Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

5 hours ago, ecs66 said:

If I get time, I plan to make lanyards for some in our group -- lightweight out of fabric.  (I make and sell at crafts fairs.)  I assume that the Medallions have a loop for attaching a clip finding, as they do attach to the Princess lanyards.  I'll have to look more closely at one of the photos on these threads.

Here you go, I always remove the insert, I think it looks better that way. Hopefully you can see the clip

IMG_20191227_151402.jpg

On 12/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, triple7tahoe said:

This was asked but not answered very early in this blog. I just booked the cruise following the one we will be taking in January. I have the medallion part all set up for the first cruise; now that I have booked the second cruise, making it B2B cruises, I am being told that I will change cabins at midpoint. Will I be getting a different set of medallions and do I set both up on my phone at the same time?   TIA

I finally called Princess to get a response- I was told that you cannot have both on the app at the same time. It seems that you have to finish one cruise before you can put the next cruise on the app. Not really sure how that will work but at least I will be aboard the ship and can get a cruise card to get back on. Sounds interesting 🙂

51 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

I received my medallion for a CB January cruise on the 26th. The shipping notification came this morning.

I just want to make sure I understand your post correctly.  Are you saying you received your medallion for a January cruise on December 26 but your shipping notification arrived 2 days later or are you saying you got your Medallion for a cruise scheduled for January 26? 

I'm not nit picking, I have Medallions for a Feb 2 cruise being sent to an address that I won't be at until about ten days from now.  I had that set up because I read that Princess ships the medallions about 2 weeks before your cruise.

24 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just want to make sure I understand your post correctly.  Are you saying you received your medallion for a January cruise on December 26 but your shipping notification arrived 2 days later or are you saying you got your Medallion for a cruise scheduled for January 26? 

I'm not nit picking, I have Medallions for a Feb 2 cruise being sent to an address that I won't be at until about ten days from now.  I had that set up because I read that Princess ships the medallions about 2 weeks before your cruise.

Medallion received 12/26. Email received 12/'28. Sailing is 1/13.

Edited by Wehwalt

Anyone having current problems setting up Ocean Ready for an upcoming cruise?  "Travel Documents" section will not complete, circle will not turn green and has an orange circle with an asterisk inside.  Contacted Princess Ocean Ready yesterday and a customer service rep. indicated they were having issues with the App.  Their IT was working on it and should be corrected this AM.  Checked again this morning and issue still exists.

2 minutes ago, C-LAD said:

Anyone having current problems setting up Ocean Ready for an upcoming cruise?  "Travel Documents" section will not complete, circle will not turn green and has an orange circle with an asterisk inside.  Contacted Princess Ocean Ready yesterday and a customer service rep. indicated they were having issues with the App.  Their IT was working on it and should be corrected this AM.  Checked again this morning and issue still exists.

I've had problems in the past getting it to work properly and lately it won't even download any longer for my vintage of phone.

I've given up & we'll get our Medallions at the port. 

47 minutes ago, C-LAD said:

I have found that on occasion, the app showed an orange circle even after it was previously green.  I checked back again after a few weeks and it was green again.  Has happened 2 or 3 times to me.  Now everything is green!  Is there a green checkmark next to your photo at the top of the screen?

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I have found that on occasion, the app showed an orange circle even after it was previously green.  I checked back again after a few weeks and it was green again.  Has happened 2 or 3 times to me.  Now everything is green!  Is there a green checkmark next to your photo at the top of the screen?

No, both photos (mine & my wife's) both have a section of a circle around them in orange (the rest is green) along with a small orange circle with an asterisk.  This program is not new - you would think Princess would have solved all the bugs! 

10 hours ago, C-LAD said:

Had same issue.... played around and on “documents page “ hit first light blue line under passport info... took me to another page where I just hit passport arrow then another page to confirm passport info.... all green now... good luck, because calls to princess did not help!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, twodaywonder said:

Set the bottom of it inside of the front one and press the top and then the bottom into place. It will snap together.

We had a faulty medallion holder, wouldn't stay shut. They replaced it at the purser desk, two minutes

Just completed our Ocean Ready for our February cruise -- no problems! All of our info was in the app from last year, just a matter of confirming. Did have to put in a new pin number because I couldn't remember what last year's was 😁

Also, you do NOT have to pay for a lanyard, only if you want a "special" insert for the medallion. No shipping charges either for us...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bulldog on water said:

Had same issue.... played around and on “documents page “ hit first light blue line under passport info... took me to another page where I just hit passport arrow then another page to confirm passport info.... all green now... good luck, because calls to princess did not help!

Not sure what procedure you followed but deleted previous passport info, reentered info and all green now.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:38 PM, Wehwalt said:

Appreciate the responses, but I'm looking for something that will look good and be lightweight, and putting it in something intended for a card doesn't work. 

I don't know how you would attach the medallion to a lanyard without some kind of holder.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, CactusRoot said:

Medallion Public Photo

First we didn't like the idea of our pic just popping up anywhere on ship for the public. But an option to do something fun with Avatar's or Images was listed and I thought that sounds fun. If everyone had this fun option there could be all kinds of images popping up. Animals, Dolls, Cartoons, pets or more.

This will be our first time to experience Medallion. 

Will public profile really be in various places on the ship?

If I remember correctly from being on the Regal last year, your "public profile" doesn't show up anywhere but your photo will. We used photos of our dog and cat for our public photo 🙂

32 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I don't know how you would attach the medallion to a lanyard without some kind of holder.

I saw on guy using one of Princess's plastic clip holders together with his chain string through it so it would hang even on his neck.

There's nothing on the Medallion to attach to, so it has to be held in some sort of case. 

34 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

If I remember correctly from being on the Regal last year, your "public profile" doesn't show up anywhere but your photo will. We used photos of our dog and cat for our public photo.🙂

That's what we did they greeted us each time we were going in our cabin. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:15 PM, CruiseVA said:

Here you go, I always remove the insert, I think it looks better that way. Hopefully you can see the clip

IMG_20191227_151402.jpg

I  hate to say it, but since you took the photo against a black background it looks like you replaced the insert with a black one.  I realize it's just clear and the background is coming through but I bet some people on here won't recognize that.

• Like 1