Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

shel003;  the medallion app can get buggy.  I have filled out everything in the app and it worked;  another time I filled it out and it didn't.  My current estimate is 60-90 days prior.  Some people will say you can't fill in the app until after final pmt.  However, others say they have filled it out and it worked prior to final pmt.  So my current answer to you;  wait until this summer; like May-Jun and try again.  

Thank you! I figured it was something like that.

• Like 1

I am on Sky Princess 11-20-2021 and I can enter all of the information in the app except for the part where you order accessories. That is the next step after you input the shipping address for the Medallions. I was able to input everything else. 

jjr718;  I think you are good to go.  Once you reach 90 days out and make final pmt; you should be able to complete the entire registration process in the app and your medallions will be shipped to you.

2 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Others have said in this thread that the drinks ordered in the public areas will count as part of the drink package.  If that is so, what about ones ordered to be delivered to the stateroom?  Is there a difference when using the app?

Your stateroom isn't a PUBLIC area, is it? 😁 I think if you order to your stateroom, it will be room service. ☹️

Edited by 2 cruises a year

25 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Your stateroom isn't a PUBLIC area, is it? 😁 I think if you order to your stateroom, it will be room service. ☹️

I think you are correct.  Much of the propaganda from Princess talks about being able to order food anywhere on the ship from a limited menu.  I am just curious if that menu is the same everywhere (including the stateroom).  Since it would seem there would be much confusion about a different cost using the app depending on where you are standing, I thought maybe the rules have changed.

17 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Others have said in this thread that the drinks ordered in the public areas will count as part of the drink package.  If that is so, what about ones ordered to be delivered to the stateroom?  Is there a difference when using the app?

The drink package has never included anything delivered to your cabin. That has always come under Room Service.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

Agreed.  So, is the room service/delivery menu on the phone change based on location?

I don't think room service is available anywhere but in your cabin. I don't believe one can order from the room service menu and have it delivered elsewhere. I could be wrong - I've never really thought about it. However, that is my "assumption". Room Service is for in your Room. It doesn't matter where your cabin is located - the food costs the same and there is no "delivery fee". One can add a tip if desired but it isn't required. The Room Service menu includes certain beers and also some bottles of wine and (a very poor) selection of (375ml) bottles of liquor. It doesn't include mixed drinks.

Edited by Thrak

1 hour ago, Barry ATL said:

Agreed.  So, is the room service/delivery menu on the phone change based on location?

Interesting question.

I do think there is some food that can be ordered on the Medallion app now....we only had it on one trip and all we tried it on was drinks. I wonder if the food option is new....but it is a good question as if you are on the 6th level or the 15th level it would seem to make a difference what food would be available.

I have seen that on the videos that they are having food delivered. Maybe it either lists different items or tells you which ones are available depending on where you are.....

7 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Interesting question.

I do think there is some food that can be ordered on the Medallion app now....we only had it on one trip and all we tried it on was drinks. I wonder if the food option is new....but it is a good question as if you are on the 6th level or the 15th level it would seem to make a difference what food would be available.

I have seen that on the videos that they are having food delivered. Maybe it either lists different items or tells you which ones are available depending on where you are.....

To add to this....

If you go to post #625 in this thread, there is a video of 'latest' updates to the app.

Around the 10 minutes or so in, it shows ordering a drink. Although it's not showing food, it does identify the bar locations that drinks can be ordered from, so my guess is, with food, it would be the same thing. You would pick the location....which it would tell you which to select from and then you would pick food available from that location.

This has been enhanced since we were on.....I think we just had a limited selection of drinks that could come from any bar.

Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2021 at 3:56 AM, dreaminofcruisin said:

To add to this....

If you go to post #625 in this thread, there is a video of 'latest' updates to the app.

Around the 10 minutes or so in, it shows ordering a drink. Although it's not showing food, it does identify the bar locations that drinks can be ordered from, so my guess is, with food, it would be the same thing. You would pick the location....which it would tell you which to select from and then you would pick food available from that location.

This has been enhanced since we were on.....I think we just had a limited selection of drinks that could come from any bar.

Interesting.

I apologise if this has been asked before, but if you both have the drinks package, how can one person order two drinks, one for himself and one for his partner? For example,  if my wife is getting ready for the evening, how do I go to a bar to order two drinks to take back to the cabin? Do I have to take her medallion as well as my own? 

Edited by wowzz

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I apologise if this has been asked before, but if you both have the drinks package, how can one person order two drinks, one for himself and one for his partner? For example,  if my wife is getting ready for the evening, how do I go to a bar to order two drinks to take back to the cabin? Do I have to take her medallion as well as my own? 

Pre-covid answer - yes, at least until you have a 'regular' bartender that you have slid a $$ to

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Pre-covid answer - yes, at least until you have a 'regular' bartender that you have slid a $$ to

I've had bartenders who would have simply charged the second drink to my wife's drink package. We don't drink the same things and they trusted me. Of course it was on fairly long cruises - 28 days and 19 days - and the bartenders had time to get to know us a bit. I've never had to bribe a bartender to receive excellent service. If I do tip a server at all during the regular course of a cruise (not at the end) I only tip $1. Of course I did manage to go through a fairly large number of $1 bills on one cruise... (Everything was paid for and we had an "extra" $800 in OBC.)

Guest zafra63
On 11/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, jangor said:

Ok, so I downloaded app on my iPhone and entered all the info for my husband and I.  After a few hiccups all is well.  Here are my questions:  1.  can both of us be checked in using my phone?  2.  If my husband wants to locate me or order a drink, must he have the app on his phone and, if yes, will all previous info have to be reentered onto his phone?  Thank you all.

Love to know this as well. Thanks for posting

Guest zafra63
On 11/24/2019 at 5:38 AM, zonkerstl said:

I am, also, interested in the answers to your questions.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

I am interested as well 

"Ok, so I downloaded app on my iPhone and entered all the info for my husband and I.  After a few hiccups all is well.  Here are my questions:  1.  can both of us be checked in using my phone?  2.  If my husband wants to locate me or order a drink, must he have the app on his phone and, if yes, will all previous info have to be reentered onto his phone?  Thank you all."

1. The phone app is not required for check in. If you complete all the information on the app in the U.S. the medallion is sent to your home. When not sent you just go to check in show your boarding pass and they provide you with the medallion. This is how it was handled for us.

2. It is best to load the app. on each device. It provides all the information you require, locations, internet access, schedules and more. If you want to order a drink you don't need a phone, just ask a waiter, really simple. There are large screens around the ship which allow you to locate designated friends, look up schedules and more. No phone required.

Personally I leave my phone in the cabin safe, only travel with the medallion. Did not have any problems.

Guest zafra63
On 1/28/2021 at 5:06 PM, Lucky TGO said:
On 1/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, zafra63 said:

I am interested as well

Delete.

Where did the word “ delete” come from. Was not in my original post. I am still very interested in this topic. Thanks

to piggyback on skynights post above your spouse can find you with the medallion app or using the touchscreens by the elevators.  I was sitting in crooners bar watching a jazz band; and next thing I know my wife is standing next to me.  She said she found me by typing my name into screen and it told her where I was and the route to get to the bar.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

to piggyback on skynights post above your spouse can find you with the medallion app or using the touchscreens by the elevators.  I was sitting in crooners bar watching a jazz band; and next thing I know my wife is standing next to me.  She said she found me by typing my name into screen and it told her where I was and the route to get to the bar.  

One of my favorite medallion features is the ability to locate my DH anywhere on the ship. I used the big screen. 

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

One of my favorite medallion features is the ability to locate my DH anywhere on the ship. I used the big screen. 

It would be a good thing unless the husband is with someone other than his wife. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1