Ranger Cookies. Which ships have them?

Showme72

One of my favorites.  Love to grab a couple for late night snack in the cabin.  Available on every ship I can remember, but maybe not at all times.  On Anthem last month they put cookies [including ranger cookies] out fresh still on the baking sheets and parchment paper in the Windjammer.  Also on Cafe Promenade [but availability there spottier]

On 11/16/2019 at 4:14 PM, taxatty said:

My favorite dessert on RCI. DW made them for my birthday.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/a-very-royal-recipe-ranger-cookies/

I'm with you, on my last cruise on Grandeur I ask them when they would show up and they kindly made sure I received those wonderful cookies every evening after dinner....I finally had so many that I shared them with everyone! 🙂

Just like those white vanilla chip with cashew and cranberries are hard to find.

Once on Harmony I was told they put them out only once in a while as a lot of the officers also like them.

I guess pastry chef takes care of officers dining area first. But on Anthem they were more abundant. Folks have learned to grab more than 2 and stock up for room.

In the 24 hour place the cookies go fast and they are slow to restock. Don't go when the shows let out though.

1 hour ago, kernie968 said:

Are they called Ranger cookies on the ships? I ran up to the Windjammer many times looking for this mysterious Ranger cookies and never saw them. And I mean I went to the Windjammer every hour hoping to see them.

I've seen them called Coconut, Ranger, and Coconut Ranger.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, Merion_Mom said:

All.

And they don't taste really coconut-y.

Have you seen the recipe?  We have it. It's got flaked coconut and coconut cream. The praline paste covers a bit of the coconut flavor, but they are coconut cookies.

3 hours ago, kernie968 said:

Are they called Ranger cookies on the ships? I ran up to the Windjammer many times looking for this mysterious Ranger cookies and never saw them. And I mean I went to the Windjammer every hour hoping to see them.

Don't set your expectations too high.  I think they are o.k., but I'm also not a cookie/sweets/cake kind of guy.

Dan

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:24 PM, Ashland said:

I just wish the cookies on board were a bit more on the softer side.

Agree.  We were on Jewel B2B a couple years ago and every cookie every day for 2 weeks was very hard and crunchy.  Couldn't believe that someone/anyone in the galley never caught on and figured out they needed to bake them a couple minutes less.

A few weeks ago on Adventure all the cookies were perfect every day, somewhat soft and chewy.:classic_smile:

And yes, like the Ranger Cookies when they're done right:classic_tongue:

Thank you for all of your posts!

I usually find them in the cafe on the promenade. Sometimes they are a bit hard, darnit, but usually they are just right. I load up on them and drag them around the ship with me and keep some in the cabin.

RCCI does not waste sugar in any of their recipes so a sweet cookie really hits the spot. Now, if they just served 5 reeses cups with every meal, I'd be happier. 😂👍👍

3 hours ago, island lady said:

DH likes his coconut rangers with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.   Mmmm....😋

I saw a picture on one post where someone had made an ice cream sandwich using the coconut cookies and soft serve from the machine. They said it was messy, but good.

22 minutes ago, Sassy19305 said:

I saw a picture on one post where someone had made an ice cream sandwich using the coconut cookies and soft serve from the machine. They said it was messy, but good.

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention adding the chocolate sprinkles on top.  😄