Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

Is a signature required when the medallions are delivered by Fedex? I had a tracking number indicating that delivery was supposed to be yesterday. When I view the tracking today it says delivery was attempted at 5:07 pm but “Customer not available or business closed.” We were home and our dog always alerts us when someone is at the door. So I figure they went to the wrong address, which has happened before. (Drivers use GPS instead of looking at the house number on mailbox and front door.)

13 hours ago, camper49 said:

No luck so far...I keep getting the message “our servers are having problems..

Do you have the MedallionClass app downloaded yet?  Make sure you are using that and not the stand alone version of Ocean Ready.  You may have better luck trying early in the morning since you are in Maine.

No matter what, don't worry - getting "Ocean Ready" is only meant to save you time at the terminal bypassing the check in counter.  If you don't have the Ocean Ready completed in time for the cruise, you would just need to go through the check in process like you always did before.  (Just make sure you bring all of your required paperwork.)

Edited by Daniel A

I just downloaded the MedallionClass app and everything went well and I signed out.  My problem is, every time I try to retrieve my emails, the MedallionClass log-in page appears and it freezes my screen and I can't access anything  --- I have to totally reboot my phone to get rid of it.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I have an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy older version.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Italy52 said:

I just downloaded the MedallionClass app and everything went well and I signed out.  My problem is, every time I try to retrieve my emails, the MedallionClass log-in page appears and it freezes my screen and I can't access anything  --- I have to totally reboot my phone to get rid of it.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I have an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy older version.

What version is your Samsung Galaxy?

6 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I have a Galaxy S6.  Never had a problem with the Ocean Ready app on my phone just the new Medallion Class app.

We have a Galaxy S6 also & couldn't  even get the Medallion Class app loaded on the phone. 

I'm surprised you could get that far. 

Very irritating and I'm certainly not going to buy a new phone just to use their app. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We have a Galaxy S6 also & couldn't  even get the Medallion Class app loaded on the phone. 

I'm surprised you could get that far. 

Very irritating and I'm certainly not going to buy a new phone just to use their app. 

I had a problem at first.  I deleted the Ocean Ready app that I had on the phone and then went into Google Play, typed in Medallion Class and saw the new app.  I downloaded the app.  When the "Welcome to Princess Medallion Class" page opened, I went to the "Quick Access" with Booking number button and then put in my booking number.  I had already uploaded all my information into the Personalizer and previously used the Medallion on another cruise so my passport/picture was already scanned into the system (I just needed to verify my passport was still valid).  Everything appears to be working for me --- I just can't get out of the app even though I sign out.  Ugh!

We have set up our Medallion and on both of our phones the 2 of us appear. Yet under my name I get a profile incomplete. It is asking for email and password. When I try ours it says it is already being used by the second name in the room.

We share the same info.

Does that info have to be different? We are in the same room and will use the same Billing Info.

What if I ignore that?

10 minutes ago, CactusRoot said:

We have set up our Medallion and on both of our phones the 2 of us appear. Yet under my name I get a profile incomplete. It is asking for email and password. When I try ours it says it is already being used by the second name in the room.

We share the same info.

Does that info have to be different? We are in the same room and will use the same Billing Info.

What if I ignore that?

That, I am not sure of.  I only set up the Medallion on one phone.  I am not really tech savy so once on board, my phone goes into the safe until we hit a port and I take it on shore.  We are old school and use our free internet minutes in the internet cafe and don't rely on our phones or other electronics.  You might want to call Princess and ask for tech support to answer your question.  Or, perhaps some kind person on this board will come to your rescue.  I can tell you that once on board there were tech people answering questions left and right.  Sorry I could not be of help -- good luck.

18 minutes ago, CactusRoot said:

We share the same info.

What if I ignore that?

It didn't make any different to us. We just didn't have access to any additional features which we don't need anyway.

It worked for the door though and access on & off the ship.  

The only thing I would have liked is to have the medallions mailed to me so I didn't have to wait on the line to get ours. Without the medallion app they won't mail them. 

20 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It didn't make any different to us. We just didn't have access to any additional features which we don't need anyway.

It worked for the door though and access on & off the ship.  

The only thing I would have liked is to have the medallions mailed to me so I didn't have to wait on the line to get ours. Without the medallion app they won't mail them. 

I ordered my medallion back in October for our February cruise -- I did it under the old app.  I was looking at the confirmation for the medallions and it has a contact number 1-844-525-0942.  I wonder if you could call the number and ask for your medallions to be mailed to you instead of picking them up at the port???

1 minute ago, CactusRoot said:

Thanks, We just called Princess and they said it doesn't matter if I have an incomplete profile and that everything is set to go.

We just ordered our Medallion. So hope to have before the sailing in January.

Glad it all worked out. 

Medallion Public Photo

First we didn't like the idea of our pic just popping up anywhere on ship for the public. But an option to do something fun with Avatar's or Images was listed and I thought that sounds fun. If everyone had this fun option there could be all kinds of images popping up. Animals, Dolls, Cartoons, pets or more.

This will be our first time to experience Medallion. 

Will public profile really be in various places on the ship?

18 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I ordered my medallion back in October for our February cruise -- I did it under the old app.  I was looking at the confirmation for the medallions and it has a contact number 1-844-525-0942.  I wonder if you could call the number and ask for your medallions to be mailed to you instead of picking them up at the port???

Nope. I called & they told me that you have to use the app to have them mailed.

It sounds strange as some of the crowd don't even have a smartphone or even a cell phone today. ☎️

One good thing is as time moves on the line at the check-in desk will be getting shorter & shorter. 😉

44 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

Is there any way to know if Princess has mailed your medallions?  I'm "Ocean Ready" and I leave in a couple of weeks.  When should I expect to receive them?  Who should I contact if I do not receive them?

Princess will email you with a tracking number about 17 days before the cruise. My medallions arrived by Fedex 15 days before the cruise.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:09 AM, Daniel A said:

No matter what, don't worry - getting "Ocean Ready" is only meant to save you time at the terminal bypassing the check in counter.  If you don't have the Ocean Ready completed in time for the cruise, you would just need to go through the check in process like you always did before.  (Just make sure you bring all of your required paperwork.)

Make sure you have your required paperwork regardless 🙂 even being fully ocean ready they still have to verify your physical passport.

Having said that it's not a huge deal either way.  Couple minutes, max.  Maybe some cumulative effect by avoiding line build-ups as well. As a passenger not a huge deal.  I can see from the cruise line perspective though if they can save a couple minutes times however many thousands of passengers per year it's certainly significant.

• Like 1

Does anyone know a simple and lightweight means of wearing the medallion (but not the plastic holder) on a lanyard? I've bought the pendant accessory but the chain is a problem there, as well as the holder on Amazon, which I consider too bulky.

40 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

Does anyone know a simple and lightweight means of wearing the medallion (but not the plastic holder) on a lanyard? I've bought the pendant accessory but the chain is a problem there, as well as the holder on Amazon, which I consider too bulky.

I just bought one of the wristbands so I wear it just like a watch. I dislike lanyards as well. Very easy to use and the band cost $12 on board. Others have bought similar items from Ebay/Amazon for a few bucks less.

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

I just bought one of the wristbands so I wear it just like a watch. I dislike lanyards as well. Very easy to use and the band cost $12 on board. Others have bought similar items from Ebay/Amazon for a few bucks less.

Thanks, but I'm hoping for the lanyard. Each to their own.

4 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

Does anyone know a simple and lightweight means of wearing the medallion (but not the plastic holder) on a lanyard? I

If I get time, I plan to make lanyards for some in our group -- lightweight out of fabric.  (I make and sell at crafts fairs.)  I assume that the Medallions have a loop for attaching a clip finding, as they do attach to the Princess lanyards.  I'll have to look more closely at one of the photos on these threads.

5 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

How about a softer plastic ID holder designed for lanyards?  Lots of choices here on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=plastic+id+holder+for+lanyard&crid=K24SCF5WRQPS&sprefix=plastic+id+holdedr+for%2Caps%2C188&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_22

On 12/23/2019 at 12:36 PM, CactusRoot said:

We share the same info.

What if I ignore that?

That happened to us as well. The wife just used her own e-mail address on her phone and made her own password and it worked fine.