Rookie questions

MNSUE

I searched with the search bar and nothing came up. Im not finding that search function very helpful, sorry to say.  So, we booked yesterday, through a Federal employee travel agent for the 2/8/20 sailing of the Equinox. Booked Concierge cabin 1405 Aft because it was actually cheaper than veranda balcony, even with the 4 perks and the OBC added by the TA & Celebrity. We did get the millitary discount as well. As part of my package, I was given 4 predetermined perks. 2 of which were gratuities and a drink package. Im not sure WHICH drink package it is and if it is the classic one, Id like to upgrade to premium. 

When I look at my "manage cruise" thing none of my 4 "perks" are listed, except for my OBC. How is one to upgrade from classic to premium drink package if it isnt listed anywhere?

What is the Xpress Pass that you all are talking about?

Does anyone  have info, comments and or pictures of cabin 1405?  I searched it on You Tube and Google and nothing came up.  Good? Bad? Ugly? lol

Im sure I will drive you all crazy with questions and comments well before we ever sail! lmao

Thank you for your help!

Sue  🤔

Thanks cruisestitch. I did read about the generalities of a concierge cabin before booking. Just wondering if anyone here has stayed in this specific cabin and can tell me if I made a good decision or may have pictures of the balcony/room/view.  Also need help with that missing info in "manage cruise" thing. 

I just recently purchased an equinox cruise also. Your contract should show your perks, but most probably you have premium package, gratuities, wifi, and OBC of at least 300 from X and something else from your travel agent. You will get the xpass when you do checkin about 30 - 50 days from departure date. Have fun. Search site for specific cabin information. 

• Thanks 1

MNSUE, I think the S-class spread sheet cruisestitch is referring to is a “sticky”, one of the first topics in the cruisecritic Celebrity Forum. It has information on  specific cabins on specific ships.  I have found valuable information there in the past.  

When the premium package isn’t one of our perks, we upgrade as soon as we board.   It’s quick and easy by going up to any bar.  It will make a bartender very happy and might help in ensuring prompt service from him the rest of the cruise!  

Enjoy your cruise! 

• Thanks 1

Ask your TA for the Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy.  Everything will be displayed on there.  It takes a few days for the "perks" to get loaded correctly.  Celebrity's IT department is not exactly top notch.  But you will love the Equinox!  And a good escape from Minnesota winter.  Once upon a time, I lived there.

The only problem with aft cabins on Equinox is that they are far from the elevators.  If that doesn't bother you, you'll enjoy watching the wake.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MNSUE said:

Im not sure WHICH drink package it is and if it is the classic one, Id like to upgrade to premium. 

Depending on the promotion you booked under, it could be either. As @Happy Cruiser 6143 stated, look for the confirmation from your TA. If you do need to upgrade, it is easier to just call into Celebrity as I've found upgrading the beverage package online to be near impossible. Prepare for a 30 minute hold time.

When I look at my "manage cruise" thing none of my 4 "perks" are listed, except for my OBC. How is one to upgrade from classic to premium drink package if it isnt listed anywhere?

You are experiencing the excellent (sarcasm!) Celebrity website. The good thing is that the website is NOT reflective of the onboard experience. In all my bookings (whether from a TA or onboard as ship), I have not seen my beverage package, tips, or WiFi show up online. They (thankfully) ARE there on the ship. I always bring a print out of the TA confirmation to address any issues.

What is the Xpress Pass that you all are talking about?

The Xpress Pass (as mentioned by @cruisestitch ) is just the boarding pass. It means you have filled out all the required information (passport, credit card, emergency contact, how you want to give all your worldly possessions to me 😉).

Happy sailing - I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

1405 is a marvelous aft wake view you got very lucky on that location. If you booked under the Veterans Day promotion you should have the premium beverage package. Welcome to cruising

• Thanks 1

If you have the 4 perks the beverage package already is the Premium package no need to upgrade

Offer Terms & Conditions

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08, select sailings and based on double occupancy.

Offer is capacity controlled: availability varies by sailing and eligible staterooms may sell out. Offer applies to 4-night and longer cruises that are booked at least 10 days prior to departure. Offer excludes Galapagos, transatlantic, transpacific, Asia and South America repositioning cruises.

Offer provides each of the first two guests in an ocean view and above stateroom booking with choice of a complimentary amenity including a classic beverage package, unlimited internet package, $150 per person onboard credit ("OBC"), or pre-paid gratuities. For an additional charge, select the 2 Perks option and receive a choice of two amenities or the 4 Perks option and receive all four amenities plus an upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package. Charge varies by option and cruise night.

Guests in the same staterooms must select the same option(s), notify celebrity of the selected option(s) at the time of booking and provide the applicable promo name. Promo codes are not required.

Offer also provides each third and higher occupancy guest who is booked in a triple or higher occupancy qualifying booking stateroom with one 40-minute internet package and one classic non-alcoholic beverage package. Internet usage terms apply.

Classic beverage package option includes beverages up to $9 per serving, all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water, and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Classic non-alcoholic beverage package includes all soda selections, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Terms of celebrity's alcohol policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking.

Free gratuities option provides for free stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by celebrity's guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date.

Guests with internet packages will receive instructions for internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. The guests' stateroom folio will be credited with an onboard credit. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the final night of the cruise.

Offers are applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group, which must be named and deposited during the offer period. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the qualifying booking. Offers exclude interior staterooms, are not combinable with book & go, exciting deals, interline, senior, resident, net rates, travel agent, and employee rates. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offers and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings eligible for offers.

Refer to the cruise ticket contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

I just typed celebrity equinox cabin 1405 into Google and got a link through to a website with photos. I’m not entirely sure I’m allowed to post the link but the website is not a travel agent so here it is and if not allowed I’m sure someone will let me know.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox&cabin=1405

Happy cruising.