Booking excursions question.

K922

Booked on our first princess cruise in 2021 and I can’t seem to fine the answer anywhere of weather or not you can book excursions and pay on board or you have to prepay for them when you book.  

TIA

Karen. 

You can do it either way, your choice. Some popular excursions at some ports do sell out. It's early right now. Some excursions may not even be available for booking.

To pre-book excursions, when available, go to the cruise personlizer. Pre-booked excursions have to be paid when booked, either directly to your credit card, or by using available on board credit.

To book excursions on board you can go to the excursion desk, speak with a staff member, or use one of the touch screens. Excursions booked on board are charged directly to your on board account(s) and net against any credit balance.

Since it is so far in advance, 2021, would suggest you join your cruise's roll call and investigate some private tours or activities.

I have a ton of on board credit for our Alaskan Cruise. I understood that when pre-booking a shore excursion online that you had to pre-pay and charge to your credit card. I would like to use my onboard credit to apply to this booking. Am I now able to do this? There are mixed answers in this thread.

Edited by redtop101
Mixed answers in thread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

I have a ton of on board credit for our Alaskan Cruise. I understood that when pre-booking a shore excursion online that you had to pre-pay and charge to your credit card. I would like to use my onboard credit to apply to this booking. Am I now able to do this? There are mixed answers in this thread.

There are different answers posted above, but the answers are not mixed.  Yes, you have to pre-pay and that was consistently stated.  You pay with credit card or OBC - if you have sufficient on file.  Some OBC may not be credited to your account until you are actually on board the cruise.  You can only use OBC already posted to your reservation.

Some OBC isn't posted immediately. You have to request shareholder OBC for instance. Lately they've been great at posting it really quickly, within a day usually if not the same day. Loyalty OBC doesn't show up to be used against excursions before a cruise. It shows up on the travel summary, but not where you could use it against the cost of excursions.