14 November 2019 Thursday Weigh-In: NOvember

pacruise804

Happy Thursday!

I read something where this can be our month of NO.  No to every invitation, no to extra purchases, and no to impulse food.  I'm a people pleaser by nature, so I struggle with saying no sometimes for fear of offending someone.  It can be very freeing though, and most people would rather an honest no than a reluctant yes.  

I gained .8# from 2 weeks ago 😡but it is less than I feared with traveling.  I can tell I'm doing a little better with diet since the junk food from last weekend didn't taste good (and I was so thankful for salad options).

How is everyone else this week?

• Like 2

I like the month of no idea! Today is one month till my birthday so I am hoping to be five pounds lighter by then. I had a loss this week and then a smaller gain with another loss but I will take it all rather than a plateau! Hope all is well with everyone else 🙂

• Like 2

Happy Thursday! I've definitely not been saying No..... I'm back up 2.2 this week. 😞 Not unexpected though.. too many treats, glasses of wine and carbs. I'm going to have to start saying No and get back to salads... just not into them though when it's cold and drizzly outside. 

• Like 3

Hey y'all thanks for starting the thread PA! Robin don't worry about the gain. My problem is wine and late nights at work. I dropped the birthday 2 so now I'm back to the same weight I've been for about 6 weeks (I think). Keeping my goal of 900 calories for awhile. Haven't hit it yet LOL 

11/8 1754 Gym 498 Net 1256

11/9 1577 Gym 411 Net 1133

11/10 1508 Gym 652 Net 856

11/11 1598 

11/12 1145 Gym 268 Net 877

11/13 1847

• Like 2

Hi all!

pacruise804 ~ thanks for starting the thread. Hope all the cruisers are having a great time & eating sensibly  NOT!

I'm up 0.4 lbs which is not bad after 4 days in New York City  & eating pretty much what I wanted here.

I bought licorice allsorts & corn chips but after eating some & not really getting any pleasure from them put them out in the garbage.

I'll have to say NO more often from now on. Hope to have a better result next week.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Happy Thursday! I've definitely not been saying No..... I'm back up 2.2 this week. 😞 Not unexpected though.. too many treats, glasses of wine and carbs. I'm going to have to start saying No and get back to salads... just not into them though when it's cold and drizzly outside. 

I struggle with salads when it's cold too.  A hearty vegetable soup, or even just a good broth, can be nice to warm without too many calories or carbs.

I finally tried the Maui black bean soup last night.  I suspect it needs corn (which I don't have) to balance out the black beans.  Overall a nice veggie option to go with some sandwiches this week while we need quick meals.

• Like 1

I finally got through my very first week on my plan and didn't find it as difficult as I thought it would be.  Down 2.0 and I'm glad about that. I am a soup person in the fall and winter as it's so comforting, like a warm blanket. 

I really  like the idea of NOvember and will report back next week on how many times I did instead of giving in to cravings. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

I struggle with salads when it's cold too.  A hearty vegetable soup, or even just a good broth, can be nice to warm without too many calories or carbs.

I finally tried the Maui black bean soup last night.  I suspect it needs corn (which I don't have) to balance out the black beans.  Overall a nice veggie option to go with some sandwiches this week while we need quick meals.

Hope you all enjoy the soup. I usually do add the corn... and I rarely measure so there is a lot. 

I do love nice, hearty soups... DH and the kids are not really fans of soup for dinner. They feel it's more of a lunch dish. I might have to try just making myself soup for dinner and feed them something else. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JenGi said:

I finally got through my very first week on my plan and didn't find it as difficult as I thought it would be.  Down 2.0 and I'm glad about that. I am a soup person in the fall and winter as it's so comforting, like a warm blanket. 

I really  like the idea of NOvember and will report back next week on how many times I did instead of giving in to cravings. 

Congrats on you loss! Which plan are you on?

• Like 2

Just now, RobinCruiser said:

Congrats on you loss! Which plan are you on?

I'm using the lose it app and trying to stay at 1200 calories per day.  I feel better when I eat well and not use up my calories for junk as I have been doing lately.  I'm going to try the soup this week,  sounds like a good meal.  

• Like 3

Here's a recipe for a soup from my Lose It app since we're on that topic.  I'm going to make it today or tomorrow as it sounds really good.

Leek, carrot soup

Servings: 4 (Save leftovers for lunch or freeze for later.) | 200 Calories per Serving

Ingredients

1 (15.5-ounce) can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained

2 teaspoons olive oil

2 garlic cloves, sliced

1 leek, chopped

2 carrots, sliced

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added

2 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock

1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme

1⁄4 teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper to taste

2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

Instructions

1. Pour approximately half of beans into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside
  2. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, leek,
    and carrots, and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, mashed and unmashed beans, and thyme.
    Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
  4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Nutrition Information

(For 1⁄4 of recipe) 200 calories; 28 g carbohydrate; 10 g protein; 3.5 g fat (0.5 g sat); 6.5 g fiber; 940 mg sodium.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ooooh, that sounds good.  The mashed beans probably help to make it creamier.  I have a ham bone in the freezer to make broth with and I might do that instead of the vegetable stock.  If there is meat my family will consider it more a meal (taco soup, chili, etc).  Or I can do sandwiches for the guys to help it feel more like a meal for them - sandwiches only aren't really an evening meal either, but the two together can count 🙂 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

have a ham bone in the freezer to make broth with and I might do that instead of the vegetable stock

Same here. I was thinking of chicken stock instead as I have some here

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 5:50 AM, JenGi said:

Leek, carrot soup

Servings: 4 (Save leftovers for lunch or freeze for later.) | 200 Calories per Serving

Here are a couple of pictures of the soup, really good. 

20191116_181714.jpg

20191116_192338.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1