A big Thank You to Royal Caribbean!

We were on the Liberty of the Seas Halloween cruise in a deck seven balcony cabin, on Friday night, the 5 th night of the cruise we had a gasket burst in the toilet and water was running out the bathroom into our cabin and hallway, my wife opened the cabin into this mess, ran down to the Hoof and Claw and informed me, by the time we got back up to the cabin the maintenance staff had it fixed and was sucking up the water and blowing it dry.....anyway, not bad wet after what they had done and nothing to cause us to move cabins that late into the cruise,... so the thank you.....today I received a 20% off per person credit towards a future cruise, great news since we never complained or asked for a thing......Thank You RCI!  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, johnjen said:

So, a 20% discount on a future cruise with date restrictions, as a return for exposure to sewage.....just sayin'.

This was probably clean water from the supply line of the toilet.  Everything else is on the vacuum side. . 

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

So, a 20% discount on a future cruise with date restrictions, as a return for exposure to sewage.....just sayin'.

No, from your wording, I think that you misunderstand how that works.

It is a certificate for 20% of whatever cruise fare (and fare only, not taxes/port fees) the OP had paid for the Liberty cruise.

3 hours ago, hogwildcruzers said:

We were on the Liberty of the Seas Halloween cruise in a deck seven balcony cabin, on Friday night, the 5 th night of the cruise we had a gasket burst in the toilet and water was running out the bathroom into our cabin and hallway, my wife opened the cabin into this mess, ran down to the Hoof and Claw and informed me, by the time we got back up to the cabin the maintenance staff had it fixed and was sucking up the water and blowing it dry.....anyway, not bad wet after what they had done and nothing to cause us to move cabins that late into the cruise,... so the thank you.....today I received a 20% off per person credit towards a future cruise, great news since we never complained or asked for a thing......Thank You RCI!  

That's one long sentence. But it's nice to know that RCI compensated you for the inconvenience. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It is a certificate for 20% of whatever cruise fare (and fare only, not taxes/port fees) the OP had paid for the Liberty cruise.

That is correct, 20% of what we paid pp for that cruise, and the water was fresh water and no sewage at all.....also the credit is to be applied by the date I had said earlier but can cruise whenever date that cruise is booked for!

• Like 1

We were also on that cruise.  Great Halloween costumes and party on the promenade.  Unfortunately or fortunately we did not have any water problems for the 2 weeks in our cabin. 

That is a pretty good NCC for not asking over some water that didn't really affect you.  Enjoy your future cruise with that credit!  Wish one of our bathrooms had a leak of fresh water.  

On 11/14/2019 at 4:54 PM, Merion_Mom said:

It's still an insulting deal after what they went through, IMO. And yeah, I clearly understand how it works. Thanks.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:03 PM, fred30 said:

This was probably clean water from the supply line of the toilet.  Everything else is on the vacuum side. . 

We can only hope this is true, Fred....any mention of a toilet flooding though, brings up images.

5 minutes ago, johnjen said:

We can only hope this is true, Fred....any mention of a toilet flooding though, brings up images.

You can bring up images, or you can rely on a first hand account of the people that experienced the event.  Just sayin'...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had a similar situation of Princess a few years ago, carpet was absolutely soaked when my wife woke up to go to the bathroom.  We lost the use of the cabin for the day.  Fortunately we had an early excursion that day and cabin was ready when we returned.  They offered us a bottle of wine for the inconvenience (neither of us drink).  Coincidentally I contracted Norovirus a couple of days later.  Had a number of issues that cruise but the that was the last straw, never went on another Princess cruise.

17 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

You can bring up images, or you can rely on a first hand account of the people that experienced the event.  Just sayin'...

Or, you can re-read their opening statement, NOTHING SAID about it NOT being sewage.

44 minutes ago, johnjen said:

It's still an insulting deal after what they went through, IMO. And yeah, I clearly understand how it works. Thanks.

"What they went through"??  My understanding is they were not on the cabin, the OP (and possible wife)  was down in Hoof&Claw and when the wife went back to the cabin, she discovered the mess. By the time she got the got her husband from the pub, it was fixed and in the process of being cleaned up. 

From the post, it did not seem to inconvenience them in any manner.

Usually I'm pretty critical of how Royal compensates passengers but in this case, they went above and beyond.

To be honest, I think that was a bad deal. We had a similar thing happen on a 12 night holiday cruise out of Sydney. We were moved to another stateroom, and got 70% back as future cruise credit voucher to be used within 18 months. This was for a balcony with 4 people in it. The credit was  enough for a 7 day Caribbean cruise in another balcony stateroom.

Edited by Meltdown

On 11/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, hogwildcruzers said:

That is correct, 20% of what we paid pp for that cruise, and the water was fresh water and no sewage at all.....also the credit is to be applied by the date I had said earlier but can cruise whenever date that cruise is booked for!

•  

Or, you can re-read their opening statement, NOTHING SAID about it NOT being sewage.

Just saying!😁😁

1 hour ago, cruisedude29 said:

•  

Just saying!😁😁

So you think raw sewage spewing all over the cabin would be a detail Of the story that the OP would have omitted in its original telling. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnjen said:

Post # 11 in this thread, by the OP, clearly states that it was fresh water.   

Also, I find it hard to believe that the first post here have the tone it did if raw sewage was involved.  Just sayin'. 😄