New Cruise Personaliser

BarnhamDave

14 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I managed to book some excursions for my March cruise a week or so ago, though the stupid new categorisation system didn't make finding the most suitable ones at all easy.

That categorisation thing is really rubbish!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

That categorisation thing is really rubbish!

I agree with you on that. I suggest you ignore the categorisation and click on “Discover More” which takes you to a page where you can see experiences for each port.

• Like 2

We have 257 days before we sail on Britannia in September so decided to look at the Shore Experiences available (if any) at this time to be greeted with this message...

There are fewer than three days to your departure date, so booking online is no longer available. Please visit the shore experiences team on board your ship to book.

Hay ho looks like we will have to leave it a bit longer! 😉

Well, have just decided to 'give it a go', even though we don't sail until August. (Just to see how things look now that it has settled down).

Drives me nuts that we still have to keep putting our booking reference in for an individual cruise as it would be much easier if you had a personal username and password and it took you to your own page and all / any cruises you had booked available. (Celebrity use this system and it is much easier ….. well, until you forget your password … ha ha)

Must admit, when entering the date of birth I had to laugh. Why does it go down to 1882 ?? I know that there can be an elderly profile on some P&O cruises but which IT wizard came up with 1882 ?? Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anyway, I'll keep checking it out and hope that it gets closer as August approaches ...

We're booked on an October RCI cruise next year and their cruise planner is light years ahead of P&O's. For a start it's much easier to navigate. And it's been possible for a while now to book online select dining, my time dining, shore excursions and spa treatments, and buy internet and gifts. It's not yet possible to pre-book entertainment but at some stage you can reserve seats at shows. None of this is available yet on our June P&O cruise next year. It's been said by many others on here but P&O really needs to up their game.

Hi Kenhem, much as we love P&O have to agree with you re the cruise planner. On Celebrity the excursions were available to view out as 18 months from the cruise. Oh well, keeps us in suspense I suppose, but knowing a long way out helped us to budget better and book excursions gradually

On 12/29/2019 at 12:43 PM, Les_ldh said:

I agree with you on that. I suggest you ignore the categorisation and click on “Discover More” which takes you to a page where you can see experiences for each port.

Thanks for that tip. But they hide it well, don't they?

21 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

Thanks for that tip. But they hide it well, don't they?

On ours they only show you a few but we are a way off yet. What makes me smile is that you click on shore excursions and then a port …. and then get excursions for every port. Very confused dot com. but it is all part of the experience and will forgive them ;-)

15 hours ago, Presto2 said:

On ours they only show you a few but we are a way off yet. What makes me smile is that you click on shore excursions and then a port …. and then get excursions for every port. Very confused dot com. but it is all part of the experience and will forgive them 😉

I meant that they hide the "Discover More" link well, which as the previous poster explained does allow you to view all the excursions for a particular port.

20 hours ago, Presto2 said:

On ours they only show you a few but we are a way off yet. What makes me smile is that you click on shore excursions and then a port …. and then get excursions for every port. Very confused dot com. but it is all part of the experience and will forgive them 😉

We are on one of the Canaries cruises on Oceana that replaced the cancelled Arabian Gulf ones next Spring. Our individual ports have both the Canaries excursions and all the Middle East ones that would have been on the same day for each port !!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bee-ess said:

We are on one of the Canaries cruises on Oceana that replaced the cancelled Arabian Gulf ones next Spring. Our individual ports have both the Canaries excursions and all the Middle East ones that would have been on the same day for each port !!

I doubt you'd make it back for dinner if you chose one!😉

19 hours ago, happy v said:

I doubt you'd make it back for dinner if you chose one!😉

I was tempted to book one to see what happened but that would probably be the only time it successfully took my money !!

The whole system is a pile of junk  our friends who have been on 30+ P&O cruises tried to book a tour today in the Canaries and the new system says that they do not have a loyalty grade and checked them out at full price !!  Needless to say there will a phone call to P&O tomorrow, I would not want to take that one.

• Like 1

Hi All.

Now although I read these threads everyday I very rarely post.

The new Personaliser/my cruise website does not work with Safari (iPads).  Now because most of the population uses iPads and not computers this is problematic.

I am a real fan of P & O, having done 40 cruises and don’t wish to complain but really who does their IT.

Even small companies manage to have a semi decent website.  Come on P & O, sort your IT out.  Spend some money and get a decent IT package.

26 minutes ago, posford said:

Hi All.

The new Personaliser/my cruise website does not work with Safari (iPads).  Now because most of the population uses iPads and not computers this is problematic.

I am a real fan of P & O, having done 40 cruises and don’t wish to complain but really who does their IT.

Even small companies manage to have a semi decent website.  Come on P & O, sort your IT out.  Spend some money and get a decent IT package.

Not entirely true, I imagine that Android will have almost as many if not more users, and if its only Safari that's the problem you could download the much more sophisticated Chrome or Firefox browsers instead.😎

I had the same problem but it was not just p and o many more apps would not work correctly on my 5 year old ipad so I bought a samsung tabA on ventura Using obc got a good price and find everything now works again although still waiting for everything on the new personeliser but at least I can now get into it and hoping by April will function correctly fingers crossed. 

With respect terrierjohn, though I was an. IT consultant before I retired, I’m not sure many contributors to these boards know how to change search engines. P & O should ensure that their IT works on all platforms.

• Like 1

I found with my ipad that it wouldn't work because it wouldn't update to the latest iOS anymore so many apps I used would not work .I changed the search engines but still no good . So as I say changed to samsung tab and suits me .Still use iPad for tv apps and face timing till the battery gives up 

After earlier problems with Cruise Personaliser on my mini iPad, I can now see all 4 of our booked cruises. I have booked the Limelight Club for our 29 February Caribbean cruise. I can see all the excursions - haven’t booked any though. Next test is whether I will be able to book seats on our Virgin flight, only available 30 days before our cruise. Things have definitely improved for me. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, posford said:

Hi All.

I booked an excursion on my iPad! Strange