mechanical work ,any serious amount of engine work can take a while ,even possibly related to the new fuel regs , her engines are probably two stroke designed for HFO so maybe some upgrade in the injection department to work better with the lower viscosity fuels ,but thats pure speculation.

30 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Probably a general overhaul, electrics and plumbing, rectify wear & tear, bit of decorating, engine servicing, barnacle blasting and so on. We all need it sometime lol😝

True,but the barnacle blasting would get me worried.

• Haha 1

Thing about Dream lifts is people keep pressing the lights to call the lift. I might be the only person who knows this!

the best lifts are on Explorer/Ex2 speedy and they don't let you press the floor button if the lift is going the other way, this confuses people no end.

Edited by davecttr

Not so much of a problem getting the lift,its where it goes once you get in 😂

We tended to use the lifts away from the main stairwells which were no problem ,they were quick and got us to where we wanted to go 😉

Have a good one V

Edited by Jim The Scot

15 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

We tended to use the lifts away from the main stairwells which were no problem ,they were quick and got us to where we wanted to go 😉

Hi Jim, at this moment in time!! we have never used the lifts. maybe later in life 🤸‍♂️