LAX Airport & UBER

trbarton

We’ve always taken Uber to and from LAX. Last time was September of this year. Price is usually $26-38 each way depending on traffic. 

It has always gone smoothly although sometimes finding the Uber at the port when disembarking can be a chore due to the number of people also looking for their Uber’s. 

13 hours ago, Elitein85days said:

We’ve always taken Uber to and from LAX. Last time was September of this year. Price is usually $26-38 each way depending on traffic. It has always gone smoothly although sometimes finding the Uber at the port when disembarking can be a chore due to the number of people also looking for their Uber’s. 

Elitein85days, LAX instituted a new rideshare/taxi system on Oct 29, 2019. No more pick up at the terminal. You now have to go to a staging area next to Terminal 1. LAX is providing shuttle buses (LAX-it) to the staging area. The first few days were a real cluster. I have not heard in the last week or used it yet. LAX is my airport of last choice locally so I won't be there anytime soon.

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Good article.  Has anyone on CC actually used UBER/Lift & what was your experience from LAX?

I haven't used Uber or Lyft since the new system started. No plans to use LAX the rest of the year. This is just one more reason to avoid LAX if possible. For people flying domestically I'd check SNA, LGB, BUR and even ONT before LAX. PSP and SAN may work too in special circumstances.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, trbarton said:

Sorry to be a cynic, but that USA Today article smelled like a planted puff piece to me.

• Like 1