I found "Americas Test Kitchen"

friendswithdave

1 hour ago, friendswithdave said:

ATK didn't just disappear - it jumped ship. Gone from NS and Koningsdam, it just reappeared on Carnival Panorama called "Carnival Kitchen". Looks like a more hands-on experience - with a hefty fee. Learn more here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4760/

Actually the lowest fee ($30) is right in line with HAL’s old hands on experience which was very good.  It was $29 with lunch in the PG.

Just now, Vineyard View said:

Are hands on cooking classes still offered?  I enjoyed those on sea days. 

They are basically demonstrations now IMO.  Not like the old “hands on” cooking classes.  I’ve seen the same classes offered on several cruises and we don’t cruise that often 😉 

We just got off the Nieuw Statendam 11/10 and enjoyed America's Test Kitchen on the sea days. 

DW is now incorporating some of the recipes for Thanksgiving.  We enjoyed it and the presenter did a great job.  It was held in the World Stage and was well attended.

(Hoping the chocolate brownies she made the last day will shop up in our kitchen soon....DW also bought the apron!)

The cooking classes from years ago were good. You had a small group that stood around a central island. People in the class performed various prep work and depending on the chef you could learn some fun and interesting techniques. And you were allowed to eat what you made with a glass of wine. Recipe cards and aprons were included in the class fee. I thought it was worth the price for something fun to do on a sea day.

11 hours ago, Sea42 said:

The cooking classes from years ago were good. You had a small group that stood around a central island. People in the class performed various prep work and depending on the chef you could learn some fun and interesting techniques. And you were allowed to eat what you made with a glass of wine. Recipe cards and aprons were included in the class fee. I thought it was worth the price for something fun to do on a sea day.

That is what I was looking forward to again. It’s been a few years since we sailed HAL - thank you for the updated information, although this sounds like old news!