EDGE SUNSET VERANDA REVIEW....11/15/19, ABC ISLANDS

hcat

49 minutes ago, jsacco20 said:

Do you happen to know if they show any football games? 

I was on the cruise. Plenty of NFL games. A choice of four games (two early/two late) on Sunday afternoons and Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, ,but I do not believe I saw any college games. While Celebrity, like most cruise lines have ESPN and ESPN2, in the Caribbean they are forced to carry the Caribbean version of the networks, so when I hoped to view college football, I was unfortunately treated to a cricket match or soccer.

33 minutes ago, edgee said:

I was on the cruise. Plenty of NFL games. A choice of four games (two early/two late) on Sunday afternoons and Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, ,but I do not believe I saw any college games. While Celebrity, like most cruise lines have ESPN and ESPN2, in the Caribbean they are forced to carry the Caribbean version of the networks, so when I hoped to view college football, I was unfortunately treated to a cricket match or soccer.

Ha! Not quite the same! 

Thanks so much for responding! Our team happens to be playing on Sunday AND Thursday night and I promised my husband he would be able to catch at least one of the games (without really knowing the answer. :P)

On 11/23/2019 at 8:36 PM, vtcruising said:

I think by looking at this picture, you can see that the center two cabins on deck 7 and 8 have larger balconies because of the firewalls that are splayed out at the bottom. Deck 9's center two appear to be a bit larger. The cabins on either side of the two center cabins on 7 & 8 are smaller than others. The others are all probably in between and about the same size.

By looking at the furniture spacing and the amount of white wall beside the sliders, you can see the difference in the width of the balconies. hcat is in one of the best cabins, IMO - I have it booked on the Apex. 🙂

image.thumb.png.5d280c6ba648624907f30710b63710f0.png

Thanks for responding. It does appear that the center cabins on the lower decks have larger balconies. I am just wondering if noise from below would be an issue on deck 7. 

7 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

Thanks for responding. It does appear that the center cabins on the lower decks have larger balconies. I am just wondering if noise from below would be an issue on deck 7. 

I have not heard that it is an issue - I have read some reviews from Deck 7 aft people and had friends on Deck 7 in the aft who loved their location and didn't have noise issues. I also asked someone on CC, who stayed in an SV on 7, about lights and music before I booked mine and they also said it wasn't an issue.

I imagine that on the balcony on 7 aft, one might be able hear Eden music at times, as I have been able to hear music from the pool deck or other areas on my balcony on other ships at times. We can see what hcat experienced, though sounds like she had so much fun on the ship that she might not have spent much time on the balcony. 🙂

Sorry for the lapse..

Had our final dinner in Normandie....It  was excellent in all respects  with great service and food; and such a lovely atmosphere and decor.  Sat by the beautiful Lalique wall panels.  Said our good byes the last night to our favorite waitstaff team in Cypress:  Maritza and Cindy who are totally amazing.  So lucky to be at their table for 2 dinners including formal night. They are the best and very popular.  We also stopped in to see to Roxanna , the hostess in Tuscan,  who we  knew from BLU  last Jan.  She took good care of us and we spent alot of time in Tuscan.   Happy to hear she will be going to APEX!  ( These were the only ones we tipped  extra other than bar staff  and our cabin attendant who was excellent as well.) 

Picked up our print photos  which will help our memories as time passes, took the 12 prints,( 8 x 10 ) plus digital download.. received the E + discount...

The  last night's show was  one of our favorites. Colors of Life..X has really stepped up in the entertainment and musical offerings!  Cap Costas & CD Eddy  said farewell to all.. Classy all the way!

BACK TO REALITY:

Debarkation was smooth.. We waited in the theater ( Group 15 at  8:15)  We prefer to be on the same floor we leave the ship from so  we did not do Elite lounge in Tuscan.  Buffet was quick and not really a madhouse at all. Off we went... No issue with customsm  and our luggage was where it was supposed to be.    We immediately  engaged a porter who took us on the "fast track " to a taxi.  Taxi line area is quite a distance from the exit,  so well worth it to have someone else take our bags &  guide us through!

Had some travel delays just before accessing  I 75 ..

Heavy rain on Alligator Alley .  We are in Venice now....settled in for awhile til we head North for the Holidays.  I will post a bit more here but  will do the Art  Excursion review , music  groups and  restaurants on the main boards.

Another great Celebrity cruise!

• Like 3

On 11/23/2019 at 4:52 PM, Oville said:

Hi hcat, the app for my January Edge cruise list prime rib as an option in Find Cuts.  Did you notice if it is available.  We’re on the fence about keeping our reservation but prime rib might just sway us to stay.

Thanks for all the entertainment tips, we’ll be sure to check them out.

Enjoy your last evening on Edge.  If you are coming west tomorrow the weather has been superb.  Katie

We had Prime Rib twice in diff  mdrs.,excellent quality but I imagine  Fine Cut would be even more outstanding/ exceptional... Did not eat at Fine Cut so sorry I can't help on that..  .(Sal and I  often pick  the same  entrees so less chance to taste more!)

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry for the lapse..

Had our final dinner in Normandie....It  was excellent in all respects  with great service and food; and such a lovely atmosphere and decor.  Sat by the beautiful Lalique wall panels.  Said our good byes the last night to our favorite waitstaff team in Cypress:  Maritza and Cindy who are totally amazing.  So lucky to be at their table for 2 dinners including formal night. They are the best and very popular.  We also stopped in to see to Roxanna , the hostess in Tuscan,  who we  knew from BLU  last Jan.  She took good care of us and we spent alot of time in Tuscan.   Happy to hear she will be going to APEX!  ( These were the only ones we tipped  extra other than bar staff  and our cabin attendant who was excellent as well.) 

Picked up our print photos  which will help our memories as time passes, took the 12 prints,( 8 x 10 ) plus digital download.. received the E + discount...

The  last night's show was  one of our favorites. Colors of Life..X has really stepped up in the entertainment and musical offerings!  Cap Costas & CD Eddy  said farewell to all.. Classy all the way!

BACK TO REALITY:

Debarkation was smooth.. We waited in the theater ( Group 15 at  8:15)  We prefer to be on the same floor we leave the ship from so  we did not do Elite lounge in Tuscan.  Buffet was quick and not really a madhouse at all. Off we went... No issue with customsm  and our luggage was where it was supposed to be.    We immediately  engaged a porter who took us on the "fast track " to a taxi.  Taxi line area is quite a distance from the exit,  so well worth it to have someone else take our bags &  guide us through!

Had some travel delays just before accessing  I 75 ..

Heavy rain on Alligator Alley .  We are in Venice now....settled in for awhile til we head North for the Holidays.  I will post a bit more here but  will do the Art  Excursion review , music  groups and  restaurants on the main boards.

Another great Celebrity cruise!

Happy that you liked Normandie - it is the most beautiful MDR, IMO, and the Exclusives look the best. Can't wait to try it!

Glad you made it back safely! Had a little withdrawal without yours posts! 🙂

Thank you so much for the great review, hcat.  Particularly appreciate your info about The West Deck in Aruba; think we will give it a try when we are there in Feb 2020.  You mentioned that the beach was right there to go for a swim.....if you have a moment to answer, or anyone else who may have been to this restaurant, did you happen to notice if there were "change room" facilities at or near the restaurant, or is it better to simply wear clothes over your swimsuit?  Thank you in advance. 😊

We are in Venice Fl.

.Flew in to FLL, stayed over one night  & cruised..Then we drove up  to Venice across the Alley... Going to NY for the Holidays.  I sent you e mail..hope it was received..I am tech challenged! Will re send later

22 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I have not heard that it is an issue - I have read some reviews from Deck 7 aft people and had friends on Deck 7 in the aft who loved their location and didn't have noise issues. I also asked someone on CC, who stayed in an SV on 7, about lights and music before I booked mine and they also said it wasn't an issue.

I imagine that on the balcony on 7 aft, one might be able hear Eden music at times, as I have been able to hear music from the pool deck or other areas on my balcony on other ships at times. We can see what hcat experienced, though sounds like she had so much fun on the ship that she might not have spent much time on the balcony. 🙂

No noise issue.. We could  hear  music  from somewhere..we think pool deck. No heavy noise or bass.  I did hear music once or twice  at night near our bathroom  area. 

No wafting smoke and just  a small bit of soot on the balc,  but only once.  Wear flip flops.  By day there was mostly sun on the balc .with some shade on the afternoon. 

Having real drapes was  a plus to block  the sun/ light ,  and for privacy when docked...

Great starry nights and  and moonviews..

20191123_051248.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

No noise issue.. We could  hear  music  from somewhere..we think pool deck. No heavy noise or bass.  I did hear music once or twice  at night near our bathroom  area. 

No wafting smoke and just  a small bit of soot on the balc,  but only once.  Wear flip flops.  By day there was mostly sun on the balc .with some shade on the afternoon. 

Having real drapes was  a plus to block  the sun/ light ,  and for privacy when docked...

Great starry nights and  and moonviews..

20191123_051248.jpg

Wow!!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

We are in Venice Fl.

.Flew in to FLL, stayed over one night  & cruised..Then we drove up  to Venice across the Alley... Going to NY for the Holidays.  I sent you e mail..hope it was received..I am tech challenged! Will re send later

I received your email, thanks.