Looking for info on NS Current shows and club HAL ???

FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

Leaving on the 24th on the NS. It has been quite a few years since my last HAL cruise and was wondering if anyone was recently off the ship and can advise what the current shows are like? Do they still do 1 a night in the main theater? I have read about the different music venues on the ship but was hoping those don't take the place of the main shows.

Also, will be sending kids to club HAL at times and was wondering if anyone knew the times they usually remain open? Also, do they allow you to leave kids and debark for excursions on port days?

Any info is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Edited by FIREFIGHTERCRUISER

5 hours ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Leaving on the 24th on the NS. It has been quite a few years since my last HAL cruise and was wondering if anyone was recently off the ship and can advise what the current shows are like? Do they still do 1 a night in the main theater? I have read about the different music venues on the ship but was hoping those don't take the place of the main shows.

Also, will be sending kids to club HAL at times and was wondering if anyone knew the times they usually remain open? Also, do they allow you to leave kids and debark for excursions on port days?

Any info is appreciated and thank you in advance.

We will also be on Niuew Statendam leaving November 24– and our son will be planning to attend Club HAL (he’s five). In the past, normal club hours for sea days are like 9-11am, then 1-4pm, then evenings from like 7-11pm. It was possible in the past for kids to stay on board while parents went in port— if I recall, advance notice had to be given (something about ordering lunch? Emergency contact?). Port day hours were like 9-4, and then again from 7-11pm. 

I’m sorry, I’m not any help on the shows question! 

Thanks for the info Dulci. That seems on par with what most of the other cruise lines do as well. I am spoiled after being on MSC, where they pretty much have the kids club open all day every day till 10 pm.. Don't get me wrong, I don't like abandoning my son all day. He just usually prefers to be there all the time and to play with all the new friends he meets. 

Also, I see you are from Huntsville. I am trying to get up there sometime soon to visit a buddy that owns "Big Eds pizza". Maybe you've tried it?

4 hours ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Also, I see you are from Huntsville. I am trying to get up there sometime soon to visit a buddy that owns "Big Eds pizza". Maybe you've tried it?

I have not tried Big Ed’s! Have heard wonderful things about it— definitely a Huntsville tradition! 

Just returned from  the NS on a 14 day TA.  Shows were as follows:  Embark--EXC talk on Cartagena;  day 2--PostModern Jukebox "Bandstand";  day 3--Jeff Burghart, comedian;  day 4--Goronway Thom, comedian;  day 5--Martin Brock, comedian and magician;  day 6--Juan Pablo Subirana, pianist;  day 7--Jo Little, comedian & vocalist;  day 8--film, BBC's Blue Planet II (Orange Party at BB King's);  day 9--Ida, Pop Opera Princesses (4 soprano singers);  day 10--Martin Brock, comedian and magician;  day 11--Jo Little, comedian & vocalist (new show);  day 12--Juan Pablo Subirana, pianist;  day 13--Ida, Pop Opera Princesses (new show).  

1 hour ago, colonialinnkeeper said:

Just returned from  the NS on a 14 day TA.  

Me too. Odd - only one PMJ, despite it being indicated there wld be two in the cruise planner in the room upon embarkation.  Also notably absent was any Step One Dance Co spots.    

Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to the new style theater. Was hoping for more dance and singing "Broadway style" shows. My daughter would like those more than comedians. Maybe the show schedule will change once it transitions to a 7 day Caribbean schedule. Hoping to get at least a couple Dance Company shows.

1 hour ago, FIREFIGHTERCRUISER said:

Hoping to get at least a couple Dance Company shows.

Conjecture, but given the genre overlap of entertainment (comedian, comedian, comedian-magician, comedian-vocalist) there may have been a performer injury and/or otherwise unplanned hiatus w/ StepOne.     Scott. 

17 hours ago, casavaha said:

Just back from a T/A on the NS.  Great ship, great cruise.  BB Kings was great, all the entertainment was very good.

Theater  in the round was very good and different from most cruise lines.

We were on the Koningsdam two months after it was put on line for a 14 day trip in Northern Europe in Norway.  The stage and surround were used in various ways that were innovative and really interesting using dancers, singers and musicians with the surround adding to the visual effects.  Some shows were dazzling.  I can't say that is true on the last two voyages on the K and again this trip on the NS.  The shows we saw could have been done on any stage.  Would love to see HAL use all this great equipment to its full potential.