Warn me ahead of time

cruisinmeme

We have a sail away mini suite exactly mid ship deck 14 on getaway. Appears pool is just above us. What horror stories do you have being in this location.  I guess something to plug up our ears will be in order.

seriously i was on June 2 cruise on Breakaway, picked my cabin and it was awful.  The neighbor spent 15 hours a day slamming the door, the kids used the wall to bounce off of.  Across the hall was a workers work are entrance and the door slammed every few minutes.  Most of those doors (i saw this further down the hall) had a slow close and noiseless shut. So sometimes the most thought out plan isn’t so great after all.

On another ship we were just below the pool deck, unfortunately the pool crew started about 4 am to move the chairs, clean and then move the chairs back.  We ended up requesting to and being moved to another cabin.  We've traveled with ear plugs ever since. 

deb 🙂

We experienced the chair scrapping early in the morning when we had a mini suite on the Jade on  a few occasions . But we did experience the Hot Tub leaking into the ceiling  out in the hallway.our neighbors had to exit their cabin through our room via the balcony. It was actually funny  I retrospect. 

I've had rooms directly under the pool deck and the only noise was from redeploying lounge chairs in the AM..  However, we were already up and getting dressed so it had minimal impact.  While you can't control who your neighbors are, I'm sure you will have a great cruise 🙂

OP pool deck chairs being moved around is highly likely. Always a good idea to look at deck plans before booking.

Cabins above and below you and across from you. Unfortunately you can't pick your neighbors and the door slamming becomes a problem as does kids running the halls.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tips/heads up.  This was a sail away so i would of never picked this cabin.  I had 2 awesome balcony locations prior to moving to mini suite. (My bad)

we have heard the chair moving from the SF suites on smaller ships. We have had guys working outside our window in the middle of the night. We have had our room flooded. List goes on. So after 23 cruises we try to block out all we can and enjoy the positive. I guess i am going to hope BirdTravels is the winner on this advice request.lol