Sailing on SD II on Nov 23rd

Tiki_Man

Woohoo - the Tiki's are sailing on SDII very soon.

Couple of questions for those "in the know".  Who is the current Capt, Chef and Matre'D on SDII?

Also noticed that there is a new excursion on Nevis called Plantations and Rum or something like that.  Looks like several stops in Charlestown (which we have never explored, just waited to go ashore at Crissy Beach in the past).  Clifton Estate Rum and end up at the bar where they have the Killer Bee's is the description.  If anyone has done this excursion or has experience with these places - was if fun?

Flying into St Marteen next Friday, staying at Sonesta and then onboard the next day in Marigot.  We have never embarked from Marigot so this should be interesting.

Really looking forward to the time away - our daughter got married 2 weeks ago so a week on SD is our gift to each other.

Have not been on SDII for a couple years, just SDI - wonder if we will find our way around (haha).

Will try to update as I "borrow" internet on the different islands.

Cheers

Tiki

Great news that SD has added that excursion in Nevis.  Last year Anna (the Brit) did an impromptu bus ride that took a group of us to Sunshine's (Killer Bees) for a few hours  and I think all enjoyed it. 

On the beach by Sunshine's there are about 5-6 other bars, (Turtle Time, Lime, etc.) that are also fun places with good food (the fish fingers are out of this world) and drinks (Killer Bees are only at Sunshine's though) and not too $$. We've been to many of them (it's like a little beach bar village) and can't wait to return in January.

In St. Martin there are 3-4 Sonesta Hotels.  If you are at the one near Maho Beach walk on down and catch the airline experience at either Sunset Bar or Driftwood Bar. Be sure to take your camera. Crazy Time! 

Have a lovely trip.

2 hours ago, cabosal1 said:

Great news that SD has added that excursion in Nevis.  Last year Anna (the Brit) did an impromptu bus ride that took a group of us to Sunshine's (Killer Bees) for a few hours  and I think all enjoyed it. 

On the beach by Sunshine's there are about 5-6 other bars, (Turtle Time, Lime, etc.) that are also fun places with good food (the fish fingers are out of this world) and drinks (Killer Bees are only at Sunshine's though) and not too $$. We've been to many of them (it's like a little beach bar village) and can't wait to return in January.

In St. Martin there are 3-4 Sonesta Hotels.  If you are at the one near Maho Beach walk on down and catch the airline experience at either Sunset Bar or Driftwood Bar. Be sure to take your camera. Crazy Time! 

Have a lovely trip.

We are with you Cabosal.  Were at Maho Beach a couple of weeks ago and pleased to see the Sunset and Driftwood fully repaired and open for biz.  I am also crazy enough to enjoy playing with the big jets....🍹😎

Carbosal1, we are at the Sonesta at Maho, and yes hope to enjoy watching the planes.  Been to Sunset before and watched from the bay on a Cat., very fun to see those big birds that close.

I think we will give the Nevis excursion a try.  Anna is so much fun, maybe she will be on board this time also.

Hoping for Silvio as Matre'd since he has moved over to SD2 but most importantly looking forward to the entire SD staff.

1 week till wheels up

Cheers

21 hours ago, Zimmy said:

Can't answer any of your questions, Tiki, but I want to wish you both Bon Voyage. We will be on SDII in January.

Zimmy, thanks for the well wishes.  We will do our best to keep SDII in good shape for your January sailing.

Cheers

• Members

Hi! I'm on this sailing too. First time on SeaDream so looking forward to it. 

I heard from this sailing is far from being sold out. I believe we'll be sailing about half full? So will be nice and quiet over the holiday (but hopefully fun!) 

I'm particularly looking forward to this sailing as it's one of the wine cruises. Fewer people onboard maybe means more Champagne for us! We've been to all of the islands on this itinerary so we're looking forward to seeing what's unique about SeaDream and what they have to offer. 

My husband and I are also flying in next Friday. We're staying up near Grand Case at a hotel called L'Esplanade. I was in St. Martin/St. Maarten after it reopened to cruise ships after Irma but haven't been back since. Looking forward to seeing how the island, particularly the French side, is faring. 

Edited by Cruise Critic Chris

2 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

I heard from this sailing is far from being sold out. I believe we'll be sailing about half full? So will be nice and quiet over the holiday (but hopefully fun!) 

As wonderful as SD is with a full ship, it is absolutely AMAZING with a smaller passenger load. You are so lucky! Enjoy.

You will have a great time!  We were just on SD2 for the crossing and an earlier voyage.  Jamie  is back from vacation as the Hotel Manager (Christophe was on before the crossing), Nicola from Sardinia is the maitre d’ (great guy you will like him), Fleet Chef Tomasz was our SD2 chef while we were onboard  (rumor has it a new SD2 chef under him is arriving soon so Tomasz will be on as well - he jumps between ships as we know), Taylor is the Club Director and Anna is the Activities Manager.  Oh, can’t forget the Captain - Steinar.   All top notch from our recent experience.  Enjoy!

15 hours ago, JES4845 said:

You will have a great time!  We were just on SD2 for the crossing and an earlier voyage.  Jamie  is back from vacation as the Hotel Manager (Christophe was on before the crossing), Nicola from Sardinia is the maitre d’ (great guy you will like him), Fleet Chef Tomasz was our SD2 chef while we were onboard  (rumor has it a new SD2 chef under him is arriving soon so Tomasz will be on as well - he jumps between ships as we know), Taylor is the Club Director and Anna is the Activities Manager.  Oh, can’t forget the Captain - Steinar.   All top notch from our recent experience.  Enjoy!

Thanks for the update of staff, that is fantastic news.  Jamie is great and if Tomaz is aboard I may have to pack some loose fitting pants for the flight home Haha.  Steinar always has wonderful stories of Seadream.  Can't wait, 5 days.

19 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi! I'm on this sailing too. First time on SeaDream so looking forward to it. 

I'm particularly looking forward to this sailing as it's one of the wine cruises. Fewer people onboard maybe means more Champagne for us! We've been to all of the islands on this itinerary so we're looking forward to seeing what's unique about SeaDream and what they have to offer. 

My husband and I are also flying in next Friday. We're staying up near Grand Case at a hotel called L'Esplanade. I was in St. Martin/St. Maarten after it reopened to cruise ships after Irma but haven't been back since. Looking forward to seeing how the island, particularly the French side, is faring. 

Chris, look forward to meeting you and your husband.  Half full would be great (lowest pax count we have ever experienced was 45, also on a Thanksgiving sailing just after the hurricane a couple years ago).  We have been to all of these islands before also, so we usually go ashore for a brief moment but always back for a civilized wine lunch onboard, maybe our favorite part of Seadream.

Ironically we meet a large group from Bucks County 2 sailings ago.  Seadream must be popular with the folks up there.

See ya in a few days.

Cheers

Mark and Mary

Monday in St Barths.   Only 31 passengers which is amazing.  94 crew for 31 pax. I like the ratio haha.  All is good and the crew is amazing.  Not much Internet today but more tomorrow in Nevis and will do more update.  Weather is perfect and about to try out a brand new jet ski in St Barths.  Cheers.  

Tiki