Cruise Critic Community
Notonboard

Back to Back Princess what to know

I’m sailing on the Regal on 12/1 and note the berthing schedule still shows both ships at Terminal 2. This is gonna be interesting!

On 11/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Good luck with asking a cab driver, who has been waiting in line, to go 2 miles to another pier.

Don't tell them where you are going until you get into the vehicle....I believe by law they can not refuse you. One of you get in the cab while other overseas luggage  .  Then give a hefty tip if no flack or crappy attitude...

On 11/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Good luck with asking a cab driver, who has been waiting in line, to go 2 miles to another pier.

In Port Everglades the cabs are required to take you intraterminal for $8.00.  Signs are posted at cab stops and there is a sticker on the front window of the cabs showing the price.   They will try to tell you it is $12 or 15, but don't believe them.  We have done this several times and they (the drivers) always quote a higher price until we challenge them and ask why the window sticker says $8. 

Ask Princess Guest Services if a shuttle can be arranged.  If enough pax are doing the same S2S then they may do it.  Royal Caribbean has done this for us several times.

2 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

In Port Everglades the cabs are required to take you intraterminal for $8.00.  Signs are posted at cab stops and there is a sticker on the front window of the cabs showing the price.   They will try to tell you it is $12 or 15, but don't believe them.  We have done this several times and they (the drivers) always quote a higher price until we challenge them and ask why the window sticker says $8. 

Ask Princess Guest Services if a shuttle can be arranged.  If enough pax are doing the same S2S then they may do it.  Royal Caribbean has done this for us several times.

Several people have posted that the min. is $10.

Nevermind, it has been updated this morning. Sky to 2, Regal to 21. A bit disappointing for me considering it's my first medallion class cruise but I suppose someone had to go somewhere else that morning.

Here's to hoping they have shuttles running from 2 to the Midport Garage on our return.

Edited by tntornadox

20 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Several people have posted that the min. is $10.

In Jan/Feb of this year we did Regal Princess to Holland New Statendam to Regal Princess and both intraterminal trips by cab were $8.00.  May have increased since then.