Woman overboard on NCL Sun 11/12/19

pallasanila

I was on the same cruise........

Story is husband/wife(or BF/GF) had a huge fight at the comedy show that night......were told to leave......

Shortly after(around 10pm),I was in the Champagne Bar and noticed people all looking outside..

Seems the lady jumped off her balcony on deck 9........4 doors from mine.

Was rescued,fortunately.

THEN according to the husband(bf) he said they both spent the night in medic that night....

He happened to be sitting at my table at Teppenyaki the next night.He was almost bragging how his gf was the one who jumped....He kept going on and on and telling anyone who would listen. It was quite obvious he was drunk and had 2 glasses of wine going for him,in front of him.He mentioned they were celebrating their 6th anniversary! (nothing says love like a huge fight).

He said they questioned him and let him go.

He told the waiter to get a plate of food to go for her(since,according to him) she was confined to her cabin(or maybe brig??)..

He stayed and ate dinner with his friends,then left with the food for her.

I do blame too much alcohol in all of this.

I saw quite a few OVER the top drunks,who could not walk or barely talk and security would not try to step in to get them safely to their cabins........

Heard of a few physical fights too and nothing was done......

BUT anyway,that's what I know about the overboard.

Their cabin was sealed off(with yellow tape) and if she wasn't in the brig,I am sure she was NOT put back into any balcony cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PH8 said:

I was on the same cruise........

Story is husband/wife(or BF/GF) had a huge fight at the comedy show that night......were told to leave......

Shortly after(around 10pm),I was in the Champagne Bar and noticed people all looking outside..

Seems the lady jumped off her balcony on deck 9........4 doors from mine.

Was rescued,fortunately.

THEN according to the husband(bf) he said they both spent the night in medic that night....

He happened to be sitting at my table at Teppenyaki the next night.He was almost bragging how his gf was the one who jumped....He kept going on and on and telling anyone who would listen. It was quite obvious he was drunk and had 2 glasses of wine going for him,in front of him.He mentioned they were celebrating their 6th anniversary! (nothing says love like a huge fight).

He said they questioned him and let him go.

He told the waiter to get a plate of food to go for her(since,according to him) she was confined to her cabin(or maybe brig??)..

He stayed and ate dinner with his friends,then left with the food for her.

I do blame too much alcohol in all of this.

I saw quite a few OVER the top drunks,who could not walk or barely talk and security would not try to step in to get them safely to their cabins........

Heard of a few physical fights too and nothing was done......

BUT anyway,that's what I know about the overboard.

Their cabin was sealed off(with yellow tape) and if she wasn't in the brig,I am sure she was NOT put back into any balcony cabin.

Thanks for the info. Just so crazy.

• Thanks 1