Drink pkg

george35

We have the classic drink pkg & if we want to up-grade to preimum it would cost $14 a day per person plus %18 grat. per person. We already paid %18 grat. on the classic okg. Wouldnt that make %36 grat.?? Or did I do my math wrong?? We will be on the Equinox.

george35

Usually the upcharge from classic to premium is $10 + 20% gratuity = $12 (per person, per night)

There recently was a $14 (per person, per night) charge for the beverage package perk (on top of any normal cost for the perks). Not sure exactly what your situation is... perhaps more details would help.

55 minutes ago, george35 said:

We have the classic drink pkg & if we want to up-grade to preimum it would cost $14 a day per person plus %18 grat. per person. We already paid %18 grat. on the classic okg. Wouldnt that make %36 grat.?? Or did I do my math wrong?? We will be on the Equinox.

george35

If you upgrade, you only pay the gratuity on the upgraded total.  You've already paid the gratuity for the classic package.

2 hours ago, Swampbabe said:

The 18% would apply to the 14. upcharge

This is not correct. The 14$ up charge is only applied if one on the perks selected at time of booking is drinks package and the charge is added to the overall cost of the cruise. It is not subject to 18% up charge. By the way, if you purchase a drinks package the charge added is now 20% not 18.

2 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

To upgrade, you will pay 10$ + 20% = 12$ per day. Forget about what you have read about 14$ per day as this only applies to bookings made after Oct 10 and is added to overall cruise price that includes drinks package as a perk.

Or just call celebrity and hopefully get less confusing answers than here.  The 14 is a surcharge Per day on overall pkg cost.  Like said above only applies if you booked a cruise after oct 10. Of this year.  It would already be applied if you have classic pkg and purchased a cruise after that date.  Grats charge is now 20%.  

52 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Or just call celebrity and hopefully get less confusing answers than here.  The 14 is a surcharge Per day on overall pkg cost.  Like said above only applies if you booked a cruise after oct 10. Of this year.  It would already be applied if you have classic pkg and purchased a cruise after that date.  Grats charge is now 20%.  

The $14 sur charge only applies if you choose the classic package as a perk after October 10. If you purchase the classic package outright it is the per day cost +20% gratuity.