Coco Cay - Pool or Beach???

Like Jenny said - do both! We didn't particularly love the water at the beach (it was really murky/cloudy), but that's no one's fault except the weather's.... The pool was AMAZING. Probably my favorite part of our entire vacation. Sitting in the pool, swimming, going to the swim up bar, it was all awesome. We did a few hours at each. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cruiselover0426 said:

Do you recommend poolside or beach for the day on Coco Cay?  If beach, which one? If pool is it hard to find a spot by the pool?  Are they both close to food and drinks?

Why don't you give both a try?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suezyq50 said:

Just started doing research.  So pool is free?  Any age restrictions?

Thanks

No extra charge for the pool.  Don't know about age restrictions, but I would imagine that swim diapers are not allowed.

We also split the day between the beach and pool. The very large pool is beautiful with the entrance having a "cushiony" feel:) There are really cool loungers that are stationary on the area that you enter the pool. We can't wait to go back!

Enjoy every minute!

Pool vs Beach has a completely different vibe/feel to them.  Like others have said, I absolutely would give both a shot.  We spent the majority of our time in September at the pool but were with a large group.  When it's just me and my wife next week we'll likely spend more of our day at the beach as it does tend to be much more laid back.

We did both but couldn't stay long at the pool.  The music was VERY loud, although that alone would have been OK if they'd been playing music with a Latin beat or an island feel.  They were blasting techno club music.  It's good for dancing but I couldn't take that repetitive beat for very long. I must be getting old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did both but couldn't stay long at the pool.  The music was VERY loud, although that alone would have been OK if they'd been playing music with a Latin beat or an island feel.  They were blasting techno club music.  It's good for dancing but I couldn't take that repetitive beat for very long. I must be getting old.

The music was too loud for me ... and that was without wearing my ultra power hearing aids.

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No extra charge for the pool.  Don't know about age restrictions, but I would imagine that swim diapers are not allowed.

I was skimming through this as I have one potty trained kid and one in diapers so I like to know what to expect. According to page 13 swim diapers are allowed which was actually a surprise to me. Still not sure we’ll venture over but could be useful information for anyone with a baby into techno music 🤷‍♀️😂

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-frequently-asked-questions.pdf

10 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

I was skimming through this as I have one potty trained kid and one in diapers so I like to know what to expect. According to page 13 swim diapers are allowed which was actually a surprise to me. Still not sure we’ll venture over but could be useful information for anyone with a baby into techno music 🤷‍♀️😂

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-frequently-asked-questions.pdf

Perhaps they don't have to follow USPH regulations since the Coco Cay pool is not on the ship.

Last week, we set up on the furthest right side of Chill Beach, right next to the cabanas. We were close to the tram stop, food, 2 bars, and also near South Beach. In the afternoon, I walked over to the pool. It was crowded (Mariner and Navigator were both in port), noisy, and not relaxing. We couldn't find any chairs. (It was a cloudy, windy and cool day, so lots of people did not want to be on the beach.) So we went back to the beach and enjoyed the rest of our day. I'm an active person and spent most of my time snorkeling off the beach. I don't think I sat on a lounger for more than 5 minutes. The beaches here are beautiful and relatively peaceful. A bar guy came around selling CocoLocos a few times, so no one needed to get up to go to the bar. We all had a nice day!

• Like 1

We found chairs and an umbrella at Chill Beach and spent the morning there.  After lunch at the Snack Shack, we spent some time in the pool before returning to the beach.  We were on a 4-night Mariner sailing with two stops at Coco Cay, so we headed directly to the pool the second day.  We went on a snorkeling and sand bar excursion (which was wonderful), so we had both sea time and pool time.