A couple more newbie questions

Cruised many times but not on Royal Caribbean. Need some clarity on a few things.

Is it true you cannot bring water bottles on board with you?

Where can I see the events /recommended dress per night on my cruise? We sail December 29.

Also, is there a schedule of shows shown before you board?

Also, can you get luggage tags mailed to you or do you only get the online type you have to print and staple.

Thank you!

35 minutes ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Liberty of the seas. Can't book in advance, but can I see them any where.

The shows are not listed on line anywhere. Your best bet is to look at recent reviews to se if anyone posts the daily Compass. The Broadway style shows will not change from cruise to cruise. Some of the other acts; comedians, singers etc. will change.

21 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Where can I see the events /recommended dress per night on my cruise? We sail December 29.

They don't publish events that I'm aware of.  But here's the suggested dress code from the Royal Caribbean website.  It's not mandatory, it's suggested.  We've done 3 New Year's cruises, and New Year's Eve was a "Formal Night."  On our cruises, most people dressed for the occasion.  We were on Freedom of the Seas all 3 times and they had a huge party on the  Promenade deck.  So plan accordingly.  VERY festive!  Also get there early as it is PACKED and it's hard to find seats.  On our last cruise, the tables on the Promenade were sold, so if you want one and want to pay for a front row seat, check it out early.  Inside the Pub was free and you can walk out to see the balloon drop, but again, get there early to get a table.  

Q

What is the dress code onboard all ships?

A

When you’re onboard, the right look will vary by venue. But here are a few types of suggested attire you’ll see, grouped by item.

• Casual: You’re on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.
  • Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed. 
  • Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion.

Formal nights:

• 3/4/5 night cruises - usually on Day 2
  • 6 night cruises - usually on day 2 and 5
  • 7 night cruises - are usually on Day 2 and 6
  • Oasis and Allure use Day 2 and 5 on Western itineraries and Day 2 and 6 on Eastern itineraries.
  • For longer cruises - Click Here 
  • Formal Night will not be offered on any of the currently scheduled Empress of the Seas sailings.

Please note that bare feet are not allowed at any time in any venue and tank tops are not permitted in the Main Dining Room or Specialty Dining venues for dinner.

Edited by papaflamingo