Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Once the bartender gives me my “gift” drink, I can do with it whatever I want. 

 

My logic as well.  Plus I've seen folks post social media conversations with Royal asking this question and they were advised they can share the 3 free drinks.  The Diamond/D+ offers letter that is left in the stateroom doesn't mention any rules regarding the drinks other than they are limited to the Diamond drinks menu and can only be ordered during the happy hour timeframe mentioned.  

 

The offers letter also states that the food/drink in the Diamond lounge are for consumption only in the lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I disagree completely, it’s not the same. My “diamond voucher” drink is a gift given to me by Royal Caribbean, just like the cookies in my room, the keychain or tote bag. 

By your logic, I can’t give my tote bag to my kids.  

 

Once the bartender gives me my “gift” drink, I can do with it whatever I want. 

Although you may disagree, it is not a gift, but a "perk"  and like all perks that can be abused, it can be taken away.  The cookies in your room are available to everyone on the ship, at various places.  The tote bag is not consumable.  Other posters have shown that it does state in various places that the vouchers are only for the recipient and not for family members or friends.  I for one, want to keep this perk, and really wish people would not openly discuss what they do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I disagree completely, it’s not the same. My “diamond voucher” drink is a gift given to me by Royal Caribbean, just like the cookies in my room, the keychain or tote bag. 

By your logic, I can’t give my tote bag to my kids.  

 

Once the bartender gives me my “gift” drink, I can do with it whatever I want. 

The voucher drinks are not gifts, they are perks of your C&A level. Where do the rules of C&A say that you can transfer your perks to someone else? Can you give your balcony discount to someone else if you happen to book an inside cabin? Perks you don't use are lost not eligible for give-a-way.

 

The vouchers are a nice perk and this is exactly the type of behavior that is going to screw things up for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The voucher drinks are not gifts, they are perks of your C&A level. Where do the rules of C&A say that you can transfer your perks to someone else? Can you give your balcony discount to someone else if you happen to book an inside cabin? Perks you don't use are lost not eligible for give-a-way.

 

The vouchers are a nice perk and this is exactly the type of behavior that is going to screw things up for us.

Mic drop...👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I've never had any one guest or staff member question me about my diamond drinks and how i order them. I always have the package and then at happy hour I use my Diamond drinks basically to buy a round for the people i'm with. My wife doesn't drink, so I use hers as well. It's nice to order more than one drink at a time....

Edited by csnarpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, csnarpy said:

Man, I've never had any one guest or staff member question me about my diamond drinks and how i order them. I always have the package and then at happy hour I use my Diamond drinks basically to buy a round for the people i'm with. My wife doesn't drink, so I use hers as well. It's nice to order more than one drink at a time....

 

Of course it's not a problem. Royals wants it's most loyal customers to be happy. The 3 drink vouchers was to ease crowding in the DL. Royal is certainty not going to piss off their most loyal customers by taking away their vouchers and make them return to the overcrowded lounge, not deny them the chance to share a drink with their non-Diamond friends. People keep comparing it to sharing the beverage package but it's not the same thing. We are talking about 3 drinks from a limited menu during a 3 hour period, not unlimited drinking all day long.  Royal has already budgeted those 3 drinks as perks so the are not "losing" money, in fact, they are gaining money whenever a Diamond does not use one of their drinks.

 

Sure there is a rule saying don't share. There are also dress code rules. Some rules are just not really enforced.  Relax and drink up.  But don't brag about it on the internet. 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can you give your balcony discount to someone else if you happen to book an inside cabin?

 

Probably not.

 

But if a Diamond is sharing a cabin with a non-Diamond and split the cost, the non-Diamond is benefiting from the balcony discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

 

Probably not.

 

But if a Diamond is sharing a cabin with a non-Diamond and split the cost, the non-Diamond is benefiting from the balcony discount.

First of all you have enough experience to know that the answer to the question  isn't probably not. The answer is no.

 

Secondly, you have enough experience to know how cabins are priced. If one person on the reservation qualifies for a discount whether it be C&A, senior, State promotion, etc., then that discount is factored into the price of the cabin and the total amount due is printed on the invoice. One reservation per cabin and one amount due. RCI could not care less who forks over that money just as long as someone does.

 

If two people who qualify for a discount are in the cabin does the discount get applied twice? Before you reply let me assure you that the answer isn't probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 1:01 PM, Sunshine_Barbie said:

Question ... as diamond members , I read that we'll receive 3 complimentary drink vouchers. We don't generally utilize these, as we get the drink package (I know that might sound foolish to some, but we find it's the best choice for us, for a number of reasons). So our drink vouchers always just go to waste. 

We were wondering if it is permeable to give away our drink vouchers since we have no need for them?

BY NO MEANS do we desire to "cheat the system" or break any rules, I just can't seem to find anywhere if it would be legal to do so.

 

Thanks!!!

 

 

It is a personal choice, we don't drink until happy hour and love the free drinks.  Actually, if you are in the Diamond Lounge, those drinks don't count toward your three.  You can then order wine in the MDR.  Both of our RCI cruises, we have never paid a penny for alcohol and we never buy the drink packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

if two people who qualify for a discount are in the cabin does the discount get applied twice? Before you reply let me assure you that the answer isn't probably not.

 

Good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 There was a fun thread on here a few months ago sharing some creative diamond cocktails that can be created using free options. I can’t find it anymore, does anyone happen to have that thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, Heymarco said:

 There was a fun thread on here a few months ago sharing some creative diamond cocktails that can be created using free options. I can’t find it anymore, does anyone happen to have that thread?

Here are two possibilities:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 9:58 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I disagree completely, it’s not the same. My “diamond voucher” drink is a gift given to me by Royal Caribbean, just like the cookies in my room, the keychain or tote bag. 

By your logic, I can’t give my tote bag to my kids.  

 

Once the bartender gives me my “gift” drink, I can do with it whatever I want. 

Why do you consider them gifts? Why doesn't everyone get these gifts? It's because they're earned for cruising with RC and to be used by the member that earned them. Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It's because they're earned for cruising with RC and to be used by the member that earned them.

Says who? What about the C&A gifts you get in your cabin upon embarkation? I can't give away those cookies or the wine bottle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Says who? What about the C&A gifts you get in your cabin upon embarkation? I can't give away those cookies or the wine bottle?

I think there is a bit of distinction between things that simply show up in your cabin and things that you have to request. RCI knows they are out the cost of the bottle of wine right from the beginning. It is the same expense to RCI no matter who consumes it. However, they are out the cost of the drink only if you actually take advantage of the perk. There are plenty of nights where I don't use all three vouchers. I am sure there are plenty more folks who can say the same. But if I were giving drinks away then I would certainly be using all three every night. And plenty of Diamonds and above I suspect still buy drink packages in which case the vouchers would not get used at all unless the drinks are being given away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think there is a bit of distinction between things that simply show up in your cabin and things that you have to request.

So if C&A doesn't deliver the wine bottle to the cabin, I shouldn't ask for it if I plan to give it away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So if C&A doesn't deliver the wine bottle to the cabin, I shouldn't ask for it if I plan to give it away?

If it is not delivered by mistake then I would say you have a right to ask for, and to what you want with, it as RCI intended for it to be there. However, if RCI started making the bottle available only on request then I would say the logical conclusion of my post would be no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, if RCI started making the bottle available only on request then I would say the logical conclusion of my post would be no.

So that means no one can ever change their wine bottle (if they intend to give it away) choice anymore since that is a new request?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So that means no one can ever change their wine bottle (if they intend to give it away) choice anymore since that is a new request?

I didn't even know you could change it. And I am not going to go around in circles with every scenario that you come up with. You get the intent of my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 2:43 PM, Ocean Boy said:

The voucher drinks are not gifts, they are perks of your C&A level. Where do the rules of C&A say that you can transfer your perks to someone else? Can you give your balcony discount to someone else if you happen to book an inside cabin? Perks you don't use are lost not eligible for give-a-way.

 

The vouchers are a nice perk and this is exactly the type of behavior that is going to screw things up for us.

Agreed.  The drink vouchers are a "reward" for level of cruising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I give a non Diamond member my seapass card so he can go to the diamond lounge for a "free" drink, is that wrong? Of course it is, it's cheating the system. What's the difference between that and just giving non Diamond members your preloaded drinks? I'd say the answer is no, preloaded drinks are not to be shared and I think if anybody actually emailed RCI and asked them, they would tell you the same thing.

Edited by rusty nut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rusty nut said:

If I give a non Diamond member my seapass card so he can go to the diamond lounge for a "free" drink, is that wrong? Of course it is, it's cheating the system. What's the difference between that and just giving non Diamond members your preloaded drinks? 

Apples and Oranges, RCI gave someone three drinks... they can do with them what they chooses. Giving someone access to DL and unlimited drinks that are not supposed to is not permitted. I really don't think RCI cares on the drink vouches. I get vouchers all the time from Southwest Airlines and use them for other to have a drink and that is acceptable  

Edited by Tulsacoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...