World's Leading Cruise Lines AMEX offer is back

rocklinmom

12 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

We have 2 different card numbers (and 2 different logins) for our Delta Platinum Amex.  I used the backdoor link and added the offer to both cards using the 2 different logins.  The TA had Princess charge $500 to each card.  We immediately got an email saying my husband's card had used the offer.. and the $100 credit has been posted to the account.  But we never got the email that I had used the offer on my card.. and the credit is still not showing as posted to the account for my card.  I KNOW the offer was on there before the charge was made, and when we didn't get the 2nd email saying I had used my offer, I double-checked it and it was still showing up in my "offers added to the card"... But today, when I was checking to see if the credit had posted, I looked again and it is not showing up in the offers on my card... Any suggestions on what to do?  The Amex website says if the credits aren't posted after 90 days, you should contact them... Should I contact them now?  Or did they figure out it was the same account, just 2 different cards, and we aren't eligible for the offer?  

I would suggest just waiting, I don't always get an email and sometimes it takes a few extra days on one card vs. another for no apparent reason. If the credit doesn't show up after a week or two (especially with the holiday) of the charge posting then you can give Amex a call but I doubt that will be necessary and they would probably just tell you to wait until 90 days anyways. You are eligible to use it on the main and authorized user card as long as the authorized user has their own login and the card number is different so it sounds like everything is fine there, no worries about eligibility.

Edited by ravensbad

On 11/18/2019 at 12:00 PM, chamima said:

How did you purchase FCDs? Were you on a cruise?

Yes, we were on a cruise. The charges showed up separately (six times $100) , but since they added up to more than $500, I still received the $100 credit on my Amex account.

23 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

Thanks, ravensbad.... I was hoping that would be the case... I really didn't want to prepay an extra $500 and not get the $100 credit!  

Check to see if it is under your "Savings".  We had one under that for 3 days before the actual credit posted on the account.

8 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Check to see if it is under your "Savings".  We had one under that for 3 days before the actual credit posted on the account.

On 11/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, ravensbad said:

I would suggest just waiting, I don't always get an email and sometimes it takes a few extra days on one card vs. another for no apparent reason. If the credit doesn't show up after a week or two (especially with the holiday) of the charge posting then you can give Amex a call but I doubt that will be necessary and they would probably just tell you to wait until 90 days anyways. You are eligible to use it on the main and authorized user card as long as the authorized user has their own login and the card number is different so it sounds like everything is fine there, no worries about eligibility.

The 2nd credit posted yesterday... you were both right!  Thanks to the person who posted the backdoor link!

Still Waiting for my 10,000 Points to post. They see the points are earned but are pending it has been 11 days since the charge posted. With the princess offer it took the points 8 days to post so hopefully they post soon. Anyone else have this happen with the points offers? The cash back always comes back within 2 days for me not sure why the points take so long to post.

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We board in 2 weeks, think I will use my AMEX to book FCC's to get the $100 credit.  Sounds like that is working for others.

I believe it says that it cannot be used for purchases onboard. 

25 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Reading thru the thread, it appears people were using it for FCC's, which technically are not an on board purchase as they are charged separately to your card from your onboard account.

Can someone confirm?

36 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

9 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Reading thru the thread, it appears people were using it for FCC's, which technically are not an on board purchase as they are charged separately to your card from your onboard account.

Can someone confirm?

FCCs are charged DIRECTLY to the card you have registered to pay for your onboard charges.

They don't get charged to your onboard account so don't appear as onboard charges.

15 hours ago, chamima said:

FCCs are charged DIRECTLY to the card you have registered to pay for your onboard charges.

They don't get charged to your onboard account so don't appear as onboard charges.

Or any other card that you can request them to be charged to. It does not have to be the card used for the onboard account.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jameslee said:

I just want to make sure this can work on multiple purchases totaling over $500 right, does not need to be 1 purchase

This is me, I would prefer to buy FCC's onboard, but those would be I guess 5 $100 purchases ran one after the other, want to know if anyone has done this and it still given them the credit?

11 hours ago, jameslee said:

I know if you book onboard credit it works for princess but does it work for carnival or holland america onboard credit too?

It worked for me 2 summers ago on Holland America buying onboard credit pre-cruise.

So I decided to not change the FCC's and instead bought OBC.  It's not showing up in my online personalizer for the cruise yet, does that typically take some time to display?  I purchased it yesterday.  Or does purchased OBC not show up in your payment/OBC section at all since you purchased it?

Edit:  I do see it under my Purchases for the cruise, so maybe that's the only place it displays?

Edited by kywildcatfanone

On 12/4/2019 at 3:49 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

So I decided to not change the FCC's and instead bought OBC.  It's not showing up in my online personalizer for the cruise yet, does that typically take some time to display?  I purchased it yesterday.  Or does purchased OBC not show up in your payment/OBC section at all since you purchased it?

Edit:  I do see it under my Purchases for the cruise, so maybe that's the only place it displays?

Yes if I recall the purchased OBC only shows up under the Onboard Purchases section. It should also show on your Travel Summary. 

Just FYI - I usually convert AmEx points to Carnival gift cards before I cruise, then cash them in on board.  Just looked on the AmEx website, they no longer have Carnival gift cards as an option.  You can use AmEx gift cards to buy on board credit ahead of your sail date, but the Carnival gift cards had a much better exchange rate, points wise.

My apologies, but I did not read through all six pages of responses to this thread looking for an answer but I wanted to ask a question. This past week our TA attempted to put through a payment on our Royal cruise using one of our DD's Amex cards that had the WLCL-Amex offer. The TA provided all the relevant info about the Amex card to Princess (card data, cardholder name and address) but Princess insisted on having our DD's phone number and email address before processing the charge. We told our TA to hold off on providing that info though our DD didn't care if we did. My question: has anyone had the cruise line want additional info about the payment simply because the person paying was not on the booking (that was Princess's explanation for wanting the phone number and email)? We've done this many times on other WLCL lines (HAL, Carnival, etc.) and never had this happen. TIA!

After trying all the tips and tricks in this thread and in the Celebrity one multiple times, I never was able to get the offer on my card (Delta, so not surprising). However, last night, I was at dinner with my brother and found out that he has an AmEx Blue card. I asked him to check to see if the offer was there. He had never heard of rebate offers like this (I swear, we really are related, I got the penny-pincher and investor genes, he did not, though he does have an economics degree). Anyway, he added the offers and several others he might use, then gave me his card number.

Today, I called our mutual friend and travel agent, and had him make $500 payments on upcoming Princess and Celebrity cruises. I'll write my brother a check for $800 ($1000-$250+$50, to thank him for letting me do this).

While we were talking, Jack (oops, I mentioned a TA) said, "Hey, I also have an offer of $225 off of $750 on Oceania on my AmEx card. How 'bout I charge $750 toward your 2021 Oceania cruise and split the rebate with you?" I was thrilled! Every dollar counts!

@joepeka, can you have your TA just make the charges himself through one of the TA portals? I do not understand why s/he would call for something as simple as making a partial payment, but I'm fairly new to cruising and am used to having my friend/TA spoil us rotten.