CPAP on Edge

nextariel

There are only electrical outlets on one side of bed so if both have CPAP, they would need an extension cord. If you just need to plug in your phone on the other side, we moved the phone to that side (the cord that attaches the phone base to the wall is very long and can be run along the head of the bed to the table on the other side. It has a USB port so we were able to plug phones in on both sides.

Edited by vtcruising

2 minutes ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

So happy that there are plugs near the bed.  We always travel with an extension cord for my DH CPAP.  Never had to worry about needing distilled water as the water in the bathrooms are processed anyway.  

Just an FYI, I know you may need the extension cord in hotels however they are forbidden on the ship and could be confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise. 

My husband uses a BiPap and we’re currently on Edge. There is one outlet on the “wrong” side of the bed for our needs. We asked for and got an extension cord. But our room steward told us that they are going to stop giving extension cords soon  unless both people use a machine. The outlet is supposed to eliminate the need for one. 

17 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Is the outlet is on the left side of the bed?

It is on the right when looking at the wall in back of the bed. I checked my pictures of both when the bed is by the bath and when it is by the balcony (with the bed against the opposite wall) and both have the larger bedside table with phone and wall plugs on the right.

10 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We used our own extension cord because we have two CPAP machines (we had to run it across the top of the mattress and they were aware it was there). We were just on the Edge and they told us they were “out” of extension cords.

I thought they would not allow you to bring extension cords on board. Did you have special permission?

10 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I thought they would not allow you to bring extension cords on board. Did you have special permission?

No special permission, and they were aware that we had it. Its just a regular extension cord - you cannot use a surge protector.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, VitaminSea53 said:

Are there outlets on both sides of the bed?

No the outlets are on only one side of the bed.   The USB's are on the opposite side of the bed.   All the cabins I have been in the outlets are on the right side of the bed while laying down.   I wish they put outlets on both sides but if the distance is too far for your cord just ask for an extension cord.

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The USB's are on the opposite side of the bed.

The regular cabins don't have USB ports on the other side unfortunately. We had to move the phone, which had a USB port, to the other side of the bed so we both could charge our phones nearby. A real design error for a brand new cutting edge ship. I hope they were able to add at least the USB port to the other side of the bed on the Apex.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

No the outlets are on only one side of the bed.   The USB's are on the opposite side of the bed.   All the cabins I have been in the outlets are on the right side of the bed while laying down.   I wish they put outlets on both sides but if the distance is too far for your cord just ask for an extension cord.

Vtcruising said above “It is on the right when looking at the wall in back of the bed. I checked my pictures of both when the bed is by the bath and when it is by the balcony (with the bed against the opposite wall) and both have the larger bedside table with phone and wall plugs on the right.”

The way I read this you guys are saying the opposite thing.  Am I confused?

Jim, when standing at the foot of the bed facing the wall behind the bed, is the outlet to your right or left?  Thanks. 

Here are a couple of pictures of bed by bath and bed by balcony (bed not made), with outlets on right for the IV's. Maybe Jim saw some types of cabins that had a different set up.

By Bath

image.jpeg.8dc2318024777fe0a02a76bf63fa19ef.jpeg

By Balcony

image.jpeg.4921e3af1e9fdd3c8cc42034bf25e166.jpeg

Sky Suites:

right side has outlets and phone (with USB port)

image.thumb.jpeg.0dd5535f611aff5a4943794b5b828451.jpeg

left of bed doesn't have outlets or USB port -we moved phone to this side so I could charge my phone near the bed - phone base has a long cord and you can run it along wall behind mattress

image.thumb.png.3e0c3af0b1dc3f6e74c5eb74f034f114.png

Edited by vtcruising

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here are a couple of pictures of bed by bath and bed by balcony (bed not made), with outlets on right for the IV's. Maybe Jim saw some types of cabins that had a different set up.

By Bath

image.jpeg.8dc2318024777fe0a02a76bf63fa19ef.jpeg

By Balcony

image.jpeg.4921e3af1e9fdd3c8cc42034bf25e166.jpeg

Sky Suites:

right side has outlets and phone (with USB port)

image.thumb.jpeg.0dd5535f611aff5a4943794b5b828451.jpeg

left of bed doesn't have outlets or USB port -we moved phone to this side so I could charge my phone near the bed - phone base has a long cord and you can run it along wall behind mattress

image.thumb.png.3e0c3af0b1dc3f6e74c5eb74f034f114.png

Thanks!!  A picture is worth a thousand words. 

13 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Vtcruising said above “It is on the right when looking at the wall in back of the bed. I checked my pictures of both when the bed is by the bath and when it is by the balcony (with the bed against the opposite wall) and both have the larger bedside table with phone and wall plugs on the right.”

The way I read this you guys are saying the opposite thing.  Am I confused?

Jim, when standing at the foot of the bed facing the wall behind the bed, is the outlet to your right or left?  Thanks. 

On Edge the outlet would be on the Left side.    Have to say not much of an "End Table"

74F26E69-13D4-4995-80B5-B070E05A7FF9.thumb.jpeg.e7541a98f70521462c90708117298daa.jpeg

C17F43F5-9ECC-4309-B2A7-522ED037EB8E.thumb.jpeg.094f5eab88ad4822db22dc2c732b0c9f.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Thanks Jim. I am in an IV so I guess it is on different sides in different classes of cabins. That makes sense. 

On Edge in a CS the other side of the bed had 2 USB's plus a Telephone with a USB on it.    I also noticed the phone in the bathroom had a USB (not sure who would use that one).  

On Summit in AQ -  The Right Side of Bed had both the Electrical Oulet and USB Outlet.   The phone was on the Right side and it had one USB.

It sounds like the configuration changes by class and ship.