Hot breakfast (eg. Eggs Benedict) in Deluxe Oceanview cabin?

Meldrum

We booked our 7th cruise with Oceania, but for the first time we are not in a Concierge level or Penthouse Cabin.

I am afraid we will not have hot breakfast through Roomservice. Is that correct? What if I add Eggs Benedict on the Breakfast card that you hang on the cabin door at night. Would they deliver it or refuse the request? 

Off course, we can always have breakfast in Terrace, but having breakfast in our cabin is so relaxed and feels so luxurious :-).

Does someone have a photo of the breakfast request card from a lower category cabin?

I do not have a copy, but just asked our friends who have stayed in the OV cabins on Marina last year, and they said that the door handle/slot menu for the B-G cabins do not even list hot breakfast items.  Just cold items, coffee, tea, juice.   However, you can order hot items from the actual room service menu books (the 24 hour offerings), just no breakfast (if that makes sense)!   

5 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Do only Suites have hot breakfast room service and not Concierge?

Nice shorts are ok for breakfast in GDR?

Thank You we are doing our first O on Riviera on a B2B.🙂

Concierge & above have the Hot breakfast option you can also order lunch/dinner  from the GDR menu  during  opening hours

Shorts are fine during the day in dining venues

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Concierge & above have the Hot breakfast option you can also order lunch/dinner  from the GDR menu  during  opening hours

Shorts are fine during the day in dining venues

As usual we can always count on you!  Thank You for helping us on our first O cruise/s🙂

1 hour ago, Tansy Mews said:

On lazy days (or when you don't have to be off the ship early), have breakfast in the Grand Dining Room. Lovely and relaxing. 

Frances

I know, but it usually takes too long and our next cruise has no sea days. We'll definetly try this on the last morning if we are not in a rush to go home. 

The Preismanns website is indeed a good source. Thank you to remind me about their site!

When I browse the menus from 2015, I see a lot has changed since then. On our last cruise (August 2019), there was less choice in the GDR. The same soup (lobster bisque) and salad was returning on the menu day after day. If I remember correctly there were only 4 or 5 choices for the main course (versus 7 choicesin 2015) and it always included a vegetarian and a vegan option (only 1 veg option in 2015). If you're not vegetarian or vegan you now have even fewer actual choices. Oh well, economics, healthy food and trying to avoid spoiling food are also important issues these days.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Meldrum said:

The Preismanns website is indeed a good source. Thank you to remind me about their site!

When I browse the menus from 2015, I see a lot has changed since then. On our last cruise (August 2019), there was less choice in the GDR. The same soup (lobster bisque) and salad was returning on the menu day after day. If I remember correctly there were only 4 or 5 choices for the main course (versus 7 choicesin 2015) and it always included a vegetarian and a vegan option (only 1 veg option in 2015). If you're not vegetarian or vegan you now have even fewer actual choices. Oh well, economics, healthy food and trying to avoid spoiling food are also important issues these days.

I am seeing 5-6 entrees  for dinner plus the 3 always available dishes   & I believe they do have a vegan menu  you can ask for   I have not done so

I usually will just order the Vegetarian dish on the main menu  sometimes 

If I do not have to cook or wash the dishes   it is always a good meal LOL

Food, glorious food...My sister wants to know if there is anyplace onboard Insignia that she can get a cheesesteak...Otherwise I will have to go out to get one tonight, as we sail Sat., travel to Miami Friday...And corn chowder is already on the stove for tomorrow...EM

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Food, glorious food...My sister wants to know if there is anyplace onboard Insignia that she can get a cheesesteak...Otherwise I will have to go out to get one tonight, as we sail Sat., travel to Miami Friday...And corn chowder is already on the stove for tomorrow...EM

All of the ingredients for a somewhat traditional philly cheesesteak sandwich (possibly even the cheez whiz or something like it) exist onboard. Check with the Polo Grill Maitre d' or chef for a special request with a few days lead time. Of course, you may need to write down exactly what cheesesteak means to you.

Alternatively, you could get roast beef and cheese coldcuts and a roll at the Terrace Café and ask the grill station cook to do some magic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meldrum said:

If you're not vegetarian or vegan you now have even fewer actual choices. 

So if you include the vegetarian and vegan meals in your choices (I would presume that a non-veggie person can order and eat them), is there still a reduction in choices?

3 hours ago, Meldrum said:

I know, but it usually takes too long

Like, how long? Can you say to your server that you're leaving soon if they can rush it a bit?   It's not like they're making Hollandaise from scratch.  Or do you like to sleep in?  We're early risers so no biggie. Plus we don't do organized tours but rather DIY so our time is quite loose.

We are fans of breakfast in the GDR on sea days or days where we arrive late in port (that hasn't happened much) OR if we just have decided not to go ashore (also hasn't happened much).  We're usually in a PH or maybe even above, so the alternative on tour days is a hot breakfast in the room.  When we took a downsell to a B1 in 2016 we went to Terrace for breakfast  for the first time in many cruises.  We luckily found a table! 

When we've ordered into the room (from the regular breakfast choices, NOT room service) we specify a  time.  They are always knocking at the door at the exact time.

As to the reduction in menu choices, we were on Riviera when the new menus came into play.  Maybe we wouldn't have minded if we weren't long time passengers on O but we were used to dinner changes daily.  So there used to be 3-4 salad and soup choices, about 5 main course choices, and so on.  This was in addition to the standard "Jacques Pepin favorites", the vegetarian choices, etc.  With the "new" menus, we saw much more repetition.  So if you saw leg of lamb on the menu on Monday, you might see it again on Wednesday or Thursday.

That doesn't mean that you won't find something you want on the dinner menu in the GDR.  But you are definitely more limited. We always check the menus in advance anyway to decide whether we want to go the GDR, Terrace or order into our room.

We aren't happy with these changes ourselves but our discontent isn't enough to make us bail ship ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, drkitkat123 said:

So if you include the vegetarian and vegan meals in your choices (I would presume that a non-veggie person can order and eat them), is there still a reduction in choices?

Yes, I believe so, certainly for starters, soup and salads which include items that are repeated every day. 

For the main courses, if you like vegetarian/vegan, than there is not a big reduction (maybe one choice less than back in 2015).

13 hours ago, clo said:

Like, how long? Can you say to your server that you're leaving soon if they can rush it a bit?   It's not like they're making Hollandaise from scratch.  Or do you like to sleep in?  We're early risers so no biggie. Plus we don't do organized tours but rather DIY so our time is quite loose.

I would say around 35 to 45 minutes, depending on how busy it is. The breakfast delivery service is mostly very punctual, if you ask for 8:00 am, it will almost always be delivered at 8am. So if we are on an excursion, this is our prefered breakfast method. No stress to start your day.:-).