Upgrade yippee / boarding pass problem

ziggyuk

My tickets become available last night so I printed off the etickets.

I was happy to see we have been upgraded from an inside on deck 8 on the Fantasia to a balcony on deck 12 (B2), amazed they did not inform me and make a big deal over the free upgrade, lovely surprise all the same.

I got my e-tickets OK but when I click the boarding pass it says "There was an error processing your request. Please, try again later!".

Do I actually need the boarding pass? My tickets have a tear off section at the bottom with a barcode for the ship and passenger receipt for me.

No big deal, if it does not become available in the next couple of weeks I will just call them, just wondering if I really need it as it looks like I have a boarding pass on my tickets.

Congrats on the upgrade, Ziggy.  MSC never inform you and, unless you check your booking online, you won't know 'til you get your tickets that you've been upgraded.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about a boarding pass.  If you've printed the ticket with the tear-off section at the bottom and all the info on it, then that is your cruise ticket.  They don't always tear that bit off and return it to you;  they sometimes return the whole page or keep it all (in our experience).

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Congrats on the upgrade, Ziggy.  MSC never inform you and, unless you check your booking online, you won't know 'til you get your tickets that you've been upgraded.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about a boarding pass.  If you've printed the ticket with the tear-off section at the bottom and all the info on it, then that is your cruise ticket.  They don't always tear that bit off and return it to you;  they sometimes return the whole page or keep it all (in our experience).

Thanks Bea, I am so happy at the upgrade.

This is the webpage with the two downloads, I clicked the tickets and got those but you can see when I click "Boarding Pass" I get the red error (top left in red), from what you say we have all we need, thank you.

image.thumb.png.6f9db4c9716dafe14c545091a820acd4.png

Ah ... we don't get anything like that.  Either MSC or the TA (depending on who we book with) send the tickets by email.  Never heard of a boarding pass before.  Just wondering if it's to do with the region you're sailing in.  🤔

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  I'd love to hear how you get on.  It's an unusual one.  I'm curious about the demographic onboard.  Will it be mainly Brazilians do you think?  We did a TA from Santos and it was nearly all Brazilians onboard with everything in Portugese.

Edited by Beamafar

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Ah ... we don't get anything like that.  Either MSC or the TA (depending on who we book with) send the tickets by email.  Never heard of a boarding pass before.  Just wondering if it's to do with the region you're sailing in.  🤔

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  I'd love to hear how you get on.  It's an unusual one.  I'm curious about the demographic onboard.  Will it be mainly Brazilians do you think?  We did a TA from Santos and it was nearly all Brazilians onboard with everything in Portugese.

Aww thank you, we will have a wonderful time I'm certain, I have never been to Brazil, Argentina or Uruguay before so It's certain to be great, with 3 sea days the balcony upgrade will be very welcome. 😁

If I can't make the link work in the next week I will call them and check I have everything I need, I suspect you are right and I already do.

I think you are correct about the demographic, there is a big Facebook group for this sailing with every member being Brazilian and it's all in Portuguese. There are only 4 members in the CC roll call but I know that's normal for MSC.

I will try and report back on the experience.

Just to update, I finally managed to download the boarding passes today, they are completely unnecessary as it is just a duplicate of the embarkation form which is already included in the tickets.

If anyone else finds themselves unable to download the boarding pass, don't worry, as long as you have the tickets you have all you need.

We turned up at Miami port to board Seaside with nothing printed out, just the email confirmation on my phone. It was no problem, they just look up your name on the computer. It was necessary, though, to have our Estas downloaded to the phone, luckily we had. Ken