Which Beverage Package?

cr83687

Trying to decide which beverage package to get. The standard is for cocktails up to $11 and the preimer is up to $15. I'm a martini drinker can someone tell me what the price of the martinis are? I know you can request the top of the line liquor but how about just your standard.

For just about any mixed drink, all beers, and most liquors, the SBP ($11 limit) will be perfect.   If you are a wine snob, or like your single malt, then the elite package ($15 limit) will be better.   

My DW loves espresso martinis.  All vodkas except 2 are included for $11 and under.  Most tequilas,  many scotch and brandy selections.   Wines are the only area where the elite package will help, if you are picky about your wines.

The SBP or EBP can be used at any bar service on the ship, including the MDR.   Also, some have mentioned that the after dinner cordials on the desert menu, which come with a souvenir glass is an extra charge.  We have boxes full of those souvenir glasses from many cruises, and we have never paid anything extra to take the glass home with us.  actually, we have so many, we are giving them away as Christmas gifts.   

With either beverage package, you also get unlimited sodas, bottles of water, still or sparkling, specialty coffees, and they do NOT count towards your 15 drink daily limit. 

On 5/15/2019 at 8:31 AM, fatcat04 said:

A regular martini looks to be $8.75. Here is the best site around for all bar menus on HAL. This site is a great resource. http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-beverage-menus

At the bottom of that page is the link to the Beverage Package representative inclusions. Some may vary by ship or sailing, but you can get the idea. Mixed drinks are priced by the liquor that's in them, in general.

Edited by crystalspin

If a regular martini is $8.75, but you prefer a specific Vodka, does it make sense that the martini will be the additional $1.00 that is mentioned for a premium spirit upgrade on the cocktails? 

For instance, Grey Goose stand alone is listed at $8.50. Entry level pricing on vodka is $7.25. If I want a Grey Goose martini, is that price going to be $9.75? 

I am not sure you necessarily need to be a be a wine snob to be disappointed in the wine list for either beverage package. In looking at these lists, the wines added for the Elite are not much of a step up, and there really aren’t that many additional that are in the $11-$15 category. JMHO.