Change in Panorama Steakhouse Wine Promo?

OC SeaPA

I just received confirmation for our Farenheit 555 1st night dinner rreservation- 4 adults & 2 children.  It had a note on the bottom of the reservation

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

It sounded like only 1 bottle for 4 of us, so I asked.  here is the response- Our wine promo is per table , either  your selection is our house wine or you choose to purchase wine on our 50% off discount.  The purpose of our wine promo is for our guest who dine with us to enjoy a nice bottle of wine while having dinner and wine is to be consumed in the Steakhouse.

I have reread all the other threads, and this was not the case.  Is it only the new manager for the Panorama Steakhouse changing policy, or Carnival changing policy?  Doubt if I'll do the reservation now.  Anyone have any ideas- we love our wine, and the wine package selection didn't thrill me like the steakhouse selection.  

Could you please clarify the change?  I knew you received a complimentary bottle of house wine if you book for the first cruise night that doesn't seem to be changed and the 50% off any other bottle sounds familiar too.  I must admit I wasn't aware this was also on the first cruise elegant night too but that's good to know.  Is the change that you dont get more than one bottle because I have always took it to mean per table as well?

• Like 1

I believe he is referring to other peoples posts saying that you can get as many bottles at 50% off as you want and then drink them later in the MDR. I was wondering the same as we were considering doing this as well, as opposed to the wine package we usually get

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pinto18 said:

I believe he is referring to other peoples posts saying that you can get as many bottles at 50% off as you want and then drink them later in the MDR. I was wondering the same as we were considering doing this as well, as opposed to the wine package we usually get

34 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

I just received confirmation for our Farenheit 555 1st night dinner rreservation- 4 adults & 2 children.  It had a note on the bottom of the reservation

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

It sounded like only 1 bottle for 4 of us, so I asked.  here is the response- Our wine promo is per table , either  your selection is our house wine or you choose to purchase wine on our 50% off discount.  The purpose of our wine promo is for our guest who dine with us to enjoy a nice bottle of wine while having dinner and wine is to be consumed in the Steakhouse.

I have reread all the other threads, and this was not the case.  Is it only the new manager for the Panorama Steakhouse changing policy, or Carnival changing policy?  Doubt if I'll do the reservation now.  Anyone have any ideas- we love our wine, and the wine package selection didn't thrill me like the steakhouse selection.  

Op, are you going to the SH for the dinner or the wine?

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Op, are you going to the SH for the dinner or the wine?

Well, you go for the dinner and to also take advantage of the offer of the wine at 50% off.  

I hope it is not limited to one bottle per table and not limited to consumption in the SH.  😞

We enjoyed having our wine in the MD each night. 🍷

1 minute ago, nissach said:

Well, you go for the dinner and to also take advantage of the offer of the wine at 50% off.  

I hope it is not limited to one bottle per table and not limited to consumption in the SH.  😞

What would stop you from ordering your wine in the MDR.  So you think the “reward” for stopping in th SH is 50% off wines for the cruise?  It is a promo to get you go there, not a discount package store.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, nissach said:

So you have ordered multiple bottles at 50% off?  When?  What ship? 

Hope I didn't ruin it for all, but here is Carnival Panorama Steakhouse manager's reply-

Our policy is the same in all the ships and there was no recent  changes  in regards to this.

Having two bottles of wine as you have mentioned below for your party during your  meal is absolutely fine, however having multiple bottles purchased for the cruise is not something that is in our practice and I am very surprised to hear this.  Full wine price depends on the wine you select  , our price range starts from $28 onwards.

Now I'm really confused.  Was it just a few that knew the "secret" and now it can't be done.  it seems to be more than a few that were ordering multiple bottles for the cruise, and carnival is surprised to hear this? 

2 hours ago, OC SeaPA said:

Hope I didn't ruin it for all, but here is Carnival Panorama Steakhouse manager's reply-

Our policy is the same in all the ships and there was no recent  changes  in regards to this.

Having two bottles of wine as you have mentioned below for your party during your  meal is absolutely fine, however having multiple bottles purchased for the cruise is not something that is in our practice and I am very surprised to hear this.  Full wine price depends on the wine you select  , our price range starts from $28 onwards.

Now I'm really confused.  Was it just a few that knew the "secret" and now it can't be done.  it seems to be more than a few that were ordering multiple bottles for the cruise, and carnival is surprised to hear this? 

We have had different experiences on different ships. I can’t name specific ones as I don’t recall which allowed what. Sometimes we have been allowed to purchase additional bottles at 50% off to drink the rest of the week, sometimes it has only been on what we could drink with our dinner that night. 

The big deal with the steakhouse wine list (outside the discount) is their wine list offers significantly better options than the dining room wine bottle menu. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

What would stop you from ordering your wine in the MDR.  So you think the “reward” for stopping in th SH is 50% off wines for the cruise?  It is a promo to get you go there, not a discount package store.

I agree it is promo to go to the SH.  Which I would do one night of the cruise anyways.  But if they are also offering 50% bottles of wine on the first night, why would I not take advantage of it?  Why order a bottle in the MD, at full price,  when I can get one at the SH for 1/2 price that I can then enjoy while eating dinner in the MD?

If the policy has changed that is fine, I will just order the one bottle at 50% off and enjoy in the SH.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OC SeaPA said:

So you have ordered multiple bottles at 50% off?  When?  What ship? 

On our last cruise, which was in 2016 on the Liberty.  We were dining with another couple and both couples bought 3 bottles of wine at 50% off.  One we drank in the SH, the other two we enjoyed in the MD on the other nights of the cruise.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, OC SeaPA said:

Just as an FYI - that is the exact same P.S. note that is on all three of my current Steakhouse reservations on three different ships, and on my past reservations as well.  However, we have not had a problem ordering a second or third bottle at the promotional price when we dine there.  We don't try to order multiples to take to the room, usually one extra for that they hold for our next dinner, where ever it is.

6 hours ago, nissach said:

I agree it is promo to go to the SH.  Which I would do one night of the cruise anyways.  But if they are also offering 50% bottles of wine on the first night, why would I not take advantage of it?  Why order a bottle in the MD, at full price,  when I can get one at the SH for 1/2 price that I can then enjoy while eating dinner in the MD?

If the policy has changed that is fine, I will just order the one bottle at 50% off and enjoy in the SH.

The intent is either or not in addition to.

My DW and I have done it many time's.  I asked years ago our waiter if I could order other bottle at the discount to enjoy thru out the cruise and he said it's no problem. 

We usually order 3-4 bottles at 50% off in the steakhouse and enjoy it at dinner the rest of the cruise.  It has never been an issue and if they have changed policy's that's fine, it was good while it lasted.

As far as this offer on formal night, I could be wrong but on almost every cruise with Carnival  if I  recall the 2ed night is the first formal night so the offer is the 1st & 2ed night like it's always been.

On a side note the one free bottle per table was true for us. Several years ago we meet a couple at a CC sail away meet & greet.

A few hours later when we went into the steak house there they were, They had reservations 15 minutes apart from us. We ask the hostess if it was possible to sit together and they said no problem.   However even with 2 reservations only 1 bottle per table and they would not budge.  That was the night we learned about the 50% off deal.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 11:56 AM, OC SeaPA said:

Per table. On most Carnival ships the first and second night. You can check on that when you get on the ship. We just returned from the Magic and it was first and second night. One btl per table. No matter how many. So I suggest you ask to sit at a large table. First tow arrive and then in a few the next two etc. I would then think each couple would receive a btl of wine. Two at each table next to one another. Sit down and then when they walk in sound like you did not know they were going to eat there.👍