NCL Portland Maine to Hawaii

pyrotaz

Booked a NCL Hawaii Pride of America cruise for my wife's and mine 25 Anniversary Oct 2nd -9th 2021. We payed for the reduced flights and I have a few questions. I'm aware its a little early just trying to prepare. 

1. What airlines can we expect to fly on?
  2. Would it be smart to book a Pre-cruise hotel or will they book one for use seeing we may have to fly the day before? We would love to see Pearl Harbor. 

36 minutes ago, pyrotaz said:

Booked a NCL Hawaii Pride of America cruise for my wife's and mine 25 Anniversary Oct 2nd -9th 2021. We payed for the reduced flights and I have a few questions. I'm aware its a little early just trying to prepare. 

1. What airlines can we expect to fly on?
  2. Would it be smart to book a Pre-cruise hotel or will they book one for use seeing we may have to fly the day before? We would love to see Pearl Harbor. 

The only thing I can answer is the first one - and the answer is who knows. NCL is going to find whatever airfare is cheapest for them at any given time. Look for every airline that flies to PWM, every airline that flies to HNL, and assume you could be on any of them...even a combo (for example JetBlue PWM-JFK, and Hawaiian JFK-HNL). 

They aren't just going to include a hotel unless you asked and paid for a hotel in your package. We would book all of this on our own, but that is your choice.

And agree...the cruise line will book whatever is cheapest that meets NCL's needs, (and indirectly, yours, with a slight consideration for your overall comfort) at the moment.

21 hours ago, pyrotaz said:
  1. Would it be smart to book a Pre-cruise hotel or will they book one for use seeing we may have to fly the day before? We would love to see Pearl Harbor. 

People fly to embarkation ports before the day of embarkation all the time, and the cruise line does not automatically book you a hotel.  You can have them do it, but they usually charge per person rather than per room, so it's usually more expensive than what you could book on your own.

• 1 year later...
On 11/15/2019 at 5:46 AM, pyrotaz said:

Would it be smart to book a Pre-cruise hotel or will they book one for use seeing we may have to fly the day before? 

Given the distance you will have to travel and the time difference between Maine and Hawaii, you will want to get to Honolulu at least several days in advance if possible to help with jet lag.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

When booking air through the cruise line, domestic flights are usually not quite the bargain as International flights. And as has been said, you are in for a very long flight. Get in at least a couple days ahead and book your own hotel.