Anthem changed itinerary 11/16/19

1 minute ago, CruiseKeeper said:

I just asked how many people cancelled the cruise and heard they don’t know yet as some people are still disembarking but others are also joining the ship today. 

Don't see how that's possible - the turnaround day was yesterday and can't see how anyone from the previous voyage could still be on board (besides B2Bers).

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't see how that's possible - the turnaround day was yesterday and can't see how anyone from the previous voyage could still be on board (besides B2Bers).

My guess is they are making accommodations for those that could have traveled far to get here and don’t like the options offered once they arrived yesterday. I also don’t understand people arriving today.  I’m hoping for more info later. 

I doubt they would do it but a nice gesture would be to run shuttles into City for those that would like to spend day there. Maybe even if a low cost excursion pricing? For out of towners might prove to be a good deal.

George in NY

28 minutes ago, Georgeny said:

I doubt they would do it but a nice gesture would be to run shuttles into City for those that would like to spend day there. Maybe even if a low cost excursion pricing? For out of towners might prove to be a good deal.

George in NY

They must have heard you!  Shuttles now available.  The captain did not say whether the shuttles are free or not.  All aboard is tomorrow morning at 8AM.  I think he said the shuttles would be able to take you to the high speed line.  

Edited by CruiseKeeper

58 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

They must have heard you!  Shuttles now available.  The captain did not say whether the shuttles are free or not.  All aboard is tomorrow morning at 8AM.  I think he said the shuttles would be able to take you to the high speed line.  

What is the High speed Line?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

What is the High speed Line?

I believe that's the Hudson-Bergen light-rail, which will get people to a transfer point to cross the river to NYC.  There's a stop out on 440 right near where you exit the port.

2 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Shuttles are complimentary.  

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, CruiseKeeper said:
ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We know many of you have been keeping tabs on the weather in anticipation for your cruise tomorrow. Along with the help of our Chief Meteorologist, James Van Fleet, and our team of nautical experts we have been, too.  

Currently, the situation is very fluid. The storm is quickly developing and with this particular storm, the swells have been higher than what’s being reported on the daily forecasts. So, we are being extra cautious and ensuring we have a good plan in place. Our goal is to always stay as close to our original itinerary. But given this information, this may not be the case.

We’re being as transparent as possible, as early as possible, to help you plan the best cruise. Below, are the considerations we’re making through this decision process given what we already know:

• First and foremost, your safety is our highest priority.
  • We don’t want to make a decision too early and miss out on being able to take you to the Bahamas.
  • Due to the way the storm’s moving and the swells it’s creating, we already know we will be unable to visit Port Canaveral, Florida.
  • There is a potential for impact to our visit to Nassau, Bahamas and Perfect Day at CocoCay.

So, what’s the plan? We have a couple, actually. 

• Plan A: Currently, we hope to sail around the storm and stick to our Bahamas itinerary, and as long as it’s safe, we’ll visit Nassau and Perfect Day at CocoCay.
  • Plan B: Should it be unsafe to stick to our original itinerary, we would visit Bermuda and overnight there. Bermuda is a snorkeler’s paradise, from the pink sand beaches, to the historic towns of St. George’s or Hamilton, and the natural wonders of Crystal and Fantasy cave, there really is something for everyone to enjoy. So, it would still be an awesome cruise! 

As our newly reimagined private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay is very special to us and we are really looking forward to sharing it with you. If we don’t make it to Perfect Day at CocoCay, we’ll provide a Future Cruise Certificate for the value of one day in the hopes you’ll be able to sail with us again and experience this one-of-a-kind destination.

Now, we understand with this uncertainty some of our guests may want to cancel their sailing. If you choose to do so, we’ll miss you onboard Anthem of the Seas. For cancelling, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the value of 100% of your cancelled cruise fare and a refund of any taxes and fees, also any amenities and packages - like internet, beverage, and dining. You can expect to receive your refund 3 to 5 days after the sailing ends. As the cruise will still be sailing, we won’t be covering any travel expenses incurred to get you to/from the ship.   

Our intention is to keep you informed every step of the way, so you know what to expect. We’ll provide another update for you Saturday morning

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow in Cape Liberty and aboard Anthem of the Seas!

Sincerely, 

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

2 minutes ago, Arridman said:

Not a future cruise credit.  A refund.

Not according to the letter posted above.

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not according to the letter posted above.

10 minutes ago, Arridman said:

Well that's what the supervisor told me on the phone.  However, either way, we cruise Royal a lot and will be booking another cruise soon.

This is standard operating procedure.  🙂 FCC for the fare part.

• Like 2