Cruise fare for 10 month old

rskupper

19 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Royal does not serve “baby” food, so you must bring your own food for a six month old.

Actually this is wrong. They will puree any food you want for your baby in the windjammer and the MDR, so yeah, they do serve baby food, but some people prefer to bring their own...

42 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

Actually this is wrong. They will puree any food you want for your baby in the windjammer and the MDR, so yeah, they do serve baby food, but some people prefer to bring their own...

Glad to know that.  I will let my daughter-in-law know that because we all will cruise in September with a six month old.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Fares are based on the following:

First person = double price

First and Second per stateroom = main price

Third and Fourth per stateroom = lower price than fist and second.

Age does not matter.  Each person pays an equal share of fuel and payroll. 

Sometimes Kids sail free, but not really.  They raise the price of first and second to cover 3rd and 4th.

This was not the case on our cruise when they had kids sale free.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:57 AM, waterbug123 said:

It was a valid point.  The crown loft and other luxury suites are super pricey, and remain available when junior suites and grand suites have sold out.  A promotion of those super high end suites may well be such that you can save money with KSF but that experience is more of an anomaly due to that particular suite category.

I would disagree on luxury suites "remain available when junior suites and grand suites have sold out."  In my experience, and I don't sail in "luxury suites" often unless they're a remarkable deal, luxury suites tend to sell out very quickly.  Yes, JS's are much more numerous and therefore available, but GS and above tend to go pretty quick.  

I can't speak anymore on KSF programs as I have only used it once.  But I have to say, when someone asks about them and the response is "they're fake, and always cost more," it's an unreasonable and incorrect answer.  Why discourage someone from actually exploring the option?  That's all the poster is doing.  He/she is effectively saying "don't even waste your time checking, all sales are fake."   You should ALWAYS check any pricing changes!  I've found LOTS of great deals after initially booking the cruise.  If you simply believe all sales are fake, then you relegate yourself to paying more unnecessarily.  It's free to watch the prices you know. 

Sometimes itt amazes me that Royal Caribbean is even in business with all the "scams" and "fake pricing" and "bait and switch" etc. that people here accuse them of.  It's stupid really.  Just check the price, book it or don't, and go on your cruise and have fun, or stay home no matter WHAT they call the pricing mode.  It's not rocket science.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

I would disagree on luxury suites "remain available when junior suites and grand suites have sold out."  In my experience, and I don't sail in "luxury suites" often unless they're a remarkable deal, luxury suites tend to sell out very quickly.  Yes, JS's are much more numerous and therefore available, but GS and above tend to go pretty quick.  

I shouldn't have generalized so much.  But in my experience, "luxury suites" OFTEN remain available when lesser suites sell out.  On a number of occasions we've booked a balcony because the junior suite price didn't seem worth it.  When this happens we keep checking for a possible price drop and often the only suites that remain available are those above the grand suite category.  If and when that happens, it makes sense that the cruise line might ultimately discount them to some degree.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

I shouldn't have generalized so much.  But in my experience, "luxury suites" OFTEN remain available when lesser suites sell out.  On a number of occasions we've booked a balcony because the junior suite price didn't seem worth it.  When this happens we keep checking for a possible price drop and often the only suites that remain available are those above the grand suite category.  If and when that happens, it makes sense that the cruise line might ultimately discount them to some degree.

Yes, true.  JS's are a very popular category because they aren't all that much more than a Balcony, but have more space, etc. And yes, at times higher suites are great deals. That's what I found when we did the CL's. In fact, we did a CL in Sep. on Harmony for $1749 per person!  That's the price of a balcony on many cruises!!!  That's why I always roll my eyes at comments like "all sales are fake."  They can call it what they want, but if I can get a CL for the price of a balcony, I'll take it!!  So I will agree, when cabins aren't selling, they'll discount them.  But act fast!  Our's sold out in a day.  I guess it really depends on the individual cruise. 

• Clarea locked this topic