Woman overboard on NCL Sun 11/12/19

pallasanila

Just got off the Sun this morning and I can’t find any info online about the woman they fished out of the water Tuesday night. Rumors were wild and rampant about what happened but I was hoping to get the real scoop. Anyone hear anything about it?

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Well...you were actually ON the ship when this happened, so I'd guess that you are a better source of information than those of us who were not there.

Five days of crappy coffee has left me with little tolerance for keyboard warriors. So bless your heart. 

I heard she was confined to her room for running naked up and down the halls on Deck 9, and she jumped off her deck 9 balcony after they wouldn’t allow her out. A different version had her jumping off deck 6 after threatening a woman in the comedy club with a broken wine glass. A third version was she jumped because she was mad at her significant other. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pallasanila said:

Five days of crappy coffee has left me with little tolerance for keyboard warriors. So bless your heart. 

I heard she was confined to her room for running naked up and down the halls on Deck 9, and she jumped off her deck 9 balcony after they wouldn’t allow her out. A different version had her jumping off deck 6 after threatening a woman in the comedy club with a broken wine glass. A third version was she jumped because she was mad at her significant other. 

So sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully you can work through it.

Any idea...since you were actually ON the ship (how lucky is THAT?)...which of these versions is true?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

So sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully you can work through it.

Any idea...since you were actually ON the ship (how lucky is THAT?)...which of these versions is true?

I think she has made it clear she doesn't know and is wondering if anyone has the facts. OP, sorry no one has been helpful. Hopefully we can find out what happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

13 November Norwegian Sun From a passenger:  On the ship and watched the rescue. Happened off the coast of Freeport in very calm waters with the ship going very slowly on its way to Great Stirrup Cay. Crew did great - from my balcony it appeared that the person climbed into the rescue boat on their own.  Very quick rescue.  LATER: So word in the ship is that it was a young woman. Jumped off her 9th floor balcony to go swimming. Survived relatively uninjured (a bit of a miracle). Rumor has it she’s in the brig. Cabin 9030 is cautioned taped off. Someone did get full video, so eventually that will be out there.
  • Like 2

Hmm, I just disembarked after a b2b.  DH and I drank coffee for 10 days without complaint; then again our coffee preferences run toward strong, black, but mostly happy or at least complaint-free.   

We did not hear wild rumors.  Just read the above post.  I guess we missed the excitement.  Just as well.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pallasanila said:

I guess some people just loose it when they don't get a towel animal Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

13 November Norwegian Sun From a passenger:  On the ship and watched the rescue. Happened off the coast of Freeport in very calm waters with the ship going very slowly on its way to Great Stirrup Cay. Crew did great - from my balcony it appeared that the person climbed into the rescue boat on their own.  Very quick rescue.  LATER: So word in the ship is that it was a young woman. Jumped off her 9th floor balcony to go swimming. Survived relatively uninjured (a bit of a miracle). Rumor has it she’s in the brig. Cabin 9030 is cautioned taped off. Someone did get full video, so eventually that will be out there.

I'm very happy to hear that she's ok. She's very lucky to have survived. It's good to hear happy endings to these potentially life threatening events. 

Best wishes

8 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

1zv29r.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was on the sun and witnessed the rescue in person on the front of the ship from the observation deck of the Spinnaker lounge. My wife and I went outside when we noticed we were turning around. We saw some flares in the air and a group of people on the left side of the boat. We stood there for a few minutes and then myself and another man next to me simultaneously heard a faint scream coming from the right side of the ship. We looked at each other kind of like "did you hear that too?" Then we heard another faint scream again from the right side. We yelled at the crew to point the lights to the right and they finally got the light on her after maybe another minute. She was about 250 yards from the boat. Then a little boat/skiff rushed out there and scooped her up. I have no clue how she ended up in the water. I'd like to know myself. But I did witness the rescue, and I'll never forget the sound of those screams. 

MVIMG_20191112_223842.jpg

Edited by Ugadawg159
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, she must be an excellent cliff diver/swimmer with a drop of ....  errrrr, almost 100 ft. to hit the water below.  Good for the rapid spotting by fellow pax and crews launching the rescue, etc. etc.   Was she wearing her own PFD (life vest) - I seem to recall someone asking here on CC about bring their own - to stay afloat long enough for the first responder to reach her.  

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Well, she must be an excellent cliff diver/swimmer with a drop of ....  errrrr, almost 100 ft. to hit the water below.  Good for the rapid spotting by fellow pax and crews launching the rescue, etc. etc.   Was she wearing her own PFD (life vest) - I seem to recall someone asking here on CC about bring their own - to stay afloat long enough for the first responder to reach her.  

I would like to know if she had a PDF too. She definitely did not have one with reflectors on it. I swim at my gym and treading water for 20-25 minutes isn't easy in a pool, let alone the ocean. If this had happened 2 days prior, there is zero chance she would have survived. The seas were incredibly calm the night of the incident.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, pallasanila said:

that oughta sober the crazy woman up.    you can’t hold your liquor honey!