Souvenirs

anniedave

On 11/23/2019 at 7:28 AM, ilikeanswers said:

I watched a Finish documentary of a man who took everything he owned literally everything, his apartment was completely empty and put it all into storage. The idea was everyday he would pick one item to take home. He was suppose to do this for a year but about five months in he found he didn't want to take anything else back and eventually stopped going to the storage unit. At the end of the documentary he got rid of all the things he realised he never needed🤗

Good story!  I go by the axiom, "if I don't use it within a year, I don't need it".   Sadly, instead of tossing that unnecessary object into the trash, I would put it in our attic.  

As far as cruise souvenirs, we collected magnets from the various ports.  Long ago they filled up the front and side of our refrigerator.  Now they adorn the larger and more numerous metal cabinets I installed in our garage.

My oldest souvenir is a bottle opener from Rotterdam from the 1970’s shows picture of the ship, have dozens of key cards, and a few Christmas ornaments from the different ships and many more from Caribbean islands and Europe, mostly Italy.