Toilet paper holders

MogeyMan

And trust me, I feel ridiculous posting this, but it seems to be they've been installed wrong. That is, when you go to yank some TP off the roll, too often the entire roll flies off the holder and rolls down the bathroom floor. I mean, I learned pretty quickly to hold on to it, but it wasn't just in our room, but in the public bathrooms as well. It seems that if the holder were turned around, the act of pulling off paper wouldn't spin the whole roll off the holder. Am I just crazy or has anyone else noticed this???

Most recent - 7 day Eurodam, Signature Suite. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

And trust me, I feel ridiculous posting this, but it seems to be they've been installed wrong. That is, when you go to yank some TP off the roll, too often the entire roll flies off the holder and rolls down the bathroom floor. I mean, I learned pretty quickly to hold on to it, but it wasn't just in our room, but in the public bathrooms as well. It seems that if the holder were turned around, the act of pulling off paper wouldn't spin the whole roll off the holder. Am I just crazy or has anyone else noticed this???

Most recent - 7 day Eurodam, Signature Suite. 

Just home from NS trip.  You are absolutely correct.  By having the "opening" on the holder toward you instead of away, the paper roll came off quite easily.  Another instance of design/installation without actually testing it to see if there were any glitches.

1 hour ago, knittinggirl said:

Happens almost every cruise.  About halfway through the  cruise, I get frustrated with it, and remove the TP roll from the rod and place it on the shelf where it remains the rest of the cruise.

We don't even wait that long --- usually do it the 1st time somebody uses the bathroom.

Haven't had that specific problem but my personal beef with the TP Holder is its placement:  I find it impossible to wash my face at the sink without getting the TP roll wet.  I try to be careful, but it is hard. Tight quarters and all, yet this is annoying!  A few ships/cabin categories do not have this poor placement, but a lot do.

1 hour ago, tuolumne couple said:

..it rolled off the table, and then on to the floor and then my poor T.P. rolled right out the door.....

Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on fallin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the ocean
Rollin', rollin', rollin' on the ocean

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

I'd planned to purchase Charmin on our next cruise, but someone on these boards told me not to, because the ship's plumbing system can't handle Charmin.    The junk we got was horrible, scratchy and irritating.

Not true.  They would prefer you use the provided toilet paper, but, according to @chengkp75 any TP will do.

32 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

I'd planned to purchase Charmin on our next cruise, but someone on these boards told me not to, because the ship's plumbing system can't handle Charmin.    The junk we got was horrible, scratchy and irritating.

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Not true.  They would prefer you use the provided toilet paper, but, according to @chengkp75 any TP will do.

Doesn't it need to be "septic-system safe"?  Or is that just marketing?  Maybe it's just on the older ships?

Been doing this job for many, many years (back to OP), but never scared the TP off the holder!

Edited by 0bnxshs